Sign in to follow this  
austendude

did the recent patches f*** up the loot spawning?

Ok so i know that loot despawns in your area if you join a game for a long time until you leave the area and wait. But i have been traveling cross country on my truck and have stopped at many loot filled places (a huge construction site, 3 gas stations, 3 barns, ect.). None of them had a lot of loot. The consturction site only had 1 jerry can and a couple cans. The barracks in NW airfield had cans, chemlights, and some shells. (both of the barracks!) The best thing i found at the airfield was an M16, in a hangar.....The gas stations were always empty, and the barns had cans and hatchets. I'm up north so these places have probably not been visited for a little while, so i was wondering what''s the deal. I recently started playing after a couple weeks of not playing and i used to find plenty of loot while traveling, but this is lame as shit......

I've noticed this too. I had it worse and lost all my gear when I updated so now it's double as hard for me.

I too think there might be problems with the spawns at this moment, so many times I've entered the pub/school in Elektro only to find crowbars all over the place.

Edited by EchoZeero

I was on our clan server recently and cherno and elektro were completely empty, literally nothing spawned... went into a barn and saw a hatchet. Server restarted, everything was back to normal.

I've been having the opposite happen to me. I walk into the barracks and I can't even see the floor under all the loot. I find four rifles, twenty magazines, a dozen chemlights. It's insane. I head down into a supermarket and the floor is carpeted with frank and beans. It's absurd.

if you take a vehicle up to 200M away from the point which you wish to loot, Nothing will spawn there....

- Hint. If you see the zombies spawn, theres new loot.

if you take a vehicle up to 200M away from the point which you wish to loot, Nothing will spawn there....

- Hint. If you see the zombies spawn, theres new loot.

So let's just say i log in about 1000m away from the NW Airfield. I run to a barracks. Will nothing be there?? I see zed all the time but nothing is in the place they're "guarding".

I had the same problem yesterday. I went up to NEAF, and Krasnostav. I first tried checking the various residential in Krasnostav, no loot. Checked the supermarket, no loot, not even a tin can. then I headed to the NEAF, guess what I found? yup that's right no loot, but there were Z's spawning.

It's been like this for me the past 3 days, I'm baffled at what's going on.

In my experience, this just happens if you play with the wrong beta patch. So the server is on another version as you are.

yes pretty much

i found a bike and even on that, every time i reach a medium/high value its empty. so would have to run off and come back, the zombies appear along with the loot. in the end learned to stop about 100m before the target and dismount and go on foot.

its a measure which i think reduces immersion, even tho it may well slow down a server hopping looter it doesnt stop it. ppl just have to be more patient, run away, come back, etc. in the meanwhile if you are looting via vehicle or even running on foot, being legit, heaps of buildings are empty and you have to do the same running back and forth thing a server hopper would

Ok so i know that loot despawns in your area if you join a game for a long time until you leave the area and wait. But i have been traveling cross country on my truck and have stopped at many loot filled places (a huge construction site, 3 gas stations, 3 barns, ect.). None of them had a lot of loot. The consturction site only had 1 jerry can and a couple cans. The barracks in NW airfield had cans, chemlights, and some shells. (both of the barracks!) The best thing i found at the airfield was an M16, in a hangar.....The gas stations were always empty, and the barns had cans and hatchets. I'm up north so these places have probably not been visited for a little while, so i was wondering what''s the deal. I recently started playing after a couple weeks of not playing and i used to find plenty of loot while traveling, but this is lame as shit......

I noticed that when I was riding a bike the other day, I would go into the city and there would be no loot like a server hopped right into the building. After this happened a couple of times I hid my bike on the outskirts and walked into the next city and it populated loot normally. I think it has something to do with the vehicle.

So let's just say i log in about 1000m away from the NW Airfield. I run to a barracks. Will nothing be there?? I see zed all the time but nothing is in the place they're "guarding".

See that is weird, I have never had this happen while running up to the a location, only when I drove into the area and got out close to the building. Who knows it is buggy.

I thought I was just being a moany twat, but I have to agree with this.

Oodles of deer stands, 4 runs of NWAF and loads of buildings and the loot just isn't the same. Were there undocumented reductions in loot spawn?

That's not my problem, I'm playing on a private server, I don't have a vehicle. As far as I can tell I'm using the right clients ( at least DayZ Commander says I have right client as the server).