Sign in to follow this  
mikecjordan@hotmail.co.uk

Ghillie suit - easy come, easy go.

So I was waiting for a friend to log in, planned to meet at the docks in Cherno. After about 10 minutes of waiting for him to reach my position, I decided to have a quick look in the nearest residential to see if there was any food or drink (as I had just spawned so had nothing). Saw a package on the floor, and it's a ghillie. After 10 minutes of creating my character, the first item I aquire before even getting water, ends up being a ghillie suit!

So I am quite happy about my find, considering the chances of that happening being extremely low. We get some gear and have a wander around for about an hour, when I decide it's time for some food, so I log out on a hill out of sight. Upon logging back in, I run straight into the nearest barn with hopes of atleast getting a CZ. No joy, so I grab the enfield and fill out my remaining slots with ammo. I go to walk down the stairs, only for my leg to break and an artery to rupture (assumingly). But wait, no bandage, no morphine. SCHOOL BOY ERROR!

By this point my friend has already logged out, so I start crawling to the treeline for the inevitable death that is slowly approaching, with plans to come and recover the suit when I respawn. After a long crawl of desperation and 11,000 blood later, I open my pack to swap out the clothing back to civilian so I can loot my body once I respawn. Oh wait, I just replaced it with 10 enfield rounds.

I bleed to death, drowning in my own self pity and intense feelings of regret.

Easy come, easy go. But just so those stairs know, I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for objects like you. If you let my ghillie suit go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Like 21

Man I feel like a jerk. Me and my buddies frequent the same servers, and know where most of the admin camps are; so ghillies are pretty common to me. I'd give you one if I could!

Man I feel like a jerk. Me and my buddies frequent the same servers, and know where most of the admin camps are; so ghillies are pretty common to me. I'd give you one if I could!

It's the thought that counts :P At least I have finally experienced what it's like to have one. The hunt is on for a replacement!

im pretty sure you could have just logged out and waited for your friend to come and help you (or ask for help in the survivor HQ medic thread, they are a bunch of awesome guys/gals)

You know...I have been playing ArmA and ArmA 2 for YEARS and almost every day...I have never had a door or stairs or random tree ever harm me at all.

You know...I have been playing ArmA and ArmA 2 for YEARS and almost every day...I have never had a door or stairs or random tree ever harm me at all.

Answer me this, then :

Were you ever near a door, stairs or a random tree?

No lying.

im pretty sure you could have just logged out and waited for your friend to come and help you (or ask for help in the survivor HQ medic thread, they are a bunch of awesome guys/gals)

I was going to, but I like to play ball. If I had gone through more effort to find the suit then maybe I would have done that :)

Plus I just wanted to play, couldn't be axed to wait around !

Edited by Atreyu

I got killed yesterday and i respawned in the wildeness (that is the end of the map west of kamenka). I went into the town and got a makarov, in one of those orange houses with tho exits. Feeling myself more prepared i decided to venture into one of those dark wood dwellings with one little entrances, thinking i'd get some bandages/drink. And there i found it, liitle flat cardboard package, with a ghillie suit in.

First time myself i find one so quickly.

I got killed yesterday and i respawned in the wildeness (that is the end of the map west of kamenka). I went into the town and got a makarov, in one of those orange houses with tho exits. Feeling myself more prepared i decided to venture into one of those dark wood dwellings with one little entrances, thinking i'd get some bandages/drink. And there i found it, liitle flat cardboard package, with a ghillie suit in.

First time myself i find one so quickly.

Steer away from any stairs you come across on your travels!

Only time I've ever found a ghillie suit was after I'd lost my pack to the debug forest, so I had no-where to put it.

My pockets were being used for ammo, food, drink and meds. A suit seemed a bit of a luxury at the time (I was in Electro).

My bud and I had stumbled for the first time upon the concrete construction site east of Cherno, and were clearing it floor by floor to make sure our new home was safe before we logged for the night. We're going up to third deck when we both hear a cracking noise and my bud loses ~4000 blood and goes down on the floor from borkded legs. We're freaking out over comms wondering, "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?" and scrambling for cover/scanning desperately for snipers.

In hindsight, it may have just been him crawling up the fucking stairs. >.> Good cliffhanger to a night's episode though; put a med run into cherno on the next day's agenda.

My bud and I had stumbled for the first time upon the concrete construction site east of Cherno, and were clearing it floor by floor to make sure our new home was safe before we logged for the night. We're going up to third deck when we both hear a cracking noise and my bud loses ~4000 blood and goes down on the floor from borkded legs. We're freaking out over comms wondering, "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?" and scrambling for cover/scanning desperately for snipers.

In hindsight, it may have just been him crawling up the fucking stairs. >.> Good cliffhanger to a night's episode though; put a med run into cherno on the next day's agenda.