scott24z

Why are the AS50 and M107 in the game?

but realistically though how many ppl use it for this purpose? i would say less than 10% of people do.

Wtf do I care what other people do.

I just kill other people.

Someone in our crew always rolls with a .50 in his pack for stopping vehicles.

Rubbish, vehicles can't shoot back and normal firearms still damage them.

You're a gimp bro. Military sim.

Who cares? It's a sandbox

Nobody is telling anyone how and against who he is supposed to use his weapon

Thank you sir.

Beans your way.

now let me explain to you why as50's and m107's are here.

it's to one hit kill you people, cause it's effective only 1 shot needed and it prevents combat loggers from doing their trick.

now don't go crazy just yet cause there's more.

you see this forum is like a machine and every machine needs lubrication. What makes this forum diffrent is that it requires many tears to be lubricated properly.

thats where we snipers come in. we shoot you and make your live a living hell. so you come on here to cry and lubricate our lovely forum.

so i hereby thank you for keeping our forum running with your lovely tears.

• Like 3

Who cares? It's a sandbox

Nobody is telling anyone how and against who he is supposed to use his weapon

did i say anything about not using it how he wanted to? no? i was just merely pointing out that people dont use it for the purpose he said they are meant for.

Wtf do I care what other people do.

I just kill other people.

Someone in our crew always rolls with a .50 in his pack for stopping vehicles.

then you are using it for its intended purpose, i just pointed out that alot of people dont....but u wanted to be all hardman ;)

I'm sorry i thought this was DAYZ.

This is no longer ARMA, we do not have the luxury of a mission editor, spawning with whatever gear we choose and not having to spend fucking hours finding it, only to be shot by some semi-auto 50cal noob-crutch fucking weapon from 800m.

You like shooting vehicles with you OP shit cause they are an easy target, infact true without needing the arse50.

And how realistic is a milsim where players die from one shot to the leg or foot even ? bullshit, and where grass and foliage ARE NOT RENDERED at distance.

Bullshit, this mod needs some level of ballance whether people like it or not.

All the noobs cry at the threat of their favorite OP piece of shit being removed, once it goes, they move to the next most OP thing they can find.

You lot could not just be happy with a fucking m24.

Bullshit, this mod needs some level of ballance whether people like it or not.

Oh, then here's an idea: get off your lazy ass and go get some of these rifles and fucking balance it.

You don't have to be a certain class to use them, or a certain level, or a certain gender or nationality. All you have to do is not be fucking lazy. Just walk north, find one, sling it on your shoulder and go do your thing if you think it makes you such an unbeatable badass.

"These weapons are only used for killing players."

Yes, thanks. That's one of the primary goals in this game. Did you read "What is DayZ?" on the front page? There are only 3 goals in this game and one involves killing players.

Get it? Killing players is important, therefore weapons that make it easier to kill players are important.

If you don't like that, then I'm pretty sure you know how to solve that little problem.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Oh, then here's an idea: get off your lazy ass and go get some of these rifles and fucking balance it.

You don't have to be a certain class to use them, or a certain level, or a certain gender or nationality. All you have to do is not be fucking lazy. Just walk north, find one, sling it on your shoulder and go do your thing if you think it makes you such an unbeatable badass.

Yes, thanks. That's one of the primary goals in this game. Did you read "What is DayZ?" on the front page? There are only 3 goals in this game and one involves killing players.

Get it? Killing players is important, therefore weapons that make it easier to kill players are important.

If you don't like that, then I'm pretty sure you know how to solve that little problem.

It's not really a question of balance, it's a question of should these things even be in the game, given the setting of dayz.

For any other carebear post I'd agree, balance it yourself, even the odds and stop whining.

But really, these weapons don't fit in the zombie apocalypse setting, AT ALL.

Perhaps once hacking/duping is fixed a very very rare 50 cal drop would be absolutely fine.

But at the moment it's the ONLY sniper rifle people are using, because it's so heavily duped and hacked.

The mod might as well be called, 'DayZ - the AS50 wars'.

'Guess how my friend and I met our demise?

Two snipers in ghillies (and the

rest of the city).'

'sitting on top of an

extremely tall building in cherno killing

everyone that went to the fire station'

'extremely tall building in cherno'

'cherno'

I think I know what the problem is. :P

It's not really a question of balance, it's a question of should these things even be in the game, given the setting of dayz.

For any other carebear post I'd agree, balance it yourself, even the odds and stop whining.

But really, these weapons don't fit in the zombie apocalypse setting, AT ALL.

Why not?

Because other stories about zombies don't have them (which is not even universally true)?

This is a completely arbitrary distinction. There's no basis for making these claims. DayZ's setting is not the same as Night of the Living Dead. It is Chernarus where there was obviously a major military campaign going on to contain this infection and combat banditry. That's the setting for DayZ. It makes absolutely perfect sense that these weapons exist in this environment given everything else we see around the map.

Weapons in deer stands? The military were using them as temporary watch posts during the early days of the infection, spotting the infected and roving rioters and bandits. Notice the military zombies near the stands? Hmph.

Weapons in fire stations? Temporary strongholds and supply depots. Military were storing supplies here for civilians to distribute throughout the cities. Military used the towers to observe the surroundings for infected and bandits.

Crashed helicopters? They were delivering weapons, ammo and medical supplies and evacuating survivors and injured out of Chernarus. Sometimes the pilots or crew were overcome with infection, other times shot down by bandits.

The piles of dead bodies everywhere, crashed humvees, military hospitals in cities littered with soldier corpses. It all points to a major, long-term, province-wide military action involving an attempt to first contain, then eliminate the infected threat while simultaneously dealing with roving bands of bandits.

That's the setting. And maybe it's not the same as other zombie stories and games, but that's okay, right? I mean when people make a new story they get to decide if it has the same setting as other similar stories or maybe a different one, right?

What you're really saying is that the presence of these weapons doesn't meet your personal expectations of the setting.

The problem is your personal expectations. They were inaccurate. Just revise them to fit what DayZ is instead of what you thought it was going to be.

Perhaps once hacking/duping is fixed a very very rare 50 cal drop would be absolutely fine.

So why not make posts calling for the fixing of hacking and duping instead of spamming threads about taking guns out of the game?

Gah.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Ya? They make it too easy to kill players. Pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles kill players too. I have nothing against bandits. But the Anti-Material rifles are a joke, I know because I've had them a few times. They don't fit the setting of a zombie appocalypse (then again at this point there is no zombie-survival aspect to the game). The fact tons of people have them due to duping doesn't help either.

I don't think they have any place in the game. But if for some reason they have to stay there needs to be some kind of encumbrance system added. A dude carrying these beasts around shouldn't keep up with someone carrying a rifle. You should not be able to put it in a backpack.

Ya? They make it too easy to kill players. Pistols, shotguns and hunting rifles kill players too...But if for some reason they have to stay there needs to be some kind of encumbrance system added. A dude carrying these beasts around shouldn't keep up with someone carrying a rifle. You should not be able to put it in a backpack.

The tactical significance of sniper rifles, accumulated rebuttals and why they're here to stay.

Your concerns are addressed there.

Including the fact that I personally agree a better encumbrance system would be great for these weapons, including necessitating tools for use in assembling and disassembling them.'

Which is the kind of stuff we should be discussing instead of another pointless thread about taking them out of the game.

The tactical significance of sniper rifles, accumulated rebuttals and why they're here to stay.

Your concerns are addressed there.

Including the fact that I personally agree a better encumbrance system would be great for these weapons, including necessitating tools for use in assembling and disassembling them.'

Which is the kind of stuff we should be discussing instead of another pointless thread about taking them out of the game.

We are talking about specific weapons, not the complete removal of, dry your fucking eyes.

We are talking about specific weapons, not the complete removal of, dry your fucking eyes.

I don't want them to be removed till Alt-f4ing is stopped. If you have to cheat to live, then I want a 1 shot option with a body shot.

once whiney pussies stop D/cing. then I'll agree to As50 /107 removal. but until then keep crying bro

Why not?

Because other stories about zombies don't have them?

This is a completely arbitrary distinction. There's no basis for making these claims. DayZ's setting is not the same as Night of the Living Dead. It is Chernarus where there was obviously a major military campaign going on to contain this infection and combat banditry. That's the setting for DayZ. It makes absolutely perfect sense that these weapons exist in this environment given everything else we see around the map.

Weapons in deer stands? The military were using them as temporary watch posts during the early days of the infection, spotting the infected and roving rioters and bandits. Notice the military zombies near the stands? Hmph.

Weapons in fire stations? Temporary strongholds and supply depots. Military were storing supplies here for civilians to distribute throughout the cities. Military used the towers to observe the surroundings for infected and bandits.

Crashed helicopters? They were delivering weapons, ammo and medical supplies and evacuating survivors and injured out of Chernarus. Sometimes the pilots or crew were overcome with infection, other times shot down by bandits.

The piles of dead bodies everywhere, crashed humvees, military hospitals in cities littered with soldier corpses. It all points to a major, long-term, province-wide military action involving an attempt to first contain, then eliminate the infected threat while simultaneously dealing with roving bands of bandits.

That's the setting. And maybe it's not the same as other zombie stories and games, but that's okay, right? I mean when people make a new story they get to decide if it has the same setting as other similar stories or maybe a different one, right?

What you're really saying is that the presence of these weapons doesn't meet your personal expectations of the setting.

The problem is your personal expectations. They were inaccurate. Just revise them to fit what DayZ is instead of what you thought it was going to be.

So why not make posts calling for the fixing of hacking and duping instead of spamming threads about taking guns out of the game?

Gah.

So you say I'm making an arbitrary distinction as to what DayZ and it's setting is, then you write a bunch of fan fiction to justify why you personally think anti material rifles should be in game?

Or is it basically 'thus it is, and so it should be'?

In answer to your question, I've asked for hacking and duping to be fixed, along with the Alt + f4, except I'm told that won't happen until standalone at the very least.

I see nothing wrong with a rifle like the AS50 being in game, except only in very very limited numbers (as intended I suspect?).

Until such a thing can happen (ie standalone), it should be removed for the time being.

I don't enjoy the AS50 wars, it doesn't amuse me to get a kill with it or killed by it, it's just too common.

And if you had any common sense you'd realise that.

ok so...AS50 and M107 are in the game to snipe all the kids who just hit puperty :D and now ! pls call me a 14 year old COD faggot

have a nice day

I had the following loadout:

M4A3 CCO

PDW

Every tool

Coyote backpack with a M4A1 SD CCO

Guess how my friend and I met our demise?

Two snipers in ghillies sitting on top of an extremely tall building in cherno killing everyone that went to the fire station (and the rest of the city).

How much damage do each of their weapons do?

Over 34000. So it doesn't matter how much blood you have. They get an instant kill at any range while they remain untouchable, not even looting the people they kill.

Snipers don't belong in this game, no matter how many people think that sniping is "cool". Every game seems to be ruined by people like that. Snipers are only even in this game to one-hit-kill other survivors. They are impractical for any other purpose. So why are they even allowed? It takes no skill once the gun is zeroed. All it is is point and click. Even if I didn't have good gear, I would still feel cheated against. It is infuriating to see their stupid little ghillie heads barely sticking up knowing that there is nothing you can do except leave the game and let them continue killing innocent players until they get bored.

- Find the building

- Climb the stairs

- Kill them

- ????

- Profit

Agreed. Really no reason for them. They can take down vehicles, ya, but wouldn't you rather kill the players and keep the vehicle rather than blow it up? Plus two shots against a heli you worked so hard for seems dumb, but that's not a problem in most cases.

• Like 1

Agreed. Really no reason for them. They can take down vehicles, ya, but wouldn't you rather kill the players and keep the vehicle rather than blow it up? Plus two shots against a heli you worked so hard for seems dumb, but that's not a problem in most cases.

course there's a reason for the, Alt-F4 is the reason. till that's fixed. = OHK's please/thankyou

Stop talking out of your arse. The mil dots on the AS50, M107 work exactly the same as the DMR. Just last night I used the mil dots on my AS50 to take a guy out at 400 meters AS50 is zeroed at 300. I dident have the time to take out rangefinders to get an exact range so I used the mil dots. And it takes just as much skill as any of the Sniper rifles.

If you didn't know, you can press, "Page Up" and "Page Down" and it automatically zero's it on those guns... DMR doesn't have that so it requires you to use the mildots to take the shot.

course there's a reason for the, Alt-F4 is the reason. till that's fixed. = OHK's please/thankyou

Headshots ?

It's kinda hard to headshot someone from 800 meters out.

Zero and/or adjust your sight picture?

Zero and/or adjust your sight picture?

When using a DMR it's harder than you would think to use the mildots to estimate a torso shot from 800 meters out, a headshot would be nearly impossible. Especially if the target is moving.