Sign in to follow this  
Mankind

Will I get banned if I use Skins?

Hi, Just wondering if I put a Freddie Kruger skin in my Arma2 Other Profiles folder, then I select the skin in-game, will I get banned? And can other players see my skin or just me? I only want to do it because it looks awesome, and hopefully it wouldn't ban for me whatever reason. Any help is appreciated, cheers.

You won't get banned for it.

Serverd may restrict your ability to have a custom face.jpg or they might also restrict the size. so you run the risk of the server not letting you connect due to having a custom skin, and you also run the risk of having the server not letting you connect because your custom skin is too large. You can always go back to the original if you can't find servers aren't allowing it.

Edited by smasht_AU

well considering it isn't legit in DayZ... you will either be frowned upon or could face a ban, i'm not totally 100% clued up on character skins but i do know there are only a certain few in DayZ (using the ARMA2 defaults) and obviously the Camo and Ghuillie suit you find in game... tbh i wouldn't risk it incase someone thinks your a serial killing hacker....

Nope

There's a lot of scripters using that skin to scare people with so I wouldn't use it if I was you. Admins may see you with it and think you are one of them.

You wont get Banned for using it! its legal

But yes most Servers will kick you after join (massage looks something like "Cozy Pete using Customeface 5432kb alowed 0" Kick )

Yes everyone can see it.

Use Searchfunktion next time!!

Hello there

I can confirm 2 things.

1. search! :)

2. You'll be fine. If an admin bans you from his server for using a custom face then he does'nt know enough about his server or how to run it and you're better of somewhere else.

Have fun

Rgds

LoK