Sign in to follow this  
Outypoo

Why punish bandits?

It seems many of the people on this forum who constantly complain about bandits have forced Rocket to act, now giving bandits completely out of place headscarfs as if a bandit thought "Oh, I know let's mark myself to get killed by people, to let them know I'm a Bandit so they can shoot me and make it "fair""

So why do people want to punish bandits, they are a part of the game and should be treated as such.

Maybe Bandits don't like survivors, and they should wear some pointy dunce hat so bandits can snipe them from further away.

My point is, being neither a Survivor nor Bandit I think both "Factions" as I think they are should be treated equally and not forced to don some silly little hat.

• Like 6

Yeah I never cared for the towel head givin' to bandits...

I guess i could care less though, and will continue to play DayZ without caring about this. How many murders does it take again? Not everyone with the bandit towel is even a "bandit", so doesn't make a huge difference.

To be honest I see no difference.

Even with the scarf thing, it's pretty much KOS still. At least in my experience.

A bandit making a QQ post about bandit skins making peeps want to shoot them because of the bandit skin. Ummm.....

• Like 13

A bandit making a QQ post about bandit skins making peeps want to shoot them because of the bandit skin. Ummm.....

A QQ post? When did I say I was a bandit.

I'm a Regulator and being me I shoot bandits on site, but the inequality that is giving bandits apparel is stupid.

This post is about survivors making "QQ posts".

Soooo you shoot bandits on sight but you're crying about bandit skins that help you spot bandits? Ummmm....

Soooo you shoot bandits on sight but you're crying about bandit skins that help you spot bandits? Ummmm....

When did I say I was crying? And you are by far the worst troll in existence.

And I don't like the fact It singles out bandits, It's unrealistic for a mod that wants to be very "Authentic"

First we wanted bandit skins back, now we're angry about them back (even if the bandit skin is lacking compared to the hero skin). The DayZ population will never be pleased..

When did I say I was crying? And you are by far the worst troll in existence.

And I don't like the fact It singles out bandits, It's unrealistic for a mod that wants to be very "Authentic"

Actually to be fair it was me saying you were crying not you and ummm bandit's that can't handle having a skin that makes them more of a target ummm maybe shouldn't become bandits?

• Like 1

First we wanted bandit skins back, now we're angry about them back (even if the bandit skin is lacking compared to the hero skin). The DayZ population will never be pleased..

I want the bandit SKIN back, not just a random fucking headscarf.

How is the bandit punished? Aside from ghillie and camo, the towel head doesn't really add or subtract the ability to spot the bandit. If the people want the bandit skin back, where is the matching survivor/hero skin that also makes them hard to detect. As a bandit, your instantly rewarded days of loot in one headshot. As a survivor . . . . what do you get? If anything the game makes it easier to be a bandit.

• Like 2

Because survivors are punished every single fucking time they don't shoot someone on sight, because that person is going to kill them just to be a cunt.

That's why bandits are punished. Because survivors are.

• Like 1

Because survivors are punished every single fucking time they don't shoot someone on sight, because that person is going to kill them just to be a cunt.

That's why bandits are punished. Because survivors are.

I share your hatred for bandits, but I can't stress this enough that they are part of the game.

Thus they should stop focusing on shitty headscarfs and focus on making the game playable with all the duping and such.

• Like 1

I share your hatred for bandits, but I can't stress this enough that they are part of the game.

Thus they should stop focusing on shitty headscarfs and focus on making the game playable with all the duping and such.

Right now bandits are pretty much the only social aspect of the game unless you play with people you know, lord knows I only play with people I know with the game as it currently is. If you turn your back on anyone with so much as a hatchet right now you're retarded.

The partial rebirth of the bandit skin is just an attempt at some balance, there's room for both legitimate parts of the game.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

I want the bandit SKIN back, not just a random fucking headscarf.

Me too, it's kind of lame bandits get a head wrap added to the regular survivor outfit, whereas "Heroes" get a new shirt, hat, jeans, new vest, kneepads. and a scarf.

Actually to be fair it was me saying you were crying not you and ummm bandit's that can't handle having a skin that makes them more of a target ummm maybe shouldn't become bandits?

I swear to god can you make ONE post without saying, "ummmm"? It's annoying, you're trying to be cool, trying to troll, trying to flaunt a point that is already said in your normal words. But no, you have to add "ummmm" to everything to make you feel special and I bet you think people will somehow like you for doing that. Either that or you just talk annoyingly as hell all the time. Stop it.

And I'm not picking sides here XD I hate bandits. I just hate the anti-bandits that make anti-bandits look like fucking retards like this kid.

• Like 1

Wow, an unbiased opinion about bandit skins, by a "non-bandit."

Touche, sir!

Basically, OP is correct.

I personally feel the visual queue is a joke and placation to carebears.

How is that visual queue working out for you, crybabies? Good I hope. I have been having a blast killing everything that thinks they can test me because of my garb.

P.S. I usually killed everything that came into my LoS, anyway.

They have never been threated equally that's the point. The bandit always had advantage over survivor. Still do.

Edited by SillySil

They have never been threated equally that's the point. The bandit always had advantage over survivor. Still do.

The only reason for this, is because they are a better players. So, let's mark them for distance visual queues, right?

If the carebears had their way, the bandits would glow bright pink and be stuck in a prone position after taking shots. Also, once they hit one of the carebears, it would be reverse damage, because how dare we ruin their fun.

=/

Do you see the slippery slope? I hope so.