Sign in to follow this  
Yukimare

stoping item hording outside the map

well, as most of us know, some players have taken a liking into hording items such as vehicles and tents outside the map, where no zombies and most players wont be able to get to due to the inability to spawn and (often) player luck, and according to a mechima, rocket is trying to put a end to such activity, this kinda gave me a idea

... why don't we put obsticals around / wall in the map?

the idea is that around the boundrys of the map, obsticals such as rocks and dense forest (dense enough players cant pass through) and possibly, military built walls made to contain the infection, this will help in keeping players in the map instead of exploiting the outer area of the map

as for the man-made walls, i had 2 ideas for them

1.) they are unmanned, possibly overrun, but the doors and gates are stuck, locking players inside (could be used to tease players about a map expansion that may come soon when a NPC survivor blasts the doors open, clearing the way)

2.) they could be manned by military personal, and become a bit of a death trap for those that get too close, as they will open fire if they see zombies... or possible infected survivors (could be used if players start finding a loophole in the wall, as the soldiers can keep players from getting close enough to exploit the hole and escape), as for why the soldiers are there, they could be waiting for orders to withdraw from the area and allow the area to be nuked, but the government doesn't appear to be giving the order anytime soon... if ever

that is just my idea, you, however are welcome to say your opinion or even suggest a addition to it

• Like 1

You can't put tents/vehicles outside the map boundaries any more, they wipe on server restart. It's been that way for a while now, just to be clear the map boundary is the black line, where all grass, trees, shrubs stop, past that line are the debug plains

I dont mind your ideas about a wall etc though, could add to the narrative, alternatively they could just have more ocean/beaches up that way

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

I think automatic turrets that require M249 rounds, scrap metal, MK48 Mod, and Jerry can's (and generator if he ever puts them in.) should implement some sort of base defenses. influenced by LoS and distance. Have no hearing but rely on visual relay with a Cone area. Max distance of 150m should suffice with a 50 degree cone spread view.

You can't put tents/vehicles outside the map boundaries any more, they wipe on server restart. It's been that way for a while now

i think theres been quite a few reports that this is not working atm

He should place a script that deletes everything after a countdown of 30 seconds if it is placed outside the map.

I think automatic turrets that require M249 rounds, scrap metal, MK48 Mod, and Jerry can's (and generator if he ever puts them in.) should implement some sort of base defenses. influenced by LoS and distance. Have no hearing but rely on visual relay with a Cone area. Max distance of 150m should suffice with a 50 degree cone spread view.

uhh.... did you post on the wrong thread, this is about keeping players from leaving the map and exploiting the outside, not about automatic sentry guns

uhh.... did you post on the wrong thread, this is about keeping players from leaving the map and exploiting the outside, not about automatic sentry guns

He also requested other ways to kill people who get to close to the edge of the map, including to kill people. I think any walls/systems should be built, made, and maintained.

He also requested other ways to kill people who get to close to the edge of the map, including to kill people. I think any walls/systems should be built, made, and maintained.

that.... i ment solders patrolling the wall and opening fire on those that come too close, not machinery like you find in halo, i highly doubt in the real world, someone has made a sentry gun that operates on its own, besides, if the wall was overran, the sentry guns most likely will be deactivated and destroyed beyond repair due to the lack of power and maintenance

that.... i ment solders patrolling the wall and opening fire on those that come too close, not machinery like you find in halo, i highly doubt in the real world, someone has made a sentry gun that operates on its own, besides, if the wall was overran, the sentry guns most likely will be deactivated and destroyed beyond repair due to the lack of power and maintenance

Rocket has said he wants generators, underground bunkers, storage's, lights, radios, ect ect all user obtained and up-kept on their own. Its very easy to think of similar ideas and consider them, even if done by other individuals.

Is it unlikely? Sure, Most definitely. Noone said it was like Halo. I don't know why you compared it to that when everything I listed was found in game or previous suggested by Rocket himself. Mix-matching and combining items is fun and should be encouraged, even if you disagree with what they propose.

You never know what's going to happen next in this mod.