Sign in to follow this  
Verticalslum

Changing to Hero skin without losing backpack ?

I've been using ghillie suit for quite some time now and I want to change to hero skin since I decided to become a medic.

When i change to ghillie for the first time i lost my coyote backpack and weapon in it, now facing similar situation. I was wondering if there are anyway to change skin without losing your backpack and stuff in it?

(ps. how much humanity require to recieve the hero skin? im currently 2500 humanity)

I've heard hero skin is 5000(?). I'm currently at 4800 so can't be sure. All I know if the next person I heal, I'll be dropping my backpack on a nice, level tarmacked surface before hand

^ That's what I do

Hello,

I had the same thing happening to me after the first time I changed from normal clothing to ghillie suit. Now everytime I´m about to change my outfit, I drop ALL my gear (I mean all of it, even my backpack and weapons ) exept the outfit I´m about to change, into some loot pile. After changing the clothes I just regear all my stuff and I´m good to go!!

You can reach "Hero status" by reaching 5000 humanity. ( This from DayZ-wiki )

-P-

Thank you for speedy reply all, I will continue my wasteland doctor playstyle (in ghillie, LA85, AS50,NVG. intimidating as heck...) until i reach 5000 humanity.

I morphed into a hero yesterday. My backpack stayed on my body, and is still visible. Is this the norm? Or did I just get lucky? I'm not sure.

My friends however, turned into bandits and their character model has no backpack, Luckily they can still access their inventory.

My Humanity is over 6000. I still look like a bandit. I haven't even morphed into a normal survivor yet, let alone a Hero. So, if it's really true that 5000 is the threshold for Hero, can anyone explain to me why I haven't morphed yet?