I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. You press a button and dozens of items disappear? At least give people a chance to recover loot. If you really want to hide a body, you should have an entrenching tool and five spare minutes.

Sure, I die a lot, and I'm used to losing gear, but realistically I didn't have to lose it. Also, I've only recovered my loot once when someone didn't hide my body.

Realistically?? There is that word again.

Realism will never be fully achieved in a game until VR's are fully developed, and not even then because you cannot change the psychology of a human being.

Hiding bodies plays a WAY more important role than just irritating people. Nothing puts me more on my guard than seeing dead Zeds, players or animals in an area. I hide every single thing I kill to prevent alerting people, if I had to dig a hole for 5 minutes I would be at it all day long.

• Like 2

I'm not saying that the hiding body feature should be removed. I suppose I'm suggesting that it takes some time to hide it, and players can recover their loot with an entrenching tool or something.

Realism will never be fully achieved in a game until VR's are fully developed, and not even then because you cannot change the psychology of a human being.

It's called brainwashing...

• Like 1

Re-incarnating and coming back to loot your own body 5 minutes later sure sounds like realism, Turbo-Buddha.

• Like 5

I'm not saying that the hiding body feature should be removed. I suppose I'm suggesting that it takes some time to hide it, and players can recover their loot with an entrenching tool or something.

If you can get it with an entrenching tool, then it shouldn't take any time. I LOVE the idea of being able to use that to dig up bodies and I hate that you can't, but if it takes you 20seconds or so to hide a body, it better take you a little bit to dig it up again.

The only reason i hide bodies is so other players don't expect someone around. That means they won't expect me around and that way i can kill them =) Or sometimes i just use the bodies as bait =D

Re-incarnating and coming back to loot your own body 5 minutes later sure sounds like realism, Turbo-Buddha.

Only as realistic as making corpses magically invisible.

No.

Thanks for contributing.

Edited by tocsik

Well that's good to know, I didn't know you could loot your own dead body after you respawn...

Ive had this game for a bit but first few times I couldnt find a weapon and wasted a lot of time sneaking around and then died. so I played other games until today. I finally got a decent amound of loot, including an m4a1 AR. anywho i was low on blood and couldnt find food until I died. I think there was only like 1 other person on the server so I'd totally go back and loot my stuff, if only I knew where I was :o haha had no map and I have NO idea where anything is, running aimlessly around. hmm well i was by the beach.

speaking of, I used to spawn on a beach, now it seems I always spawn in the forest. did they change the spawn point?

Well that's good to know, I didn't know you could loot your own dead body after you respawn...

Ive had this game for a bit but first few times I couldnt find a weapon and wasted a lot of time sneaking around and then died. so I played other games until today. I finally got a decent amound of loot, including an m4a1 AR. anywho i was low on blood and couldnt find food until I died. I think there was only like 1 other person on the server so I'd totally go back and loot my stuff, if only I knew where I was :o haha had no map and I have NO idea where anything is, running aimlessly around. hmm well i was by the beach.

speaking of, I used to spawn on a beach, now it seems I always spawn in the forest. did they change the spawn point?

A double necro post, bravo good sir you have won the internet.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. You press a button and dozens of items disappear? At least give people a chance to recover loot. If you really want to hide a body, you should have an entrenching tool and five spare minutes.

Your lucky I can't find a "Burn Body" & "Piss on the Ashes" button
  • Like 1

You would still need to find an entrenching tool in the meantime which aren't easy to come by.

It's fair. It's keeping gear out of the hands of other players.

Hiding bodies is used to keep your trail cold when you kill someone. It's a dick move yes, but it's a logical one, because, you really don't want to be found with the blood of one on your hands, while some aims their DMR at your head.

I buried two bodies yesterday. We saw the fuckers disconnect to lose agro and they also disconnected when a friend shot at them.

It was a private hive so we camped the area and waited for them to log back in. Sure enough, they did. Nailed one with my M14 and another guy sniped the other

• Like 1