ibux (DayZ)

Remove tents

They ruin the game. People just use them for duping.

New people dont realy have to search buildings for items, just search for tent and get it all.

If they fix the duping they could bring the tents back.

I say just get rid of them completely. It literally defies the point of the game that you can die and then just go get more stuff from a tent.

• Like 4

I say just get rid of them completely. It literally defies the point of the game that you can die and then just go get more stuff from a tent.

this is the same exact feeling i have toward tents. i shouldnt be able to stock pile anything and everything ill need for my next life. now if there were a way for the tent to despawn, along with everything inside it when the person that placed it dies, then i would be in favor of that. you should be allowed to store things somewhere safe while you are alive, but once you die, you shouldnt be able to access it again.

• Like 1

u do realize that those tents are out there so anyone can loot them. even if u think its a well placed tent u would have to shoulder the burden that your loots out there for any1 to grab.

u do realize that those tents are out there so anyone can loot them. even if u think its a well placed tent u would have to shoulder the burden that your loots out there for any1 to grab.

well, the items just respawn in the tents after server restart, so you dont realy lose anything.

I disagree. What about vehicles, then?

Tents are a boon for better players. It makes loosing top tier equipment less painful. Also it gives better players the freedom to dare to experiment more in-game, without fear of loosing it all. Even further, it makes it much easier for teams to cooperate by setting up camps. Without tents, there wouldn't be much point in having a camp or even team up. Again this makes the game much more interresting

Also, there's always a chance lower tier players can find a tent by chance. In fact, once I adopted a more tactical gameplay, and started understanding the mechanics of "the hunt" I also started to find a lot more tents. It also made the game more fun, as I could investigate the trail of better players, and maybe even hunt down bandits. Without any such clues, the game would be boring, and I might as well play COD.

Without clues, there is no hunt.

• Like 4

tents arent working perfectly. yes, duping is a serious issue. but they bring an aspect of persistence to the game which is of real value, and they also support group gameplay by allowing the creation of caches/droppoints.

i am sure most of us have thought about ways to 'fix' the tents, how tent mechanics should be adjusted, or whether or not they should be removed completely. i think the tent gameplay mechanic is a valuable addition to the game, it just need to be fixed and balanced.

• Like 1

tents arent working perfectly. yes, duping is a serious issue. but they bring an aspect of persistence to the game which is of real value, and they also support group gameplay by allowing the creation of caches/droppoints.

i am sure most of us have thought about ways to 'fix' the tents, how tent mechanics should be adjusted, or whether or not they should be removed completely. i think the tent gameplay mechanic is a valuable addition to the game, it just need to be fixed and balanced.

yes, but they dont belong in the game now in their curent stat, cause the tents dont work as intended.

Tents are bugged atm, but normal mechanics are that a tent despawns after a few days when the char that pitched it dies, unless somebody saves it again.

Just a shame that it is broken and abused for duping atm, plus the fact that some tents dont hold the loot and it just rerolls to an empty tent after restart...

• Like 1

Tents are bugged atm, but normal mechanics are that a tent despawns after a few days when the char that pitched it dies, unless somebody saves it again.

Just a shame that it is broken and abused for duping atm, plus the fact that some tents dont hold the loot and it just rerolls to an empty tent after restart...

Does any tent hold the items with out duping it?

The bugged tents realy destroy the hunting for items.

The current issue is most tents become duping factories.

Even if you empty them, save them and destroy them, they'll often respawn with the gear intact.

• Like 1

Tents are a boon for better players. It makes loosing top tier equipment less painful. Also it gives better players the freedom to dare to experiment more in-game, without fear of loosing it all. Even further, it makes it much easier for teams to cooperate by setting up camps. Without tents, there wouldn't be much point in having a camp or even team up. Again this makes the game much more interresting

Also, there's always a chance lower tier players can find a tent by chance. In fact, once I adopted a more tactical gameplay, and started understanding the mechanics of "the hunt" I also started to find a lot more tents. It also made the game more fun, as I could investigate the trail of better players, and maybe even hunt down bandits. Without any such clues, the game would be boring, and I might as well play COD.

vehicles can be destroyed or stolen, and doesnt dupe items like the tents?

errr no sorry

how they gonna fix the tent duping, if it isnt in game being tested?

yea tis annoying but tbh one of the things that drew me to this game was the idea of permafixtures and the possibilities of base building and/or occupying areas of the towns and cities soooo nooo sorry.

beside the dupe-issue and the fact that if player dies, he can be fully geared direct afterwords; why not change so you can only use the tents for "some" items like car-items and maybe ammo? you who tried to build av car from the bottom knows that the car-items fills up the whole inventory. if you cant stash food, water, weapons and "toolbeltgear" then you dont get any big adventage if you die. then you must confront players inside the citys after death and so on. without the "base-building" that the tents offer may a part of the game dissapear.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

• Like 1

so people prefer to play this game as a death match game using cheats?

I never see any people in the wilderness, their all at cherno and electro, and there is so many people using hax.

Hmm, tbh i really only see duping as the problem with tents, which is clearly a bug to be rid of.

So a player has spent dayz collecting stoof for his tent and dies only to return and gear up again, so what?

I understand the point of view that its giving someone an unfair starting point, but i really dont think its that much of a problem. There is always still a risk with setting up camps, wont always be there when ye get back.

I can say that im part of a large group, and a few of us specifically specialize in camp hunting. Dont assume that tents are a fool proof way to get your gear back. Ive raided MANY tents, ive had my tent raided, and ive turned up back at my camp for an ambush to be waiting in place in the same way ive scouted out other peoples camps and observed for activity.

I do understand what your saying, but i think a big part of the problems your highlighting is purely down to duping, which will only be fixed if its being tested in game :(

Hmm, tbh i really only see duping as the problem with tents, which is clearly a bug to be rid of.

So a player has spent dayz collecting stoof for his tent and dies only to return and gear up again, so what?

I understand the point of view that its giving someone an unfair starting point, but i really dont think its that much of a problem. There is always still a risk with setting up camps, wont always be there when ye get back.

I can say that im part of a large group, and a few of us specifically specialize in camp hunting. Dont assume that tents are a fool proof way to get your gear back. Ive raided MANY tents, ive had my tent raided, and ive turned up back at my camp for an ambush to be waiting in place in the same way ive scouted out other peoples camps and observed for activity.

I do understand what your saying, but i think a big part of the problems your highlighting is purely down to duping, which will only be fixed if its being tested in game :(

on my server there is at least 20 tents near the southern coast were you can find stuff like as50, range finder, nvg, mk48 ,m107, gillies etc. Thats only in the south, and some of those tents also has tents inside them, just incase some one needs to dupe items in another location. And new people run into the tents all the time taking the dupes and duping them other places. this is items a normal player would use many months to find,

indeed and thats a problem with duping, ie A BUG! not anything wrong with the actual idea of putting tents down and using them, but a bug that needs to be rid of.

one thing i hate about this forum is when people spin the bugs and hacking into suggestions, as if thats a type of gameplay that needs to be accepted and or worked around? Rather then it being a problem that WILL be irradicated if this is ever to be a succesful stand alone game.

the tents are bugged? yes, does that need fixing? yes, how will that happen? in game testing. should we remove an item based solely on a bug that is intended to be removed? errr? no?

• Like 1

indeed and thats a problem with duping, ie A BUG! not anything wrong with the actual idea of putting tents down and using them, but a bug that needs to be rid of.

one thing i hate about this forum is when people spin the bugs and hacking into suggestions, as if thats a type of gameplay that needs to be accepted and or worked around? Rather then it being a problem that WILL be irradicated if this is ever to be a succesful stand alone game.

the tents are bugged? yes, does that need fixing? yes, how will that happen? in game testing. should we remove an item based solely on a bug that is intended to be removed? errr? no?

if it can be fixed, sure man, i hope so. I was under the impresion that this could only be fixed once dayz is a stand alone game.

If they some how fix it tho, there will stil be tons of duped items in the game as reserve.

if it can be fixed, sure man, i hope so. I was under the impresion that this could only be fixed once dayz is a stand alone game.

If they some how fix it tho, there will stil be tons of duped items in the game as reserve.

yup that be a worth while problem, which is why ive also seen threads calling for complete server wipes on new updates :S

ill try n find ze thread/discussion to post but that probably will be neccessary when tent duping is fixed which is a shame on the legit peeps but tis also necessary.

i just hope theyll sort out the duping on one update, then give peeps plenty of advanced notice that there will be a server wipe on the following update.

not like peeps will be able to exploit this and save anything anyway, but will at least give them some notice.

Now what is the meaning of the game? i belive that every player got an ide for themself what their goal is. there will be hard to make everybody happy on this section. For some this game is about pvp and for some surviving against the nature. It becomes so clear now if we just look at the "tent-question" because if we got it your way it will affect other players that dont play the game for straight pvp and verse versa. The big question we need to answer is: Whats the meaning of the game? Is it for pvp ore pve? Yes its a sandboxgame, but like the mod is now you are forced to play it for pvp. you simply dont have any other choise cause the game provides a easier way to play the game if you play it pvp. If they remove the tents you need to coop more and then the social game come into the picture. If we got the tents how it is today, then you evade players until you reached your tent and regeared yourself. See, there is a big difference and i dont say that one way is better then the other. it´s more a question about the meaning of the game in the end,

Tents are a boon for everybody. It makes loosing top tier equipment less painful. Also it gives everybody the freedom to dare to experiment more in-game, without fear of loosing it all. Even further, it makes it much easier for teams to cooperate by setting up camps.

FTFY.

Without tents, there wouldn't be much point in having a camp or even team up. Again this makes the game much more interresting

Because if you can only carry a certain amount of loot, you would be less motivated to work together? Most likely one player would be your pack mule, one player your heavy gunner, one your medic, one your sniper. It would actually encourage team play since dying would have higher consequences and you would need a team to hold ground and guard your loot.

You just made an impassioned argument against permadeath in a game where permadeath is the entire point. That's really what this comes down to. You don't want to suffer the consequences of dying so you use tents so you don't have to. And, also, new players shouldn't have to scavenge for loot because that's just not fun?

I might as well play COD.

So if this game isn't enough like CoD you'll give up and go play CoD instead? At least it's clear where you stand.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1

I understand vehicles dont work with this idea, but its just a basic idea atm(i'm more in favor of the items inside tents/vehicles despawning when u die, as opposed to removing them completely, tho with duping id be ok with tents being gone till it was fixed). Dunno if its possible, but tie items stored in a vehicle/tent to the players GUID and have them despawn when the hive reads that they died.

Tents have nothing to do with being a better player. The idea of this game, in my mind, is that dying is the worst possible thing to happen to you. The point of getting all that top tier loot should make you not want to die more than the fresh spawn with a hatchet and some road flares.

You can still setup camps, but it would make it even more of a challenge knowing that all the hard work you put in is gone if you run into cherno/elektro to snipe fresh spawns, without a care of losing your gear, because you can run back to your tent and restock. And the "better players" will be the ones that can stay alive, not the ones that spend hours loot cycling, server hopping, or duping items.

Finding other players tents would be even more interesting, knowing that you just fucked them over by taking all that shit they worked for.

Another thing this does, is prevent the flood of top tier items into the game. If they never disapear then eventually there will be way too many of them in the world, and will lose the rarity that is suposed to be associated with them.

tbh, the fact that when you die, you can have all the top gear in the amount of time it takes you to run back to your tent is more like COD than the way I think DayZ should be. Oh I died? Doesnt matter I "leveled and unlocked my guns, or perks or w/e they are called" I'll have them when I respawn.

Edited by Kentii
  • Like 3

Now what is the meaning of the game? i belive that every player got an ide for themself what their goal is. there will be hard to make everybody happy on this section. For some this game is about pvp and for some surviving against the nature. It becomes so clear now if we just look at the "tent-question" because if we got it your way it will affect other players that dont play the game for straight pvp and verse versa. The big question we need to answer is: Whats the meaning of the game? Is it for pvp ore pve? Yes its a sandboxgame, but like the mod is now you are forced to play it for pvp. you simply dont have any other choise cause the game provides a easier way to play the game if you play it pvp. If they remove the tents you need to coop more and then the social game come into the picture. If we got the tents how it is today, then you evade players until you reached your tent and regeared yourself. See, there is a big difference and i dont say that one way is better then the other. it´s more a question about the meaning of the game in the end,

NOT at all, most of the killing goes on in electro and cherno and other built up towns/favourable spawn areas, ie areas devoid of tents, you would have to have less then an iota of intelligence to set up a permanent camp near by electro or cherno and expect it to last. I have no idea why removing the tents would have any impact on these areas at all?

Further, in order to adequetly stock and keep safe tents and camps, requires more people, so in my opinion they actual promote team play rather than quash it.

Removing the notion of duping, in order to stock pile your tent with the BEST equipment, requires weeks/months (as mentioned by a previous poster but very true) of gameplay.

If you can set up a tent which remains undisturbed for months, as well as acquiring a complete replacement gear, set up with all the best items, then fair play!!!

• Like 1