ZekkCC (DayZ)

What I don't get about BattleEye and Hackers

What I don't understand is why can't the people at BattleEye create some sort of injected script that searches for people using scripts and kicks/bans them from servers while retrieving their information for a global ban. Is it that this isn't possible (I know nothing about any of this) or just that they don't spend the resources on manpower to physically do that. Not cost effective and all that.

As soon as this is implemented the hacks will be updated to work around it, that's the nature of the game.

• Like 1

Well i have seen a many it times a hacker connecting a server and he gets "banned" but after a while its seems that he's retrying connection until they succefully connect, something about buffer-overflow? Asuming that they get on server and play for 10-15mins before they get kicked they spawn stuff for their "non-hacking" account vehicles/equipment/anything what you can imagine.. or in worst scenario they use mass-destruction weapons or something other nasty things.'

Its a theory.

As soon as this is implemented the hacks will be updated to work around it, that's the nature of the game.

This....

The Arma 2 engine is not very secure... to say the least. Everything BattleEye is doing is more or less a band-aid fix because fixing the root of the problem (the scripting engine and how the server gives so much trust to the client) would take a tremendous amount of time and is not very practical at this point. BattleEye will get things under control to an extent, but you're always going to have hacks in this game as long as the engine stays the same.

battleye = paper towel fix for server side.

arma 2 engine = massive oozing blood from chest, stomach, arms, legs, and head of open code available to client side.

The quick fix is to adopt remote execution detection and prevention on the server side. A command like TP'ing doesn't go straight to each client - it goes through the server first. I think DayZ's popularity as a mod has warranted this work by BI specifically for the mod (or any other that may happen to get popular in the future).