• Revolver
    • G17
    • M9
    • M9SD
    • PDW
    • Flashlight
    • Military Flashlight
    • I don't need a sidearm

I just found a PDW, and it's arguably one of the best guns in the game, because it accepts any type of military pistol ammo, as well as MP5 ammo. Just my opinion. What do you think is the best secondary weapon?

EDIT: I had an M9SD, but finding ammo for it is a bitch, so I dropped it for a PDW.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I personally dont like pistols so i perfer the Flashlight. :D

For an actual weapon, I like the M1911.

It's the PDW for me. I prefer to use a sidearm for clearing out Zs, but I also like to keep out a powerful weapon for dealing with enemy players. The PDW strikes a respectable balance between the two in the form of the best SMG in the game. One that fits in the sidearm slot.

Edited by amaROenuZ
  • Like 1

After the pistol nerf, they're all pretty well useless against players.

So all i really care about is noise level considering you gotta headshot with every sidearm now anyways.

So makarov (low noise, ammo EVERYWHERE) until i can find an M9SD

Easy choice for me G17. reason? simple most clips in a mag beside pdw but aim down sight for that gun is bad, all u need is a pistol to kill zombies so less reloading leads more shooting. i rekn every1 should give it a go and as a bonus it takes m9 mags too so there a bit more flexibility with it too <3

• Like 1

PDW. Uses mags from four different guns (six including silenced variations). Especially excellent if you have an M203 as you can load up on MP5 mags and save your secondary ammo slots for M203 nades.

1911/revolver until they fix the infinite ammo glitch. When that gets dealt with, I'm going back to the Glock.

Edited by RaysGoodLiquor

M9SD, lets me keep a good PvP weapon in primary. Mak or Glock otherwise. Not a fan of the PDWs distinct sound, M1911 and Revolver have to low ammo count.

M9SD wins for me, with M1911 just a few steps behind, but certainly no chance of winning.

The M9SD is your quick solution to dispatching zombies with minimum risk of attracting players or other zombies to your whereabouts. I often prioritise range and power in my primary weapon slot. I find it very important to have a supressed weapon handy too. Unless I can aquire an M9SD I will lose a lot of backpack space to a whole extra primary weapon without taking advantage of the 8 pistol-ammo/bandage slots for my supressed weapon. Furthermore I'll be in a panic trying to save as much blood as possible before I can finally get my supressedweapon out if I'm aggroed.

The M9SD fixes ALL of that.

The usefulness of the M1911 boils down to some very basic points. The ammo is easy to aquire. Its power per shot is very respectable when put against a lot of other weapons that fill the slot. The audible range to zombies makes it more comfortable to fire.

I had a PDW once. Except for the plus of being fully-automatic and using a diverse range of ammo, it is overall disappointing. The latter point even had a negative side for me in one case. I once had the fortune to aquire an MP5 while already holding a PDW. Therefore I wanted to swap my PDW for an M1911. I dropped the PDW and it didn't appear on the floor. As with any other weapon it also auto-dropped the ammo that it used, which included my MP5 mags... which also didn't appear on the floor. I was effectively left with an M1911 with 2 mags and an unusable MP5. It would've also been a catastrophe if the secondary I wanted to switch it with was also the M9, M9SD or the G17. I'm leaving this gun the hell alone. Full-auto offers little over semi-auto here.

• Like 1

M9SD is pants as it is so inaccurate and the ammo is rare. At the moment, in a world of duping I can live with it, but when that is fixed it will be a pain in the arse gun for sure. Even headshotting at 25m is a hit and miss affair, so you'll get through that rare ammo in no time.

The G17 is at the other end of the scale. Quiet enough not to attract too many local infected, super accurate, head shots at 50m means you don't use up too much ammo and you can stay on the edge of the Zeds' hearing capability too.

The built in flashlight is a bully bonus too.

i also like the pdw. before the pistol nerf i considered all 9mm pistols to be garbage aside from the m9sd, but now that headshots matter again i have found that the ammunition variety that the pdw accepts is really fantastic. you always have a deep magazine, and there is a full auto option for those few cases where you have to engage multiple zeds in the open and just want to drop them quickly with torso shots.

the downside to the pdw is the awful, awful sight picture. it really sucks.

the m9sd is really the only other pistol that is comparable, but as you said, ammo is a problem for it. if i have a reasonable amount of ammunition, then i'll go m9sd all day, just to not alert players that i am around. realistically, however, it's rare to have enough m9sd ammo.

i just wish you could keep your hatchet as a secondary weapon instead of a pistol.

Ideally M9SD, as nearly every time I find my self using a pistol it's very close and every bit of a "shush" matters to me.

In a practical sense, I'd say anything that I can find ammo for.. the G17 has decent sights, big mags, and a built in light. The ammo is much more common than the SD, whats the point of a gun that you can't shoot? Plus, as said before, the g17 isn't to loud.

In a perfect world where ammo isn't a issue. SD.

In a privileged world the G17 is a solid sidearm.

In the real world?...Anything I can feed ammo and kill with. Beggars can't be choosers.

I prefer the g17, imo the sight picture on it is the best of the pistols, and the attached flashlight is helpfull when you don't have a NVG yet

• Like 1

After the pistol nerf, they're all pretty well useless against players.

So all i really care about is noise level considering you gotta headshot with every sidearm now anyways.

So makarov (low noise, ammo EVERYWHERE) until i can find an M9SD

this

M9SD. Since pistols are bad at dealing with players and only good for dealing with Zombies. I think its the best choice for alot of players who loot towns and for PvPers who camp. M9SD allows you to loot alot quicker by just picking off those Zombies that are in the way.

As long as ammo isn't a hindrance, the M9SD is the best. However, considering how scarce ammo is for it, I'd probably not pick it up at all, or I might pick it up, but then simply discard it once I run out of ammo.

Otherwise I favour the low noise weapons, like the super-humble Makarov, as I mainly use my sidearm to kill zeds with headshots. However, now that the sidearms are so heavily nerfed, I'm actually beginning to like the M1911 again, as it takes less bullets to the body to kill a zed in a crisis situation a.k.a. a situation where you're cornered and do not have the time to aim for the head. This has saved my life once or twice.

On the other hand, if I don't yet have a main weapon, I tend to stick with my hatchet, as I consider it the safest zed defence in the game. After all, main weapons are mostly for defence against other players anyway, and none of them are really good against zed, except maybe for the MP5SD.

The PDW is the only sidearm with player defence capability, IMO. Also, ammo is relatively plentyful. Once you have it, you have the option to drop your MP5 and instead look for a better main weapon, as the MP5 is only a glorified PDW anyway. Sure, it's not as good, but once you carry a better main weapon, and consider that it's like having a "mini-MP5" in your sidearm slot, that argument is moot.

I would have said 1911 a few weeks back, but since it no longer one shots (not complaining) it might as well be a makarov... So, I picked Makarov due to insanely high ammo drops. PDW is nice due to common ammo, but I swear whenever I find one, I never find the appropriate ammo... Just bad luck on my end I guess....

You know, the Makarov has really grown on me recently. The sound is great, ammo is practically unlimited and the sights are quite good. In real life, I love the 1911 but in game, the sights are just garbage. Anyone else hate the 1911 sights?