zmol

Why geared up players are hard to kill

I've killed 10+ players during the last week or so, but only one had decent gear. Every time I engage a player in camo/ghilie they alt+f4 within seconds. Thinking back on my months of play time, I've only killed camo/ghilie guys with m14/AS50 - simply because these weapons 1-2 shot.

- Spot a camo and a newbie in electro. Stalk them to Stary (1hr+) and lie in wait kill the newbie, but only one enfield shot hits the camo guy before he disconnects.

- Sneak around for 15 min following the sound/zombies of a balota-sniper. Jump his pine tree. he disconnects while i reload having wounded him.

It pisses me off that automatic weapons or anything that isn't a onehit kill has so little use in PvP. I want to hit/be hit and survive, i want people to bandage mid fight, i want strategy and patience to pay off. The only lenghty gunfights i've had with geared players have been when clans have clashed and fought over dead bodies or vehicles. TO HELL with all you camo/ghilie guys and your cat like disconnect-reflexes.

Sorry for whining.. But this has been driving me crazy lately

• Like 13

And the reason you can't kill REAL survivors with good gear is that they don't dick around in high-traffic areas for long.

AltF4 people aren't survivors, they are video game players.

• Like 13

I never DC, PvP is my weakest area due to low fps, but I suck it up.

Besides, I find all my good shit in less than 48 hours.

And the reason you can't kill REAL survivors with good gear is that they don't dick around in high-traffic areas for long.

AltF4 people aren't survivors, they are video game players.

The one well geared player I killed this week was actually around Gvodzno (m14, aks, m9 sd etc), but then again that was six m14 shots to the chest. I don't know if he qualfies as a REAL survivor?

I second the part with the group fights

Those were the most fun battles I've had in DayZ so far

Though I don't have as many issues with AltF4-players because of my .50cal

People who alt+F4 are hard to kill.

In other news, water is wet and shit stinks.

More at 11.

EDIT: Okay no but seriously. Yeah it sucks. Yeah people with better gear are more likely to alt+F4. That just means you have to make your shots count.

Protip 1: More often than not, they will log back in right where they logged out, or somewhere near/behind where you shot them from. Change position and wait 5-10 minutes, you'll usually pick up a kill.

Protip 2: If you know what their ingame name is, put it into DayZ Commander as a friend. Find what server they switch to, log in and shoot them again. Repeat until desired results achieved. Don't let them get away with it if you can help it.

Edited by Sephka
  • Like 5

I'm pretty easy to kill. Shoot me in the chest from close range. Hold down the trigger.

I'm not gonna alt-f4 out on you. Do me a favor and show me the same courtesy.

• Like 7

I'm pretty easy to kill. Shoot me in the chest from close range. Hold down the trigger.

You're a good man! :) Occasionally I find survivors who put up a fight regardless of the odds. I always appreciate that spirit regardless of the outcome of fight!

• Like 1

They do it so quick by hitting Escape, pausing the game, then hitting ALT+F4. ALT+F4 doesn't work unless the mouse cursor is visible on the screen. Practice the motion, it's really freaking fast

• Like 1

they probably dont dc rather just teleport to another part of the map. The gear is probably hacked in from an ammo box. Hacking is more rampant than most people know or letting on.

Edited by raincloud

I find it funny because the people that alt-f4 are most probably the same people that moan about the game getting boring too quickly. They ruin their own game by avoiding the one thing that makes it great, risk/reward.

• Like 5

According to my own doctrine, the only time I open fire, is to remove a direct and present threat to myself or my current objective. So according to simply that, and from a logical standpoint, it really shouldn't bother me that people alt-F4, as the threat is removed, regardless of whether I got an arbitrary notch on my belt or not, so mission accomplished.

However, this isn't the case, as unfortunately I was raised to fight fairly, and to abuse something like the ability to combat log to save your precious gear, well, that's not even fighting dirty, it is pure and simple cheating.

• Like 4

I just killed a sniper who was fully loaded, too bad i didnt need squat...2 fast close dmr shots to his head ended his parade

He was camping between kamenka and kamapobo on the hill, unfortunatly for him I was scaling the hill going north

No alt f4 for him, poor baby with all that gear, lucky for him I left his body

• Like 2

I can think of a million reasons that someone might DC...

eg. you're on route to give one of your friends medical assistance, your vehicle gets damaged, you've run around for an hour scavenging parts for it, all of a sudden you get shot at by someone whose sole purpose is PVP... what's going through the head of the DC'er... going to lose my gear, friend is possibly going to die, going to lose the vehicle....

So, yeah it's not like queensbury rules, but sometimes people just dont want to be involved in the bean wars.

People get so caught up in there own world of play that they forget that others may have a different agenda.

• Like 1

As soon as I die with my own ghillie suit, I'm just gonna run amok in Cherno with an AK or something and just PVP. Pretty much the thing I don't want to lose.

• Like 1

As soon as I die with my own ghillie suit, I'm just gonna run amok in Cherno with an AK or something and just PVP. Pretty much the thing I don't want to lose.

I thought I was going to do that once, turns out even being unarmed will still make you a target for people.

If you lose your gear, join a low population server, run to cherno, get gun, climb the highest building, log out, log in on the highest population server

Kill the fully geared sniper in front of you

Walla ur now geared

• Like 2

Exactly the same here.

At the moment I have an M4CCO SD, M24,GPS,Range finder and night vision.

I will never disconnect in a fire fight, I may run away if I know I am going to love but I will never disconnect

Your profile picture makes me not give a flying fuck about your problems.

Well... That wasnt very nice...

Those alt-f4 pussies are all missing the best part of the game. The tense moments in which you don't know if you're gonna survive this one. If you do, it's probably the most rewarding situation in the whole game.

That and being lucky enough to respawn close to where you died, and being able to exact revenge.

I love firefights in DayZ, Especially times like sneaking around a Town with a rusty AK looking for people, Or defending myself.

BUT i do abort sometimes, But only when say, I've just died, Respawned, Going into a place like Elektro with noob gear after a half hour run there, And some Dick that's been sitting in a bush with a sniper killing Freshies for no purpose whatsoever other than to make it more like CoD starts taking shots at me for the "Lolz l33t 3L1t3 sn1p3r K1llz"

AlftF4 and server hopping is the main reason why there's so much mindless player killing going on. Once you'll try a private hive server you'll find many more friendly faces. It's a really simple mechanism - once a player gets tied to one server his actions sudenly have consequences. Friends stay friends and enemies stay enemies. It's the lack of persistence. @Hive is both the strongest and the gamebreaking element of DayZ. It's great to be able to pick up from where you left off on any servers, but it also allow people to pretty much... cheat. Yes, they bitch about hackers, but they are basically doing the same thing to an extent.

If a game allows you to be a dick in any way, 90% of the gamers will take that opportunity. Keyboard warrior's paradise.

• Like 2

If you lose your gear, join a low population server, run to cherno, get gun, climb the highest building, log out, log in on the highest population server

Kill the fully geared sniper in front of you

Walla ur now geared

Funnily enough, this is posted on a thread dedicated to complaining about exploiting logging procedures to unfairly manipulate the outcome of gameplay...

Part of me wonders if much of the alt-f4 debate isn't really about cheating, but about bambies making things harder for wolves looking to pick on weak prey.

Edited by fathairybeast