fosty99

Tent Duplication

I don't really want to post this as I believe others will abuse it, but I guess it will get ignored if I PM it to someone in charge.

Date/Time: May 29, 2am or something

What happened: Another player I was speaking to on Teamspeak said that he discovered a bug that duplicates tents. He was spamming "Place tent" because he couldn't seem to place his tent anywhere, and then all of a sudden 50 tents in their packed up state appeared on the ground.

Where you were: Teamspeak

What you were doing: Talking

Current installed version: 1.6.0.1 (or whatever it is)

• Like 1

This keeps being true in 1.7.0.

What happened: duplicated tent item

Where you were: Bra1 server

What you were doing: walking with the inventory open and spamming the "place tent" button so I could place a tent. When the animation of placing a tent starts and you press "place tent again" the item is duplicated.

This happened to me today, i was trying to put down a tent and then it got duplicated in my inventory, now i can drop infinity tents, and cant get the slots back.

What happened: I was trying to place a tent.

Where you were: In an open field.

What you were doing: Searching for a spot to pitch a tent.

*Current installed version: 1.7.0 Beta Patch 93701

*Server(s) you were on: US 48 (v1.7.0) Beta 93701 (Veteran).

*Timeline of events before/after error: I got a tent, run for about 2 hours and then I tried to pitch one (got 2 in my Backpack). Then it got duplicated in my inventory and now i cant drop it anymore (If i drop it then a new one remains in my invetory).

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/2mEEw.jpg

Quick Update on this: I finally able to remove it from my inventory and backpack, you will need another person to equip your backpack and throw the tents for you.

In case of the tent being bugged in your inventoy you will need to pick up items with your inventroy full, this will drop the tent and free the space.

I'm not going to loot another tent ever jaja, at least until it safe to pitch one.

Had this happen today on 1.7.1 +beta.

Was trying to place a tent but it appears to still be broken in 1.7.1 so it would not place. I started moving and spamming place tent and it kept making the noise and not placing it so I finally gave up. I went to drop the tent and found that I could drop a lot of tents out of the same item slot.

Finally after dropping about 10 tents it gave me my 3 slots back. Seems not only is tent placement still bugged but you can dupe them easily. No idea why you'd want to though since you still can't put them anywhere.

I get tent duplicate whenever i throw one up, but i can throw my tent as an item onto ground or put a tent in a tent (lol) toget rid of it.

Tho sometimes it says i have 1 tent in my inventory then when i go to throw it into another tent it still in my inventory so i click again and again and its like i've stock piled on about 50 tents for every "failure" i had when i tried pitching.

Date/Time: 18/06/2012

What happened: As mentioned by the OP, spamming the button to place the tent still duplicates tents. It also seems that when you delete the duplicated tents it doesn't delete them from the database, so after a server restart they just appear again.

Where you were: Chernarus

What you were doing: Placing tents

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.1

*Server(s) you were on: EN1

What happened: It also seems that when you delete the duplicated tents it doesn't delete them from the database' date=' so after a server restart they just appear again.

[/quote']

I think the tents are supposed to stay in place after a server restart, that parts not broken. It's the duplicating part that needs fixing, am I right?

What happened: It also seems that when you delete the duplicated tents it doesn't delete them from the database' date=' so after a server restart they just appear again.

[/quote']

I think the tents are supposed to stay in place after a server restart, that parts not broken. It's the duplicating part that needs fixing, am I right?

If you pack up the tents, they should be deleted and not spawn again.

I can confirm this dupe and another method: on a placed tent, rapidly clicking "Pack Tent" while in the packing animation will cause multiple packed tents to drop.

Aghh! This is a very annoying issue, but for me and my group its a bit different! I place the tent and pack it because it was not where I want it. So I repeated this process several times and woke up to 10 more tents around mine with nothing in them! I was able to pack them and place them. Worst part about it was that we moved servers because the tents were a mess! I decided to check them a couple of days later and ALL the stuff we moved had duplicated! The reason of moving was because some of us died and the tents would not de-spawn!

- Item duplication happened on US251

- We do have server tents 4 being legit and 6 not being

- I play on US106 [Veteran] now

- Please PM me for any questions

- This problem seems to occur on every server restart or update

- IGN Zomboy

- Current DayZ mod 1.7.2.3 as of 7/15/2012

-Screenshot of tents picked up and the broken duped ones

http://puu.sh/IQzJ

Edited by Zomboy
  • Like 2

Aghh! This is a very annoying issue, but for me and my group its a bit different! I place the tent and pack it because it was not where I want it. So I repeated this process several times and woke up to 10 more tents around mine with nothing in them! I was able to pack them and place them. Worst part about it was that we moved servers because the tents were a mess! I decided to check them a couple of days later and ALL the stuff we moved had duplicated! The reason of moving was because some of us died and the tents would not de-spawn!

- Item duplication happened on US251

- We do have server tents 4 being legit and 6 not being

- I play on US106 [Veteran] now

- Please PM me for any questions

- This problem seems to occur on every server restart or update

- IGN Zomboy

- Current DayZ mod 1.7.2.3 as of 7/15/2012

-Screenshot of tents picked up and the broken duped ones

http://puu.sh/IQzJ

same issue here...played on several servers it was everywhere the same problem...

and it ruins the game because if you have once found a tent you will have an unlimited amount...

• Like 1

Having this problem, but tents are spawning in my inventory, and they override and delete items inside my main gear.

It seems to occur randomly, that the tents are respawned as an item in my bag. (not backpack).

I've had one bug where my character just kept placing tents.

I could hear the tink tink sound play maybe 12 times and I placed 12-15 tents on top of each other.

Same bugs than Zomboy (in quote) : tent duplication and item duplication, probably at server restart.

When i found a tent for myself, i placed it, placed an item in it, and saved it.

When i went away i saw that the tent was visible, so i decided to pack it and replace it better.

I took the item back, packed the tent and replaced it , replaced the item in it and saved the tent.

The tent was always visible so i repeated the operation.

I was satisfied by the position so i went away and disconnected.

When i came back (a couple of hours later), there was 3 tents, 2 at the positions where i previously deployed them, plus my tent.

The item (a magazine) was in every tent.

I can pack every tent and deploy it on other position.

It was not my intention to duplicate nor the tents nor the item, but i've retested to see if the bug was reproductible, and it is

These bugs are realy worrying.

I found servers with a lot of tents and a lot of items in it and i suspect that there was an exploit.

DayZ is always in alpha, i hope the problem can be solved.

Sorry for bad english, hope it's understandable.

Feel free to hide the post to avoid the spread of the exploit technic.

You can find below the bug report with the official format

Date/Time: 29/07/2012

What happened: tent duplication and item duplication

Where you were: not relevant

What you were doing: placing tent, placing item in it,saving tent, and replacing tent for better position

Current installed version: 1.7.2.4

Server(s) you were on: not relevant, tested on several servers, i think it happen on any server

Your system specs: not relevant

Timeline of events before/after error: not relevant

Edited by takesh

I'm overflowing with tents at the moment. I used to have to search high and low for a tent. Now I have about 10 of them. I will soon need tents to store the tents.

I hide my tents and when I return, sometimes after only a few minutes (so no server restart involved) I find a 2nd tent next to the original. This tends to make hiding the tent a bit pointless as the new tent is generally outside the bushes and in full view of anyone passing by. This has resulted in them being looted at least once. The new tents are all empty and fully packable. The original tents are working just fine. They have been in place for four days now. they remain in place and the contents are not disappearing on any of the servers I am using.

Fish

for it started all with 1 tent in a shop, i tried to pick it but i didnt get it so i just moved on.

as i wanted to cook some meat my whole inventory poped on the ground and i checked my inventory, it was full of tents...

i pulled down all tents and got my gear back after a while it happened again, and again, and again, .... its kinda anoying

@DayZ Team pls fix this lost half of my stuff because i didnt noticed it in a firefight-.-

best regards SgtShark

same happened to a friend

tried to pitch a tent to put something in,

all of sudden he couldn't stop placing tents,

it eventually stopped and he ended up with 13 tents all in exact the same place.

Edited by Azrail

LOL I just went to a spot where a tent used to be that I removed to find it had respawned with all the items it used to contain. Jippie!

Fish