Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Vasko

Day Z Mac Compatible?

I am new to DayZ and in the little research I have done I have noticed Arma II isn't made to run for Mac? Does anyone know or have heard if the new game they are planning to put out going to be on both platforms?

Bootcamp or a virtual machine is the only way I believe. Also, make sure your make is able to run the game as they usually have lower end graphics cards.

Very unlikely, ArmA itself is very system intensive and a Mac probably wouldn't be able to run it very well.

That's what I was assuming but I have a high end iMac and MacBook pro. I am also guessing for ArmA and any other companies for that fact are very iffy about producing games that are form both platforms seeing as Mac is more inclined towards education. Even though the new phones they are coming out with are very much so aimed towards the gamer.

Well you could start by posting your Mac specs.

I play on a 27" iMac with an i7 and 8 gigs of ram booting into Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp and it runs just fine. Word of advise, DO NOT try to run it in a virtual machine. Take the time to setup bootcamp and you will thank yourself later.

• Like 1

Extracted from the IGN@Gamescom Article http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/dayz-on-consoles-could-happen

"Hall went on to explain what he feels is important when dealing with multiplatform development. “I don’t think cross-platform development is a good answer for PC innovation because I think it really restricts it. You have to make a lot of design and interface decisions early on. So DayZ is going to drive on as a bit of an experiment, and once it reaches a point when you say ‘ok, does this work on Mac, does this work on 360?’ From a business standpoint you’re cashing in, really, and from a consumer standpoint it’s good, because some people who might not like the super duper hardcore complex nature of the PC one, maybe they want a casual, and I’m using a word that’s probably going to make people cringe, version on 360. There’s a lot of people in the world and people want slightly different things, so why not cater to that?”

Edited by nicebasi

If you have the money to buy a high end mac and macbook...... why havent you bought yourself a $700 WINDOWS gaming rig

I'm running with medium-highish graphics at 1920x1080 averaging around 50fps on the cheapest 2012 iMac. It's not OSX compatible (yet, I hope) but it runs fine in Windows 7 on bootcamp. Don't listen to the Apple haters. The only issue I have had from hardware was the internal mic not being very audible to other players but I have some podcasting mics sitting around so it wasn't an issue.

I wouldn't recommend doing it via virtualization unless you're running a very high end machine. I can run it via Parallels, but I get 10-15fps on pretty low settings that way.

Edited by pdxevan

Why would you buy a Mac to run windows 7? Build your own shit to run windows 7 for half the price and twice the power.

because he doesnt need a Pc gaming rig, you just download bootcamp or parralels or something

Edited by theozzyoscar333

Or you could just get Rust  :P

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

This has sadly not been a very successful first post, considering this thread is from 2012 and about the Mod, not the Standalone.