tonic-_-

Forum / Security Notice - They trollinnnn

Take down his personal information Tonic. Its nice your trying to put this in a funny perspective but you cant be doing that.

Personal data are defined as "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified' date=' directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;" (art. 2 a)

This definition is meant to be very broad. Data are "personal data" when someone is able to link the information to a person, even if the person holding the data cannot make this link. Some examples of "personal data" are: address, credit card number, bank statements, criminal record, etc.

The notion processing means "any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;" (art. 2 b)

The responsibility for compliance rests on the shoulders of the "controller", meaning the natural or artificial person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; (art. 2 d)

The data protection rules are applicable not only when the controller is established within the EU, but whenever the controller uses equipment situated within the EU in order to process data. (art. 4) Controllers from outside the EU, processing data in the EU, will have to follow data protection regulation. In principle, any online business trading with EU citizens would process some personal data and would be using equipment in the EU to process the data (i.e. the customer's computer). As a consequence, the website operator would have to comply with the European data protection rules. The directive was written before the breakthrough of the Internet, and to date there is little jurisprudence on this subject.

The proposed new European Union Data Protection Regulation (a draft for which was unveiled in January 2012) extends the scope of the EU data protection law to all foreign companies processing data of European Union residents.[1']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Protection_Directive

if you're quoting that article, I could dig up the one that allows you to post somebody's data in "self defense" following an aforementioned attack by an internet user. and it's not really that personal, either.

We thought apples was a good fella.. but apparently he infiltrated into our group and fucked shit up. Sorry 'bout that. Don't blame the clan, blame the person who did this.

Sorry for the misspelling and stuff, im extremely drunk on estonian vodka. :) Have a nice weekend guys.

-snip-

Its not against the law to dox someone as long as they put their information out on the internet already.

The kid owns a facebook, so he is already allowing it.

Please don't give away his personal info. Most of the time innocent people become victims of the ensuing witchhunts. But please sue him to the full extent of law. People who do this kind of shit think they can get away with it all too often.

+1

Whether he is innocent or not, it doesn't change the fact that self righteous internet mobs are one of the most reprehensible things ever. IMO mods should delete all the personal info about the kid posted here by other users aswell.

We thought apples was a good fella.. but apparently he infiltrated into our group and fucked shit up. Sorry 'bout that. Don't blame the clan' date=' blame the person who did this.

Sorry for the misspelling and stuff, im extremely drunk on estonian vodka. :) Have a nice weekend guys.

[/quote']

I see...

I was wondering why there is a rollback. Now, I know.

Edit:

Even my avatar and signature are gone! DX

Haha really awesome post, I like it! Developers should do this more often :)! Sucks he dealt any damage but o well. Time to rebuilt lost time!

Take down his personal information Tonic. Its nice your trying to put this in a funny perspective but you cant be doing that.

Personal data are defined as "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified' date=' directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;" (art. 2 a)

blah blah blah copy pasta bullshit

[/quote']

heres another article for you to look up on wiki PUBLIC DOMAIN

[/quote']

Your private information is not in the public domain, nice try tho.

This definition is meant to be very broad. Data are "personal data" when someone is able to link the information to a person, even if the person holding the data cannot make this link. Some examples of "personal data" are: address, credit card number, bank statements, criminal record, etc.

The notion processing means "any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;" (art. 2 b)

The responsibility for compliance rests on the shoulders of the "controller", meaning the natural or artificial person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; (art. 2 d)

The data protection rules are applicable not only when the controller is established within the EU, but whenever the controller uses equipment situated within the EU in order to process data. (art. 4) Controllers from outside the EU, processing data in the EU, will have to follow data protection regulation. In principle, any online business trading with EU citizens would process some personal data and would be using equipment in the EU to process the data (i.e. the customer's computer). As a consequence, the website operator would have to comply with the European data protection rules. The directive was written before the breakthrough of the Internet, and to date there is little jurisprudence on this subject.

The proposed new European Union Data Protection Regulation (a draft for which was unveiled in January 2012) extends the scope of the EU data protection law to all foreign companies processing data of European Union residents.[1']

I regret to inform you but nothing that I have posted and am responsible for reveals his actual name, age, address, etc. The only things posted by me are is one of his known gaming aliases, other information posted by users is also related to his gaming aliases.

Also the article you have posted does not apply to DayZ as dayzmod.com does not reside within the EU, not to mention even if it did apply to dayzmod.com the act clearly states:

personal data are: address, credit card number, bank statements, criminal record, etc.

None of this information is located on dayzmod.com

Not to mention his personal information such as name, address, etc are posted on the internet via Linkedin and various other websites. I like that you want to preserve this users identity and I respect that, I to hold the responsibility to withhold such information but as I said, none of his actual personal information that is not public domain is posted on this website.

Uh...

That's in the EU. Last I checked, America/Canada doesn't abide by EU law.

Nice try though...cool copypasta.

[/quote']

Your private information is not in the public domain, nice try tho.

when you leave your info online publicly available it becomes PUBLIC DOMAIN moron .. lol

The other kids wouldn't play with him, so he kicked over their sandcastle, and then ran home to cry lonely tears.

I regret to inform you but nothing that I have posted and am responsible for reveals his actual name' date=' age, address, etc. The only things posted by me are is one of his known gaming aliases, other information posted by users is also related to his gaming aliases.

Also the article you have posted does not apply to DayZ as dayzmod.com does not reside within the EU, not to mention even if it did apply to dayzmod.com the act clearly states:

personal data are: address, credit card number, bank statements, criminal record, etc.

Not to mention his personal information such as name, address, etc are posted on the internet via Linkedin and various other websites. I like that you want to preserve this users identity and I respect that, I to hold the responsibility to withhold such information but as I said, none of his actual personal information that is not public domain is posted on this website.

[/quote']

It doesn't really change the fact that to a certain degree your post incited some people to look up his personal info and use it to harass him. I'm far from saying that you openly asked other people to mob him, but still... not cool.

Indeed. As far as I'm concerned he lost his anonymity when he decided to upload a data miner in an attempt to steal information.

Here's his IP' date=' freshly taken from his public Steam Profile.

ISP: Rogers Cable

I took the liberty of forwarding an email with this information to his ISP. Enjoy shopping for a new provider next week despect!

[/quote']

rogers dont give a shit if he pays his bill you will need a court order to do anything rogers is a crooked as he is prolly the real effective measure here is to not have staff expose him but have the player base expose his real identity and then let the 100K plus player base take care of the rest

that way implication stays off DayZ staff

I regret to inform you but nothing that I have posted and am responsible for reveals his actual name' date=' age, address, etc. The only things posted by me are is one of his known gaming aliases, other information posted by users is also related to his gaming aliases.

[/quote']

It doesn't really change the fact that to a certain degree your post incited some people to look up his personal info and use it to harass him. I'm far from saying that you openly asked other people to mob him, but still... not cool.

And what exactly is "not cool" about it?

[/quote']

Always look at the worst possible outcome which would be all his personal information goes on 4chan and reddit.

To please the kind hearted people of the DayZ community, I want to encourage users to not harass this person. Users further posting more information about him which can lead up to his personal identity can and will be temporally removed from dayzmod.com

So please guys, don't pursue this any more, let us handle it but by all means post your comments on what you think about him, discuss it but don't further pursue trying to obtain his personal identity to harass him in any way.

not sure why you guys are blaming Apoc for this. one person does not define a clan.

PS:

@WildGunsTomcat

great work junior detective. learn to get both sides of the story before your write your biased filled posts. you have no clue what happened.

Always look at the worst possible outcome which would be all his personal information goes on 4chan and reddit.

To please the kind hearted people of the DayZ community' date=' I want to encourage users to not harass this person. Users further posting more information about him which can lead up to his personal identity can and will be temporally removed from dayzmod.com

So please guys, don't pursue this any more, let us handle it but by all means post your comments on what you think about him, discuss it but don't further pursue trying to obtain his personal identity to harass him in any way.

[/quote']

That's all I wanted to hear! Thanks and good luck dealing with that twat :)

but by all means post your comments on what you think about him' date=' discuss it but don't further pursue trying to obtain his personal identity to harass him in any way.

[/quote']

you asked for it so, i think this dude is a faggot dipshit with a mentality of a 8 years old that didnt got what he wanted, also that he should put some fuel on himself and crack a match, just for the fun you know :D