omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Holy SHIT biggest fanboy war ever.

This thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...ayz-on-console/

Has sparked one of the biggest fanboy wars I've ever seen. I just want everybody to have the same thing. What is so wrong with equality? I say--NO! XBOX 4 LIEF--NO! PS3 ALL TEH WAY--NO! PC M4ST3R RACE!

If you posted anything similar to the above, then STFU! Nobody cares. Why is it that people can't just get along? WHO THE HELL CARES IF DAYZ IS ON CONSOLE?! DON'T PLAY IT IF IT IS!! I really think that if it's on console, then people that play on PC shouldn't give a damn. PC fanboys, please explain how putting DayZ on console will affect you. The PC version wouldn't be "dumbed" down in any way, dumbasses. I play on Xbox and PC, and I think that DayZ should be available to everyone.

Why did I make this thread? First of all, a post in that thread would be lost forever, and secondly, people need to realize how much of a fucking fanboy they're being.

So why can't we all just get along? For fuck's sake, we gamers should stop arguing and just enjoy games! (cheeziness FTW!)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

As long as rocket doesn't dumb the game down I could give two fucks if he makes it an iPhone ap.

When it goes stand alone it WILL be PC for sure, any other formats make no difference to me. He could make a god damn RISK style board game out of it for all I care. Again, as long as the PC version is not turned into your average MMO...

• Like 1

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Incorrectly used meme is incorrectly used.

So you're saying that it's a problem to want to solve a problem? You're saying that you WANT to keep arguing with fanboys from all sides? Jesus, it's clear that you're one of the fanboys.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

PC fanboys, please explain how putting DayZ on console will affect you.

I'm no PC fanboy, and I don't really mind if a game is on another platform, but there have been many cases in which the PC version of multi-platform games have been dumbed down.

This post is ironical. You just said you just want "us" gamers to play and stop arguing. What is it you are doing? feeding the problem, that's what you are doing. Also, we don't always "argue", we "discuss".

I'm no PC fanboy, and I don't really mind if a game is on another platform, but there have been many cases in which the PC version of multi-platform games have been dumbed down.

True, but since it started on PC, it wouldn't be "dumbed down"

I wouldn't mind it going to consoles; it'd expand the ability for me to play with more of my friends.

On the flip side, I'd worry about the controls, but that's something that can be adapted to, I suppose.

Edited by Voxgizer

This thread: http://dayzmod.com/f...ayz-on-console/

Has sparked one of the biggest fanboy wars I've ever seen. I just want everybody to have the same thing. What is so wrong with equality? I say--NO! XBOX 4 LIEF--NO! PS3 ALL TEH WAY--NO! PC M4ST3R RACE!

If you posted anything similar to the above, then STFU! Nobody cares. Why is it that people can't just get along? WHO THE HELL CARES IF DAYZ IS ON CONSOLE?! DON'T PLAY IT IF IT IS!! I really think that if it's on console, then people that play on PC shouldn't give a damn. PC fanboys, please explain how putting DayZ on console will affect you. The PC version wouldn't be "dumbed" down in any way, dumbasses. I play on Xbox and PC, and I think that DayZ should be available to everyone.

Why did I make this thread? First of all, a post in that thread would be lost forever, and secondly, people need to realize how much of a fucking fanboy they're being.

So why can't we all just get along? For fuck's sake, we gamers should stop arguing and just enjoy games! (cheeziness FTW!)

Wait... so you're a fanboi... hating on other fanbois? lol Ok. /joking

I haven't read the other thread nor do I care to. If Rocket wants to port the game to consoles, fine with me as long as the PC version isn't poorly developed. Some games which have been released on multiple platforms have been really great... others become locations for dust colonies on store shelves.

Hopefully, Rocket just does it right.

Not necessarily true. If they poorly develop the game on PC because they're thinking it will be easier to just "port" the game to console if its set up in a similar format, it could definitly have detrimental affects on the PC game.

Edited by Maroite

I dont give a fuck if the PC version stays unaffected by the console version. But how many times have the companies lied to us?

If you think the consoles can handle maps like ArmaII has, you clearly have no grasp on system limitations or why console gaming is not up to par with the PC.

If it was on the console, it would be dumbed down severely and hindered to the point it would no longer be DayZ that you love. This is a fact you are going to have to accept.

a port WILL always influence a game over time.

thing of it like having a sibling, a parents love is limited (a developers resource is limited)

console is like a retarded sibling (a gutted pc pretty much and weaker)

but the situation is like 3-4 retarded sibling and the pc gamer is the only normal kid among the family.....

and then we live in a democratic society (at least most of us) so the 3-4 retard will always win because they are the majority

the normal kid gets ignored over time.

but the parents still love every single one of them....

and believe me money talks (when there is enough money anything can change)

Edited by BaitedHook

The whole argument about it going to consoles is pointless, Rocket is making the game. Not fuckin EA or Activision. If he wants to put it on the Wii, I'm sure he'll do a bang up job of it. I have faith.

• Like 1

I think the main reason PC players don't like games that are "ported" are simply because they have to drop the quality of the game to run properly on consoles.

"but it's developed separately" . - At first this may be the case but it usually does not take long before primary development is on the console and the PC gets the "port".

Why ? - because console games make more money, simple as that, there are more players on console, the games can be sold for more money, and the problem of piracy is somewhat less.

Every single company that has pledged "alligence" to the PC community has gone over to developing for console and porting to PC, money money money :)

That is why it looks better for us PC gamers future if the game is not going to console.

Dev guarentees mean very little once someone dumps a million dollars in their lap.

and the problem of piracy is somewhat less.

Its been documented and proven that piracy has little or almost no effect on a games sales. Good games do good regardless. Bad games tank. Marketing is not influenced by this.

And yes, games that are ported from consoles to PC's do TERRIBLE. Not just Graphics, But even controls. Analog controls tend not to... port over very well to PC.

• Like 1

Sorry, but that is not the case. Again and again companies have shown that they're to lazy to release two different games (pc/console). For some reason developers want to have ONE game that they can work on, since consoles are the crappy (hardware wise and controller wise) the game is designed with these limitations. You know a game is a console game when you can fit all of the controls onto a controller.

And yes, games that are ported from consoles to PC's do TERRIBLE. Not just Graphics, But even controls. Analog controls tend not to... port over very well to PC.

That is the complete opposite of this convorsation; the point is "PC --> CONSOLE"

I disagree with everything.

I agree with:

this:

I dont give a fuck if the PC version stays unaffected by the console version. But how many times have the companies lied to us?

and this:

If you think the consoles can handle maps like ArmaII has, you clearly have no grasp on system limitations or why console gaming is not up to par with the PC.

If it was on the console, it would be dumbed down severely and hindered to the point it would no longer be DayZ that you love. This is a fact you are going to have to accept.

Peace.

SD.

That is the complete opposite of this convorsation; the point is "PC --> CONSOLE"

No, its exactly apart of the conversation. Its explaining why you can't have PC--> Console. Read my post above that as well.

Also, for the love of god fix your location. CHerno? Is it hard to state, "Cherno"?

I really think this depends on the developer. PC to console is a toss up based on who is developing it. If the PC version is developed with the fact that it WILL be ported to console in mind, it can make the game really bad.

No, its exactly apart of the conversation. Its explaining why you can't have PC--> Console. Read my post above that as well.

Also, for the love of god fix your location. CHerno? Is it hard to state, "Cherno"?

I agree that most console TO PC ports are pretty bad, PC to console ports can turn out fairly well, but usually due to costs something has to give - be that polish or game play or something.

Edited by Maroite

People are implying that no matter what the developer intends, they always focus on the console version primarily because it makes them more money. While that is true with big gaming companies, Rocket has already told us that he doesn't care about making money, he wants to see this game be made the way he envisions it. He told us about his struggle to find anyone who wanted to publish his game, and finally gave up and made the mod himself to prove to the big companies that WE want a game like this.

I'm sure a console port would have dumbed down graphics and maybe less players per server or something along those lines, but I have faith it'll stay true to the DayZ experience.

• Like 1