TheDee (DayZ)

Rocket and team are Lazy/Incompetent/Do not know what they are doing.

this is a bullshit excuse IMO.

If you cant finish an alpha and make it work, what the fuck makes me think your going to finish a whole game and make it work?

How is it an excuse? The Alpha isn't supposed to work, it is solely for adding stuff that breaks things, Beta is for fixing everything you kept on from Alpha.

If we were making a cake, this is the part where you put everything in a bowl and mix it up, the next stage will be to put it in the oven but you're saying

"OH MY GOD! This isn't cake! this is flour and stuff in a bowl, it's not even solid! how can I trust you to finish the icing!!!!"

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

'If you cant finish an alpha and

make it work, what the fuck

makes me think your going to

finish a whole game and make it

work?'

Um, because the alpha's not finished?

After also playing since around May, I've been quick to defend Rocket. However, I'm starting to agree with OP. Think about it, BI just got a cash injection of around $30 Million. You'd think that they could hire a few people to work full time on this with Rocket. Instead, Rocket spends most of his time at conventions? This is starting to remind me of Notch and his constant vacations...

Why els you think, Rocket said he is a favo of The Minecraft Model? :D

Just give it all time, Rome wasn't built in a day, and DayZ wont be perfect in one either....yes at the moment the lack of tents and vehicles are a major pain in the rear but it does make PvP a little more frequent and interesting.....

I do have my moment of pure rage at this game, but then i remember i payed absolutely nothing for it, it's still an Alpha phase program and i don't think Rocket and the Dev team are on the same budget as say EA or Blizzard.....

Hats off to Rocket and the Dev team at the moment, can't be easy trying to please everyone at the same time whilst dealing with both major and minor problems in the current build. I for one am happy to wait it out and keep playing.

WTF are you people bitching about... its a MOD... How many MODS do you play that gives you a shit ton of content.. I think for a MOD this one is fantastic and has more than enough to do. ITS A FUCKING MOD

I've been playing DayZ since mid/late May, but only been apart of the forums since mid June. In that time there have been zero updates to the gameplay for DayZ. The frequent "updates" we have received have done nothing but make zombies more powerful or underpowered and that is it. Rocket and the team either have no idea where to take the "game" or are completely Incompetent in being able to finish the "game".

I'm not trying to sound like I'm some 1337 game designer because I'm not, but I am a gamer and I have been for years. I have been apart of betas and the vibe this "game" gives off is that it's not even in an alpha stage, a stage where content is added to see how it works within the game. Currently The feeling I get from this "game" is that it has no idea what it wants to be or do. We get updates that change the gameplay minutely, but it honestly gives us nothing. Where is the group play elements we were told were in development and "right around the corner"? They are nowhere to be seen. Rocket thinks he is at a point where this "game" will be a stand alone by next month? What exactly has changed in the past 4-5 months to warrant it becoming a standalone? Nothing in my opinion.

Get out of here you god damn bronie!

I'm not trying to sound like I'm some 1337 game designer because I'm not,

well shut the fuck up then.

• Like 1

The levels of ignorance displayed on this forum are truly mind boggling.

Its true. All I ever read is whine whine whine.. The posts are so repetitive and mindless there is no constructive criticism.

'If you cant finish an alpha and

make it work, what the fuck

makes me think your going to

finish a whole game and make it

work?'

Um, because the alpha's not finished?

What's the point of working on a mod (key word here carebears, mod), when he has a full stand alone game in developement and apparently coming out later this year?

Let me see if I can put it somewhat easier for those who want to bitch because they aren't getting exactly what they want. Yes, this is an alpha, thank you the couple thousand threads that point this out. This was entirely made to collect data on what should be and what shouldn't be in a survival horror mmo. Rocket has, at this point, believed what he wants in the beta. Rocket has no further need to work on the mod and is focusing on the actual game.

No one is holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to play this game. Go back to WoW or something.

Is this easier to understand carebears?

Edited by moondoggie1992

Well if they aren't doing anything in this alpha mod, i sure as hell hope they are focusing their time on soemthing else.

I kind of cant wait for this game to turn even better, with groups and less KOSing

• Like 1

Who cares, this is their opportunity to test lots of different things and if it breaks the game, bugs aren't fixed or everyone hates some of the ideas it's not a huge deal because it's a free mod, when you pay for standalone, you can complain if they break things or don't fix bugs in a timely manner

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

'What's the point of working on

a mod (key word here

carebears, mod), when he has a

full stand alone game in

developement and apparently

coming out later this year?

Let me see if I can put it

somewhat easier for those who

want to bitch because they

aren't getting exactly what they blar blar blar. '

Uhm, are you sure you quoted the right person?

If you did, then why don't you ask rocket yourself? I'm not an almighty Oracle who is all knowing and all powerful.

You sir, have very clearly not played in many alpha testing phases, this game plays very smoothly considering it's dev state and the fact that it's a mod for an already buggy to all hell game (Seriously, go play the proper game, if you think you have it bad.

But more to the point of the OP

Short answer:

Long Answer: DayZ the standalone is being built on the Arma 3 engine, meaning that it will be it's own game, with optimization fine tuned for it's own specific needs and problems, rather than trying to piggyback off of a pre-existing game that -was never designed to support the kind of gameplay we exeperience every day in DayZ-

You ask what has changed, I ask what hasn't?

I love how everythings Realism this, Interior of vehicle that, Crazy realism this... And they only play in 3rd person mode.

3rd person because I HATE THE HEAD BOB.. most likely others do too :|

Lets take some factors into consideration:

1) This is an Alpha of a mod. Rocket owes you nothing, so calling him and his team incompetent because YOU want more out of a mod shows a level of immaturity only your profile pic can assertain.

2) Rocket and Co., since roughly around 1.7 ( biggest update thus far) have been working with BI on the stand alone, as well as been giving interviews, which take up time, thus dedicating less time to the mod.

3) You offer no contructive criticism, and act as if you know exactly how easy it is to mod Arma II, how an alpha of a mod should be iterated, how easy it is to roll out significant updates, and how to design a game in general - I assure you, as a person starting out in the game industry as a very amature game designer, 90% of Rockets time and work is dedicated to FIXING bugs, server errors, reducing hacker numbers, and so on. Again. DEAL WITH IT.

4) The tone of your comment and even thread name reeks 15 year old COD twat with no idea how PC modding and general mature gaming communities work.

Have a concern? Post it respectfully. Annoyed at the lack of updates? Ask WHY there are less updates. Have awesome suggestions that you think put you at a level that allows you to judge people who have been working incessantly FOR YOU? Post them in the suggestions board.

You have brought NOTHING new to the table but a pointless whine.

5) With all of this said, and having read your comment carefully (and painfully) I leave you this:

Then quit playing the DayZ Mod and wait for the stand alone, and stop wasting internet space with pointless posts like this. Go outside, breathe some air.

Edited by visualbear
  • Like 1