Sign in to follow this  
tad@tadshackles.com

QUESTION FOR BANDITS

Cool. Thanks again for all the replies. I dont hate on play style at all. Thats what I love about this game. If you wanna snipe fresh spawns for lulz or get into srs pvp elsewhere or just live off the land... w/e

I just wanna patch you up!

("you" being everyone)

I only kill people if they have something I need, So if I was low on blood I wouldn't kill him I would ask if he could blood pack me. But if I am running low on morphine or painkillers then yes I would kill him for them because he could have other stuff I need other than the meds.

It's a nice sentiment / mentality in order to explore alternative approaches to gameplay.

Unfortunately it WOULD be ruined by those metagamers who would use medic skinned individuals as infiltrators.

I've played too many years of Eve online to trust anyone in-game for this exact reason.

It is a shame that good ideas get subverted by those with ulterior motives....

I'd kill you. non-partisan medics would represent some sort of order, or structure. My aim is chaos.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Easy dude, it's just a game. methinks someone needs to take a break from crawling in the bushes and play some hello kitty online. Too much canned pasta, pepsi, and "lamb of god" is bad for the spirit! - peace out! LOL

It's a nice sentiment / mentality in order to explore alternative approaches to gameplay.

Unfortunately it WOULD be ruined by those metagamers who would use medic skinned individuals as infiltrators.

I've played too many years of Eve online to trust anyone in-game for this exact reason.

It is a shame that good ideas get subverted by those with ulterior motives....

Easy dude, it's just a game. methinks someone needs to take a break from crawling in the bushes and play some hello kitty online. Too much canned pasta, pepsi, and "lamb of god" is bad for the spirit! - peace out! LOL

I play the way I would if I were in this situation, and I'd probably be one deranged mother fucker. (And you can't really have too much fun in this game if you don't RP at least a tiny bit.)

This has been an interesting read, it's neat to see how something as simple as an undeniable "friendly" skin divides the bandits and shows the real fun of the game, those little moral dilemmas that, when you look back upon them, really illustrate the character of the person behind the keyboard. Some, upon seeing someone whom they can clearly identify as being a nill threat, suddenly waver from being 100% kill-on-sight, illustrating that underneath the hard exterior, there is still a human being under there (Or you're just a coldly logical robot who understands that you don't need to waste a bullet on that person, just ask them for whatever supplies you need).

Others, are, well just assholes. Don't get me wrong, we all play how we want, but if you're shooting someone to take their stuff when you know full well they'd just give it to you if you needed it, your playstyle is that of an asshole.

Anyway, very cool thread, and to make my post tangentially related to the topic at hand. I wouldn't shoot a medic, because I play lone wolf, I know that one day I might need a medic to save me, but more over, if I manage to see you first, I'll either be well hidden enough that you'll pass me by, or you'll be too far away for me to make out your skin well enough, in which case, you're no threat to me, and not worth the bullets I might need to get out of actual trouble.

• Like 2

The ONLY way i would consider not shooting a player w a 'skin' is if that skin indicated ALOT of helping people and guaranteed that they have not killed ANYONE. Not even a bandit...

IE even w 10k humanity... if you killed a bandit you would lose your skin. If not. Then all are KOS

IMHO bandits.... are just players who have played longer and are sick of getting shot by other players... so we KOS to defend ourselves.

(except players who play in groups non stop who can comfortably not worry about every player)

undeniable "friendly"

Here in lies the problem currently. The system does not show all the little things that a player has done just a quick summary of what their current humanity is. IF the system was more complicated and could guarantee that someone not going to shoot im sure half of us would not. But as it stands all it shows is that someone is either currently positive or negative (IE hasnt shot anyone lately..... or does so much squad healing that his murders are 'hidden').....

so... as of right now.. all people are KOS

50/50 if I didn't need to be helped. I would probably be killed by the medic considering I have the bandit skin anyway.

This. Somebody with humanity that high would kill any bandit he sees.

Depends. Lot's of possible variables, but to summarize quickly:

If it was lone medic: probably not.

If it was a medic operating with a large group: absolutely. I'd assume he earned he 'medic skin' simply by helping out his squad buddies and no one else.

I have really enjoyed reading this. I LOVE this part of the game. You can play HOWEVER you want to and I encourage it. If you wanna murder everyone, GO FOR IT. But I was curious if for example me. I have zero murders, and zero bandit kills but 9500 humanity. I have patched up bandits who admitted to me they just murdered some survivors. I have gone into a situation where I KNEW I was being duped. I patched up the patient, morphined him and then POP a sniper takes me head out... Doesn't matter. I saved my patient. I am a doctor first. (of course, if bandits attacked me and I could defend myself I would. But only if forced to)

If there was a WAR and medics had to choose sides we would all move to Zolengorsk and rename it Switzerland, ya dig?

Its all about saving lives... Any lives.

I will submit though, I TOTALLY understand that there is no way to know for sure if someone is this kind of medic or not but I was curious to see what would happen if you all could see, how you would play differently if at all.. I am glad to see the answers were many and varied.

For those that don't know I posted a thread in the survivor area about how to coast spawn or how to avoid it. if its something you wonder about, go check the thread oh, and gimme those beans!

You just don't kill medics.

Creating an account, and this is your first comment.

Not a bad start I would have to say.

-Zantiago

It depends on the situation. I wouldn't kill a medic that has already helped me or shown kindness.

If it's just a random medic running through a field, he might just as well be a bandit in disguise.

fuck yes i would....he'd actually become my primary target...take out the healer and the whole raid wipes...
No No No No No No No No No No No No! we will NOT stuff DayZ into the same category as every other lame ass MMO. NO. Edited by Highspiral

Probably not. I don't shoot most unarmed people (unless I can't tell that they're unarmed or they try getting my stuff) so I doubt I'd shoot those people either. Just out of common courtesy.

Though if I had killed all their teammates, I may take them out too. Just to keep them from getting revenge on me.