lukeman3000

Does anyone else have extreme FPS drops in cities?

I can average anywhere from 40-60fps anywhere BUT cities -- when I look at a city it drops down to 25-30 average FPS. Setting everything to "very low", the highest I can get it is maybe 35 on average.

Anyways, I'm sure there's myriad threads on this issue but maybe the more that crop up, the more precendence this will take. I'm hoping that Day Z will see a skyrim-esque FPS improvement -- I remember that in Whiterun my FPS was around 30, and after one specific update, it almost doubled!

I'm hoping to see optimization like this happen for Day Z. Are my hopes misplaced?

Also, for reference, here's my system:

intel i7 930 @ 2.8GHz

2x GTX 470 SLI

12GB DDR3 RAM

I get pretty decent FPS everywhere even on high/very high (40-50 average), but it drops pretty substantially in cities. All I have to do to increase it is look away from the city lol.

Edited by lukeman3000

sometimes mine drops at a city, but mostly i get the video artifacts when going to nwaf or berz everytime

Started happening to me a lot more than usual recently. I look away from any group of buildings my fps goes to about 50 and then i look at the buildings it drops to 20. God forbig i go in the town then it hits 9 or 10 sometimes...

sometimes mine drops at a city, but mostly i get the video artifacts when going to nwaf or berz everytime

Restart the game completely, that means pressing abort at the main menu and turning it back on.

I can average anywhere from 40-60fps anywhere BUT cities -- when I look at a city it drops down to 25-30 average FPS. Setting everything to "very low", the highest I can get it is maybe 35 on average.

Anyways, I'm sure there's myriad threads on this issue but maybe the more that crop up, the more precendence this will take. I'm hoping that Day Z will see a skyrim-esque FPS improvement -- I remember that in Whiterun my FPS was around 30, and after one specific update, it almost doubled!

I'm hoping to see optimization like this happen for Day Z. Are my hopes misplaced?

Also, for reference, here's my system:

intel i7 930 @ 2.8GHz

2x GTX 470 SLI

12GB DDR3 RAM

I get pretty decent FPS everywhere even on high/very high (40-50 average), but it drops pretty substantially in cities. All I have to do to increase it is look away from the city lol.

Towns have a lot of loot as well as a lot of zombies and high textured buildings. All of which eats up PC resources.