Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Make the AS50 the new starter gun + remove other sniper rifles

Also a 200 round belt AS50 to also get rid of the SAW too. :)

Now you're using the old noodle. But we're missing something. What we really need to round out the arsenal is a rocket launcher, one that uses your primary slot instead of replacing your backpack, because, seriously, PVPers need to carry stuff too. Anyways, you shoot the rocket, and it flies up into the air like a SMAW, except when it reaches its apex it detonates into submunitions consisting of AS50s loaded with explosive rounds, that fire semi-intelligently at random targets until they hit the ground and themselves explode.

• Like 1

Why not make the satchel charges replace the backpack then? Also, you could add an AS50 with heat-seaking incendiary rounds that set everything on fire within 225 sq km radius!

Edited by turkeybacon

Because it isn't freaking huge, for one. and it isn't as easily deployed as the RL\AS

Edited by fresh

M24 is still my favorite sniper rifle in the game. It just looks pro. I mean, I'm not going to lie.. I use an AS50 just for it's effectiveness. However, lately I've swapped back to an M24 just because it requires a headshot to be deadly, so it makes me hone my skills more and I HAVE to get a headshot if I want to get a kill(since most will ALT F4). I prefer the challenge rather than going "Oh, he's 700m away.. I don't have to adjust my height any because as long as it hits, he's dead". It takes very little skill beyond point & click to get kills with a .50. At least with the M107, it has such a massive recoil that you cannot see where your bullet splashes in a lot of cases.

We're also going to need a full-auto bullpup version of the AS50, as well as an AS50 with night optics only. THEN, AND ONLY THEN... will I be satisfied.

• Like 1

We're also going to need a full-auto bullpup version of the AS50, as well as an AS50 with night optics only. THEN, AND ONLY THEN... will I be satisfied.

Google Barret XM500.

Wait, what about melee?

How about an AS50 with a bayonet. I'd call it the AS Spear 50 (ASS50).

That's not just realistic it's ultra realistic.

I agree! Trolling idiots is fun!

That said, this is a good point. Too much high grade military gear and far too common.

When dogs are introduced, they should be able to use AS50s and cover you when entering towns.

2yy9miq.png

• Like 6

Wait, what about melee?

How about an AS50 with a bayonet. I'd call it the AS Spear 50 (ASS50).

That's not just realistic it's ultra realistic.

No wait!!!!

Instead of ejecting spent casings, it ejects cans of beans and pasta and coke! (ASS50BPC)

just have been sniped once (CHERNO INFRONT OF THE FIRESTATION :) )

but

i think if you carry one you shouldnt be able to run/sprint and only can use the smallest backpack or pouche vest.

I partly disagree with OP

I think spawner are already way to good geared

they should start with nothing

But yea there r way to few AS50s

I think you should get an extra AS50 after every TWO AS50 kills!!

Edited by Magicool

Because it isn't freaking huge, for one. and it isn't as easily deployed as the RL\AS

The AS50 weighs 27 pounds. The M136 rocket launcher weighs 14 pounds. Clearly we should be able to dual-wield rocket launchers in our primary slots.

Also, maybe an AS50 that fires satchel charges attached to its bullets? I think we need to make sure that players can't keep outrunning rifle rounds. It's so unrealistic.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 2

Pipe down, no one mentioned your mom. I for one think his suggestion doesn't go too far enough. Why are there even makarov's? Couldn't you just make snubnose AS50's? And seriously, winchester? Dinnerbell? Please. AS50 with Iron Sights. M14 and M4? Nuh uh buddy. AS50 with Holographic sights. And naturally, the L85 AWS should be replaced with the AS50 thermal.

You forgot sawn off AS50s and possibly some kind of belt fed AS50 with full auto fire and a 100 round magazine.

Make the AS50 replace the backpack, like the rocket launcher does. It is after all an antimaterial rifle.

That is the first good idea I've seen so far. Kudos to you, sir.

By the way, I use m24. I'd give up an as50 any day for an m24.

AS50 should be able to aim and shoot itself. That way it can play the game for you while you take the war to the forums.

Make the AS50 replace the backpack, like the rocket launcher does. It is after all an antimaterial rifle.

This is a great idea, and makes total sense. Beans for you sir.