Sign in to follow this  
RoaR (DayZ)

UK1 Server Donations

Hi everyone,

The UK1 server seems to be up and stable now - it costs me £61 a month to host. Currently I am paying this myself, because I think DayZ is worth it and I honestly enjoy playing it.

However, if anyone would like to donate something to the running of the servers, I really apprecaite it and it would mean alot if I could keep this server going for as long as people want it. If not, thats fine too :)

Thanks either way.

btn_donate_SM.gif

(I will hire more servers if/when donations allow me to do so.)

Awesome, I hope I will be able to help sometime. We are planning on settling up on your server :)

And it turned out that we didn't manage to join your server, stuck on "Waiting for server response" for 10 minutes and switched to another server that day.

Any plans to open up the UK server RoaR?

Will happily chuck a few quid your way.

Same here!

Not sure wether its just me, but i can never find the UK1 server now? Something up or is it my side, i used to only really play on UK1 but cant find it now.

EU5 is UK based. If you can't get on UK1, Jump on there. It tends to be easier to get on the UK/EU servers before 3pm.

Will do lofty, but us hardworking individuals don't get home from work till 6pm. Looks like I'm going to have to get my own server at this rate!

Yeah, it kinda sucks that when we are able to play, most of the servers are full. There are 6 of us that tend to play together but we wait until there's a free slot on our server instead of kicking someone.

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the delay in my reply, RL commitments have kept me away from DayZ since early in the weekend.

I've had several IM's and emails regard in the password on UK1. I personally have had no sight of this at all - I checked on the server today the moment I got in from work and all seemed to be well.

I had noticed that the server has been changed to 40 slots down from 50. This was something I had spoken with the DayZ devteam but had not gotten around to doing myself. The only ones with access to the server are myself and the DayZ team.

From what I can gather, the password was placed on the server during the time that the server was being tested, updated and looked at, as I had reported having problems with stability during the week (thanks for taking the time to look at this for my by the way, guys!)

I have not, and will not ever put a password on UK1 except in the most extreme of situations. I will never be demanding anything for the running of the server. As I mentioned in my original post.

I would imagine the same would be said for the DayZ team, as they have as much, if not more interest in keeping the server up as everyone else :)

I apologise to anyone who was inconvenienced by the server being passworded during this time and will attempt to ensure any further outages are as brief as possible.