Sign in to follow this  
Greenny

removing bandit skin transition is a fail

With the update of 1.6.0.1, bandit skin transition is removed.I don't know why Dev team has made this change.

Now you can't tell bandit from skin. What you gonna do when come across a player? In the earlier version, you can shoot at bandit or try to communicate with a survival. But now, the only thing you can do is shoot if he sees you,too. Cuz there might be a bandit in a survival skin. And if you don't shoot, you die.

Now the game is driving players to be bad. You can't choose to be a good person. Keeping alive is the most important thing in DayZ. And to achieve that, you have to kill anyone who moves into your crosshair.

Well, I do wish bandit skin comes back in the next version. And even more, there could be serveral different bandit skins to define the degree of how bad the bandit is.

What you gonna do when come across a player?

Practice caution? Adapt? This is the zombie apocalypse. You shouldn't be able to determine whether someone is going to shoot you because of how they're skin'd in game. Trust shouldn't be something that builds easily. Come on, buddy.

It's the very opposite. Removing bandit skin was the right thing to do. There are so many things in this mod that people are discussing/complaining/whining so it could be more "realistic" or whatnot.

If I were a bandit in this mod - not to mention in a real life SHTF scenario - I would do everything to cover my true intentions. Wearing something that reveals who I am would end my shit smelling miserable post apocalyptic life sooner that I prefer.

Even before this skin removal patch, you couldn't trust anyone out there. I was been shot by survivals for the whole time. Solution is to put up beta patch (for working direct communication) and find people to survive with. Ugly things have happened but generally we try to maintain our real humanity even if the game would've mark us as bandits. That's what I've been doing few days now, I found my people and it makes everything in that shitty world of dayz (and worth of playing dayz). We are gregarious animals after all.

Why are people so paranoid?

No one want to die.

Ha, fair enough. I should have elaborated a bit.

I don't understand why people think that just because you can't distinguish one from another now that they have to shoot everybody. The people who are willing to help outnumber those who don't, so not everyone is gonna blast you stright away, and having the attitude that they will is what's driving up the PKs.

Bandit skin removal is the best decision made thus far IMO. I was so tried of being tagged as a bandit after trying to defend myself. It was also far too gamey, this is supposed to be semi-realistic.

In the earlier version' date=' you can shoot at bandit or try to communicate with a survival.

[/quote']

I was a bandit because of self defence.

With the update of 1.6.0.1' date=' bandit skin transition is removed.I don't know why Dev team has made this change.

Now you can't tell bandit from skin. What you gonna do when come across a player? In the earlier version, you can shoot at bandit or try to communicate with a survival. But now, the only thing you can do is shoot if he sees you,too. Cuz there might be a bandit in a survival skin. And if you don't shoot, you die.

Now the game is driving players to be bad. You can't choose to be a good person. Keeping alive is the most important thing in DayZ. And to achieve that, you have to kill anyone who moves into your crosshair.

Well, I do wish bandit skin comes back in the next version. And even more, there could be serveral different bandit skins to define the degree of how bad the bandit is.

[/quote']

>Shoots everyone on sight.

>Wonders why people keep shooting him.

Stop being a coward. Either have the courage to not open fire on people as soon as you see them or take responsibility for them retaliating. There are still plenty of players in game that will leave you alone but you have to give them a chance.

Now if I find someone, I just back off and find cover. I scared off plenty of people like this. It is their choice if they want a gun battle. Its almost always that the attacker loses. So they just back off.

Now getting ambushed... eh. It happens.

With the update of 1.6.0.1' date=' bandit skin transition is removed.I don't know why Dev team has made this change.

[/quote']

>Shoots everyone on sight.

>Wonders why people keep shooting him.

Stop being a coward. Either have the courage to not open fire on people as soon as you see them or take responsibility for them retaliating. There are still plenty of players in game that will leave you alone but you have to give them a chance.

I do that and I'm not a coward, I'm just fucking paranoid. I play/live in the north where it's usually really quiet, but if you cross in may way, I'm sorry but you are dead. I've seen many, many cases where some douche offers help, he's nice for a few minutes and then shoots the player/players he's playing with, just to write in the chat 'LOLOLOL, don't trust anyone, hurrrrrr'

I do that and I'm not a coward' date=' I'm just fucking paranoid. I play/live in the north where it's usually really quiet, but if you cross in may way, I'm sorry but you are dead. I've seen many, many cases where some douche offers help, he's nice for a few minutes and then shoots the player/players he's playing with, just to write in the chat 'LOLOLOL, don't trust anyone, hurrrrrr'

[/quote']

You don't have to team up with people. Just don't shoot each other and then go your separate ways.

Removal of the bandit skin was the best thing to happen and I'm not even a bandit.

Now it's real, you don't know who to trust and you have to decide whether to kill the person and risk and zombie hoard or just watch him till he moves on and carry on what you were doing or even try to communicate with him.

Stop crying and start surviving

In the south coast cities people are often too trigger happy because they run into each other too often, but if you go north, the game is a lot more interesting. Find a place and get to know it better, instead of running all the map. After a while you'll learn where people come from when they go there, what they are looking for, etc. It's simple to have them in your crosshair while hiding and ask in chat for them to identify their name and what they are doing.

Remember, the game objective is survival. It's not killing, it's not getting good gear, cars or anything else. Survival. If right now people are running amok killing each other, your chances of survival will decrease if you put yourself in that situation. The game barely started, things will change again many times.

Adapt or die!

[/quote']

i for one am glad that bandit skins were removed. now people actually have to make a decision whether to trust someone, or just to shoot them like they would normally with bandits.

a lot survivors are no better than the bandits in this game, they just decide to randomly kill bandits instead of other survivors so that they do not become a bandit themselves.

Be creative:

Try to help someone when he is followed by Z's or when being in PvP fight to gain his trust instead of just being a puta who is asking for friendship everywhere and freely ...

I really don't care, I started playing this 4 days after the mod was made public by rocket and I got shot by one bandit in total.

One.

All other players that killed me had a survivor skin.

Be creative:

Try to help someone when he is followed by Z's or when being in PvP fight to gain his trust instead of just being a puta who is asking for friendship everywhere and freely ...

This.

I rarely getbackstabbed because I dont run up to just anyone and say hey buddy, lets be pals!

I sit back, watch what hey do and assist if its safe to do so. One guy lost a lot of blood so I dropped a bag on the road for him. I didnt offer a transfusion because I didnt trust him.

What I didnt do was shoot him the second I saw him.

Why are people so paranoid?

No one want to die.

Ha' date=' fair enough. I should have elaborated a bit.

I don't understand why people think that just because you can't distinguish one from another now that they have to shoot everybody. The people who are willing to help outnumber those who don't, so not everyone is gonna blast you stright away, and having the attitude that they will is what's driving up the PKs.

[/quote']

I think we must be playing a different game. Everyone shoots on sight.

I agree with op.

Its a fail as it is now.

Something needs to change or the alpha will fail in alpha.

I think we must be playing a different game. Everyone shoots on sight.

Really? 'cause I had 8 folks in my Offroad last night and none of them shot me "on sight."

Bandit skins were a forced, lazy, stupid broken mechanic that didn't accomplish anything and anyone who misses them is playing the wrong game and I'm so fucking sick and tired of talking about it it's not even funny.

Someone tries to steal from my tent, I shoot them - Bandit. Someone tries to steal my truck, I shoot them - Bandit. Someone shoots at me but misses, I shoot them - Bandit. I encounter someone who has wronged me in the past, but their humanity has reset, I shoot them - Bandit.

Meanwhile survivors with makarovs are way more dangerous than anyone with a bandit skin ever was.

Bandit skin never worked. It never accomplished anything. It made you FEEL safer, but it didn't actually make you safer. It was dumb and if you want it back you are dumb. Go play a dumb game with your dumb friends.