Sign in to follow this  
maxxenbraxxen

Players decreasing ?

Amount of players in the last 24 hrs is decreasing all the time, i started monitoring it a week and a half ago.

Then it was at 180 k, now at just under 150. I understand that this number changes depending on what time you check it, but ive checked it a few times a day, and its decreasing steadiliy

I just hope this mod doesnt become a ghost town before the stand alone comes

I think a big problem and one why our group hasnt been playing lately and that is you cannot save vehicles or tents. What this means is our end game goals of stocking our tents or finding vehicles is over until they fix this. The only option left is go snipe noobs or fill up your backpack. Think I will wait for the tents and vehicles to get fixed, at least we had a goal then.

It won't. Schools are back in session, and a lot of people are quitting do to the current state of hackers. They'll be back, and until then, look at it as "filtering out the people we don't need". ;)

are you suprised?

personally i have retired after having been thunderdomed one too many times.

wont continue to play in its current state.

i guess i ll be back once this goes standalone.

Hackers ruin the game, Cant save vehicles, Buggy tents, Schools back, Alt-f4ers, Ghosters, Admin abusers ect..

The figure was at 200,000 in late July, by the way. I and all but one of my friends have stopped playing because of the hackers, but we'll be back when the stand-alone is ready, or if BattleEye substantially decreases the number of hackers/cheaters.

The initial hype has died down a bit. School is back in so obviously the kids won't be playing as much and since the Standalone announcement many people have probably decided to wait for that. The amount of unique players is still rising so new people are still trying it out. It's to be expected to be honest.

Oh yeah, and a lot of people are fed up with the hacking too.

Edited by Fraggle

Hello there

When a game becomes poplular through methods viral or popular youtube feeds or just a reduction in price many players flock to it.

After the initial honeymoon period, numbers tend to go down. Remembering this is an alpha, many newer players are expecting DAYZ to be a finished product and are therefore dissapointed as is evident by the many posts here.

Attributing this decline to just the scripters is incorrect. There are many reasons (scripters being one of them), but I'll bet a whole pound (UKS) that the lessening of players is down to the games alpha nature coupled with Arma's inherent sim like qualities rather than it being a hand holding, bunny hopping consolian experience.

rgds

LoK

More and more are going to private hives. That's also the only way one can play Lingor, which is gaining in popularity.

It won't. Schools are back in session, and a lot of people are quitting do to the current state of hackers. They'll be back, and until then, look at it as "filtering out the people we don't need". ;)

This is where you are wrong. A game's success, and growth is a direct correlation to its player base. A game needs all types of players to succeed.