scott24z

Why are the AS50 and M107 in the game?

easy mode rofl

can tell this kid has never reached end game gear, let alone keep his winchester for 50 minutes

I've looted like 6? as50's in the last 2 days, it's the most common sniper rifle people drop now (because of hacking/duping) and quite frankly, it's boring.

No one wants a challenge though, no one wants to learn how to use mil dots and snipe with the m24 or DMR, they just want their COD style quick scope 1 hit kills, eh 'kid'?

• Like 1

What he wants is the chance to Alt + F4 and go to another server to have his friend bandage him up and then ghost to a location to take out the sniper on the original server.

If rocket FIXED the alt + F4 problem, it wouldn't be an issue, would it?

• Like 1

no one wants to learn how to use mil dots and snipe with the m24 or DMR, they just want their COD style quick scope 1 hit kills, eh 'kid'?

Does anyone know what the fuck this guy is talking about?

Both the M107 and AS50 have mildots, both require zeroing

They work through the same long range mechanics that the M24 and DMR use

Would you care to elaborate how having an AS50/M107 results in "CoD quick scopes"?

Would you care to elaborate how having an AS50/M107 results in "CoD quick scopes"?

Did I deny they had zeroing or milldots? (dmr can't zero)

Sounds like you're denying people run around with their duped AS50's shooting people at close range?

Have you seen that weapon?

It's like 5 feet long, it has no business being in a post apocalyptic world, especially when every second person has one.

Guess you just like 1 hitting people, right?

• Like 1

Did I deny they had zeroing or milldots?

No, you said that people don't want to "learn how to use mildots and snipe with the M24 and DMR"

Implying that the DMR actually requires more marksmanship at 500m than a M107 does at 1,2km

Sounds like you're denying people run around with their duped AS50's shooting people at close range?

"If rocket FIXED the alt + F4 problem duping, it wouldn't be an issue, would it?"

Shooting people at close range with an AS50?

Yeah I had a guy once that tried to do that, it ended with him being splattered all over the walls after my M203 HE hit the window he was shooting from

Considering that I'm currently utilizing a legit M107, yes

It's a tactical advantage that I gladly have in my backpack once things need to be taken care of beyond one kilometer

Edited by Hawk24

But only the DMR requires mildots to be used. If you have a rangefinder you can easily get the range and zero an as50 and bang they're dead. DMR takes some thought to know how much you have to aim above to get the desired shot.

Its a good point, Why do you need a snipe to fend off zombies, they are mainly used for player killing.

Why do people act like killing zombies is the point of the game? There are three steps to the game kids, go view the homepage again.

1 Scavenge

2 Slay (Bandits / zombies)

3 Survive

Notice how one third of the walkthrough is to kill each other (or two thirds if you're "surviving from players")?

Side note; I fucking snipe zombies all the time. Whether I see a goat at 800 meters, a player, or a zombie, I shoot it with my dmr. Cause it's fun.

The problem is that they're to common thanks to hacking/duping.

Duping is a problem with the Arma engine, nothing will be fixed about it until the standalone game, so be prepared to see makarovs on the floor as much as you see as50s on dead kiddies.

Did I deny they had zeroing or milldots? (dmr can't zero)

Have you seen that weapon?

It's like 5 feet long, it has no business being in a post apocalyptic world, especially when every second person has one.

as long as pussies are Alt-f4ing,. then yes I love 1 hitting people. you shouldn't be able to close game while combat is happening.

I had the following loadout:

M4A3 CCO

PDW

Every tool

Coyote backpack with a M4A1 SD CCO

Guess how my friend and I met our demise?

Two snipers in ghillies sitting on top of an extremely tall building in cherno killing everyone that went to the fire station (and the rest of the city).

How much damage do each of their weapons do?

Over 34000. So it doesn't matter how much blood you have. They get an instant kill at any range while they remain untouchable, not even looting the people they kill.

Snipers don't belong in this game, no matter how many people think that sniping is "cool". Every game seems to be ruined by people like that. Snipers are only even in this game to one-hit-kill other survivors. They are impractical for any other purpose. So why are they even allowed? It takes no skill once the gun is zeroed. All it is is point and click. Even if I didn't have good gear, I would still feel cheated against. It is infuriating to see their stupid little ghillie heads barely sticking up knowing that there is nothing you can do except leave the game and let them continue killing innocent players until they get bored.

just hack like everyone else does and yes qq moar

But only the DMR requires mildots to be used. If you have a rangefinder you can easily get the range and zero an as50 and bang they're dead. DMR takes some thought to know how much you have to aim above to get the desired shot.

Stop talking out of your arse. The mil dots on the AS50, M107 work exactly the same as the DMR. Just last night I used the mil dots on my AS50 to take a guy out at 400 meters AS50 is zeroed at 300. I dident have the time to take out rangefinders to get an exact range so I used the mil dots. And it takes just as much skill as any of the Sniper rifles.

Stop talking out of your arse. The mil dots on the AS50, M107 work exactly the same as the DMR. Just last night I used the mil dots on my AS50 to take a guy out at 400 meters AS50 is zeroed at 300. I dident have the time to take out rangefinders to get an exact range so I used the mil dots. And it takes just as much skill as any of the Sniper rifles.

Bullshit :)

DMR is the only sniper that requires skill to be used.

Don't forget that mildots of the 50cal. represent lower distances than on the DMR, speaking about standard field of view ofc.

However this is making aiming with cal50 alot easirt than with the DMR.

Also different zoom levels alter the mildots of the DMR... list goes on.Edit: as50 is zeroed at 300m? Don't know what you wanted to say therd

Edited by Riiquiem

These weapons really dont mesh with the feel of a zombie survival game and simlpy exist (in huge numbers due to duping) for killing players. I've looted a few from snipers. There is no skill involved in it. And in a survival situation who would be running around with one of these instead of an ak or a hunting rifle.

personally i thnk the abundance of snipers is way way to high. as is alot of military loot in general. People should be running around with low tier weapons. people should be using double shotguns, winchesters and pistols. not high power anti material rifles. personally i think guns spawn rates and military equipment should be drastically lowered, survival should be the priority not seeing how big your e-pen is. i remember the first time i found a pistol, i felt powerful. i felt like i had some form of control over what i was doing. I would love for it always to be like that. I think there should be more melee weapons in the game and less guns, it will make finding one a whole lot more rewarding. yes snipers should remain in the game. but make them extremely hard to come by, limit the spawn rate for there ammo to. only prob is what im saying cant be achieved because of duping ><

I mean, its clearly overpowered (even for a game like DayZ) and should at least require a headshot, especially when death is so punishing. I'm fine with the other snipers because at least they're fair.

IRL a .50cal round at over 1000M can MISS you by a good foot or two and the shock that it generates through the sound barrier is enough to still tear limbs etc off, i mean have you ever held a .50cal round?? absolutely massive!! So yeah its pretty accurate with the hit ratio, even being hit my a CZ550 at any range with its .303 round will be fatal.. Snipers are here to stay and im for one happy with that!

DMR is the only sniper that requires skill to be used.

DMR...only sniper that requires skill....DMR....only sniper that requires skill

WHAT?

It's 20 rounds of semi automatic fire with barely any recoil

By the time my M107 shoots 2 rounds the DMR has shot 20

Tell me more about this skill that the DMR is supposed to require while having the highest effective RoF of all sniper rifles

IRL a .50cal round at over 1000M can MISS you by a good foot or two and the shock that it generates through the sound barrier is enough to still tear limbs etc off

Bronies and firearm myths....they don't mix well

It's a piece of metal at high speed passing by, not some magical death laser that destroys human tissue whenever it's fired

Put a soda can down range, miss it by a few inches, the can won't even wobble

According to your logic it would've been shredded

Oh and what about paper targets?

Why would a .50 BMG put 1/2 inch holes in a paper target and not just make it rip apart?

I mean it "generates shock through the sound barrier" after all while passing through the target.....doesn't it?

If it won't destroy a sheet of paper when passing through, it will not tear off limbs on a 2ft miss either...

Edited by Hawk24

You can really tell who plays what in these threads. Carebares want another Left 4 Dead were we all work together, CoD Kiddies want to run around like an immortal, bullet soaking spastic and those that like stealth games and mil sims are happy as it is.

Edited by PoisonedAl

Well they are both "Anti-Material" Rifles, and seeing there are vehicles in the game and the huge area of land in game then yes i find them an essential piece of kit

Just quoting this because a bunch of morons obviously missed it.

Its the answer to the thread question.

There is nothing more to say.

No sniper rifle should be OHK unless it's a headshot or fired at very close range, 50cals should have slow firing rate and 5 round mag max.

The weapons list needs a revision IMO.

Well they are both "Anti-Material" Rifles, and seeing there are vehicles in the game and the huge area of land in game then yes i find them an essential piece of kit.

Rubbish, vehicles can't shoot back and normal firearms still damage them.

Just quoting this because a bunch of morons obviously missed it.

Its the answer to the thread question.

There is nothing more to say.

but realistically though how many ppl use it for this purpose? i would say less than 10% of people do.

but realistically though how many ppl use it for this purpose?

Who cares? It's a sandbox

Nobody is telling anyone how and against who he is supposed to use his weapon

• Like 1