byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

Utes and Takistan into poll options (:

naah coz i would never run them as persistant maps, as they just dont seem to have the same functionality.

they are for kicks and laughs :)

i already got the cherno DB build, so its good to go if needed.

Edited by Byrgesen

Cherno is only better for hiding stufff

Cherno is better for everything tbh :)

Ive made a desicion, coz i dont wanna be the guy who tells you what to do and when anymore.

we are moving back to Cherno, and its pretty much gonna be FFA. i will update the main post accordingly. no point in having rules when people dont intend to follow em and dont understand em...

Cherno is better for everything tbh :)

I actually went ahead and voted Lingor even though I have never tried DayZ on Cherno. Playing so many ArmA missions on Cherno and constantly being annoyed at the fact that not a single frickin building is enterable has put it's mark on me...

And that's where Lingor excels - Enterable buildings.

Aaww, that's a shame. But I'm looking forward to trying Chernarus!

You do realise that the animal thing won't happen on Cherno right? ;)

Edited by DuggeDank

yeh i know mate, sry :)

but lingor was just getting to borring :) cherno has the correct feel of tottaly lost and never getting saved :)

No problem, I hadn't put too much effort into it yet so nothing lost there.

If anything I learned that it is pretty easy to create special scenarios for DayZ - Could be useful to know :)

So the server is up already? I assume the database is wiped as well?

you know, at first i liked lingors enterable buildings, but after you get semi-decent gear you know what buildings you want to go to, and the rest you ignore in lingor, so in cherno, you know what buildings you want to enter, and which to ignore. so after an hour or so it doesn't matter what percent enterable buildings are, it all depends on what you are looking for.

@Byrgesen, it seems like this last day on lingor must have been hard/stressful for you; people twisting/ignoring rules. i just want to let you know that I/we appreciate all the time and effort you put into your server.

@Byrgesen, it seems like this last day on lingor must have been hard/stressful for you; people twisting/ignoring rules. i just want to let you know that I/we appreciate all the time and effort you put into your server.

i think the rule system is simple and a great way to play the game.

it makes the experiance more realistic as bands of different players can ally and have a safe place to trade and still have the ability to defend themselves and their property. Bandits do only have a small lingor pvp area but the sections in the cherno map evens things out pretty well.

Possibly hard to police but as long as the players that are on the map are aware of the rules and aware of the change in experiance they can have by folowing them I dont see why it would be a problem.

Thx Byrgesen and active admins :D

Cherno?? Cherno is a city, guys, not the map LOL

I am happy about the map change, not happy about the FFA concept, and i dont even understand a bit about the new zone map. I mean "The Badlands - Here be dragons" ... any fantasy modded into the game recently? ;)

"Let them rest in peace", is yellow now friendlier than green? or more dangerous? No clue, really.

Now only thing i really hope for is a persistent, longer lasting database this time. And if new maps are released, it would be nice if those are run on a different server/database, so we arent forced to move back and forth all the time.

Edited by Avatar73

"Let them rest in peace", is yellow now friendlier than green? or more dangerous? No clue, really.

for 1 it is easier to be killed on the coast where there is almost no cover, than in the forest where there is lots of cover.

and 2nd you don't need to think of the different areas with colors as danger zones, just a way to tell the sections apart.

i think the rule system is simple and a great way to play the game.

it makes the experiance more realistic as bands of different players can ally and have a safe place to trade and still have the ability to defend themselves and their property. Bandits do only have a small lingor pvp area but the sections in the cherno map evens things out pretty well.

Possibly hard to police but as long as the players that are on the map are aware of the rules and aware of the change in experiance they can have by folowing them I dont see why it would be a problem.

just a clarification as i understand it: it is going to be Free-for-All, no rules, they are just guidelines. Well i suppose there is 1 rule, don't hack/cheat

you know, at first i liked lingors enterable buildings, but after you get semi-decent gear you know what buildings you want to go to, and the rest you ignore in lingor, so in cherno, you know what buildings you want to enter, and which to ignore. so after an hour or so it doesn't matter what percent enterable buildings are, it all depends on what you are looking for.

It was a crap day yeh hehe. thx for the words mate

Cherno?? Cherno is a city, guys, not the map LOL

I am happy about the map change, not happy about the FFA concept, and i dont even understand a bit about the new zone map. I mean "The Badlands - Here be dragons" ... any fantasy modded into the game recently? ;)

Now only thing i really hope for is a persistent, longer lasting database this time. And if new maps are released, it would be nice if those are run on a different server/database, so we arent forced to move back and forth all the time.

Ava you always know what to say haha :)

the Zone-Map is more of a guideline then an actual rule set.

hoping people will follow it, but i cant control it, thats the main reason so many rules got thrown away :)

Ive build a database seperate from lingor, for chernarus, so its a matter of clicking on a different file and we are back in lingor with the same gear. i wont wipe the DB anymore, coz i finally got the software to do it proberly :)

and i will build new DB's for Utes and Takistan if it becommes supported by Bliss :) so please dont worry about wipes anymore :)

I will also start to create a "Refuge Camp" where its completely safe, somewhere on the map. If you wanna help, gatehr Sandbags and Tanktraps :)

just a clarification as i understand it: it is going to be Free-for-All, no rules, they are just guidelines. Well i suppose there is 1 rule, don't hack/cheat

Thats more or less like it yes, we still have Rules, but its not as ellaborate as before. KOS is allowed everywhere now, except people without weapons

and the map is guidelines, but as we all know, the coast is prob the least safe spot :)

Edited by Byrgesen

**hissing sound of air pulled through the teeth** <_<

... ...

Also langsam...gaanz laangsaam, wenn auch nicht sofort, jedoch mit stetig zunehmender Wahrscheinlichkeit... :(

... PLATZT MIR DER ARSCH!! >:(

Der Schellenbaum scheint reif zum Schütteln!! :rolleyes:

Nevermind.. :blush:

Nevertheless, loyalty is my uppermost virtue and i feel deep respect for any good work done with abandon, so I am very grateful to be entitled to participate in this project.

So i will still stick to you, bro, and if you need more support in any way just let me know. B) ;)

Edited by Punch
  • Like 1

Sounds like I missed quite the day, been having fun on Takistan and a shitty day at work though.

A move to Chernarus suits me. Lingor got pretty dull, pretty quick. Way too easy to gear up, but I have enjoyed the co-op aspect on the server and the camaraderie. If anyone wants to ''squad up'' let me know. Safety in numbers guys, though I do now have a nifty bandit mask on Takistan...

Though I just saw the main post and I might piss and moan about lack of 3rd person. Dunno, will give it a try first.

Edited by Spitroast Jerry

Though I just saw the main post and I might piss and moan about lack of 3rd person. Dunno, will give it a try first.

I was sceptic, but it adds so much feel to the game. its almost to intense now haha :)

rofl punch btw, awsome ranting :D

I can imagine, I have just always preferred 3rd person games in general. Ho hum, like I say, I'll give it a shot.

i hope you will mate :)

How can one join your servers what is the address of it so I can remote connect to it

Thnx

How can one join your servers what is the address of it so I can remote connect to it

Thnx

I added the IP to the Mainpost mate :)

Aww man, I can find 4000+ chernarus servers. Only a few lingor. That was the whole reason we played this server... :-(

• Like 1

Aww man, I can find 4000+ chernarus servers. Only a few lingor. That was the whole reason we played this server... :-(

im sorry to hear mate, but lingor gets old to fast. its just to easy for a persistant world tbh. And the amount of bugs is insane, it just doesnt get fixed as fast as DayZ does. Bliss has alot of NON-Official bug fixes for DayZ to, so all in all its plusses all the line in my world. Lingor support is very poor and almost non existent.

i hope you will come and give me it a chance mate :) the performance have improved alot and the load times are epic now, its easy to see how well supported DayZ is by Bliss devs.

we are still having fun and the game is alot more intense now :D pretty much everything is off now, so its alot more challenging.

Ive still got the old Lingor DB, so if Chernarus gets boring, its just a matter of clicking another file :)

Edited by Byrgesen

So my first Chernarus experience was way more harrowing than my first Lingor experience! Just because of that, I have to say Chernarus has a big advantage over Lingor - It's actually difficult finding all the stuff you need!

However, the lack of enterable buildings does not have much at all to do with loot spawn to me, it's the fact that you can't use the buildings, they're just big blocky obstacles. Sneaking into a town, cutting through buildings, using windows and doors to take cover, hiding from Zs and players alike. That's what it's all about.

I would gladly accept every single building enterable but with a severly reduced loot spawn probability, that way you would have to actually go through all the buildings in a town, instead of creeping about outside them looking for friggin toilets! ;)

Of course, I would also like to see that much of the loot can spawn anywhere (at very low probability), instead of knowing exactly what I may and may not find in every single building because I've "learned" what spawns in there. It's like "oh I need food, well I'll go search for that blue house with white details because I know that's a bean spawner..."

If someone feels like pointing out that weapons wouldnt be lying around in the hospital at the breakout, it's easy to explain that by saygin that some survivors out them there after the breakout! We run around dropping stuff all over the place anyway...

Hmm, this got a bit ranty maybe, but whatever :)

And regarding that disadvantage for Lingor. The high loot availability comes from intentional settings in the Lingor files. In other words it's the creators of the Lingor map that chose it. I don't even know who made the map, but it shouldn't be difficult for them to create a "hardcore" version with a lot less loot and generally less forgiving atmosphere. Anyone know how to contact them and make a suggestion/wish?

I don't know what's required to set up loot spawn points and all that, but I actually don't think it's very difficult. Just very repetitive and time consuming, and difficult to find the right balance.

It's actually kind of funny how there's not a million different versions of DayZ Lingor map out there already, that it's just one group who decided to port the map. I guess it's a big job, expecially considering the fact that DayZ Lingor is actually a separate mod, it uses it's own versions of the DayZ files. It's not just a map added in there.

Actually Chernarus is exactly what makes me dislike the whole DayZ concept.

A Zombieinfection in a place that persists of 85% woods?? Hell no... You have to run for half an hour to reach Elektro/Cherno. There you gather up food drink, low power guns, rucksack and head north. There you grab bigger guns.

After 4 hours of playing you are equipped properly, then what do you do? Nothing... You cant run around start shooting Zombies cause you will run out of ammo fast. Doing PvP is not what I want to do when i play a Zombie Survival Game. There is no sense to play any further than leaving Cherno.

Lingor gives you the opportunity to find crap everywhere, shoot as much as you want. You gather stuff fast, but you dont care losing it. It has in fact no Endgame either, but at least i dont have to run half a day to grab stuff i just lost because one stupid moron camped in some bushes just to take out every player he sees...

Chernarus is not the place to be...

Anyways, if you enjoy Chernarus, go ahead. I just hope they freakin add some content to the game or in the end it will have been nothing but a nice "could have been...".

Ps.: Anyone of you ever played Arma ACE/ACRE advanced combat environment? This is what DayZ needs to be more realistic.talking with a located voice in ingame chat, using radios etc....

Nice ranting :)

I can only agree with Chernarus being superior, except the building issue, but rocket is working on Chernarus 2.0 with up to 80-90% enterable building.

The lingor spawn theory is correct, but getting a suggestion to em isnt easy. they have a forum, but the english part is so small.

And i think all the things you are thinking about, will be there in Chernarus 2.0 :) rocket wants the same as you, however it might only be available for the standalone :)

You have a valid point Sound, its like the never ending XBOX vs PS3 question haha.

Personally i find lingor to easy, you dont have to work for your gear and theres far to little woods.

Chernarus gives you the feeling of being completely lost and alone, Lingor doesnt have that hehe.

TBH chernarus give you more places to hide and "scope out" other people, coz of the vegetation. Both maps are sniper heaven really, Lingor might even be better at sniping, coz of the low lvl of vegetation and the crazy amount of "highspots" all over the map.

And the ACE/ACRE thing, ive seen some server with it, running side by side with DayZ. Maybe we could look into that, im not to sure what it is really.

Edited by Byrgesen

I admit it, I am a Chernarus fanboy :) Lingor was a nice, little place for vacation, but now that the server switched back to the original map, its feeling like coming home.

Like Byrgesen said, the long distances, endless woods and meadows are what adds to the feeling of being a lone survivor of an apocalypse. Having to run several miles for your gear and searching for vehicles is what makes it feel worth it and you will regard your efforts much higher cause you worked hard for it. Therefor you will take much more care to stay alive and defend/hide your belongings.

Plus you will always think twice (or even thrice), cause dying in the northern part will make you have a nasty long walk back to your corpse. That simply is what DayZ is supposed be.

Edited by Avatar73