Sign in to follow this  
theg481

Ability to have a bath

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should washing be in the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. How should zombie's react when you smell.

• Zombies start walking towards you.
    • Your hearing bar would raise so you its easier for zombies to hear you.
    • Your sighting bar would raise so its easier for zombies to see you.
    • Something else: Leave a comment below.

Hello everyone of the forum.

DayZ is about reality, so what about a new NEEDED ability (like Drinking, or Eating)?.

There simply will be a smell meter, and when its all green then you will see fly's around you and get a green color around you. When you have this then zombies start walking towards you (becouse they sense your smell) and eventually when they are so close that they can see you (depends on Crouching / Walking / Proning), then they will start running just like they usually do.

If you would like to remove your smell, then you would have to go to a water spot (examples: Sea, Lakes). When you are there all you have to do is Scroll with your mousewheel and then you will see a new option called: "Wash yourself". When you select it then you will start washing for like 20 seconds, and then your bar is fully ??white??.

If you would like to give your opinion, please comment it below.

I think this would be a push towards something like Sims with guns. Besides if you're clean as a whistle doesn't that attract more zombies than being dirty, since them zombies don't tend to bathe?

ed. Atleast what comes to the TV propaganda about zombies. Like in The Walking Dead when they smear eachother in zombie intestines and walk through a horde.

Edited by Cobra-Kai

Maybe the zombies should be attracted to someone smelling good? instead of when you smell really really bad, but you cant just keep smelling bad because you will get sick or something along those lines.

Think about it zombies are dead and rotting they already smell horrible, so maybe when you are clean you smell fresh and the zombies are attracted to that since its food :)

just something else to think about

• Like 1

I don't think washing ALONE should be in the game, i'd say it could rather be a Hygiene meter. Brushing your teeth makes it go up a little, washing near a well it should go up medium and bathing in a bathtub, shower or pond should top it off. Zomies should react by guided towards your overall position and players should hear flies just like with the dead bodies.

Maybe you just took a shit or smell like shit (lol) and your walking in some highly infested area, the zombies smell you and start raging and just look randomly for you with a certain screech like "WTF IS THAT SMELL" rofl

Oh come on, average lifetime - 49 minutes. These players starting to smell right before they're get a bullet :)

Edited by AssClown

I like ideas like hygiene etc, but i think they should follow a natural timescale, so it only really makes the game harder for long lived characters.

I do agree to some extent.. I've just ran up to 10 kms, sprinting nearly the whole way, I'm gonna smell pretty sweaty, without necessarily smelling terrible yet.. It would be cool to see zombies wander towards that maybe, but if you spent 10 mins cooling off before going into town, I think that's enough.. Bathing just seems unnecessary for me, but as I said before, I do like the idea of having to take care of hygiene (only if it was done well) cos that is a valid risk associated with zombie survival..

Edit: Perhaps if it was only necessary to bathe once every 3-4 days I could deal with it.. Unless they went so hardcore I could get the runs from not washing my hands before I eat beans.

Edited by Haplo

this mechanic is already implemented in the game. simply walk your ass to a lake, splash around and have yourself a nice bath. then pick your roleplaying self up and get on with your adventure.

would you like keybinds for breathing in and out as well? how about a minigame for opening your can of beans? an active-reload-esque system for drinking cans of soda without choking? a chance to spawn with less than 20/20 vision, rendering your screen blurry for the rest of your characters life (good luck finding an optometrist operating in Cherno)?

Maybe being a stinky bastard draws flies. So, maybe zombies hear it and smell it thinking you're a dead body... maybe players hear flies and think. "Some filthy SOB is looting my tent!"

Voted somthing else:

Maybe it makes you sick, antibotics seem to have practically fuck all for them, I run in the rain for ages and not once have I heard my character(s) cough.