Sign in to follow this  
harken (DayZ)

Please wipe all servers of items, tents and vehicles

We all need a fresh start. Things have gotten past the point of stupidity. Tents are everywhere with uber military grade items that respawn every 6 hours (reset). Vehicles are hoarded by clans or hidden off the map and every second noob is running around with an AS50, not to mention the amount of hacked in items.

Please wipe and restart from scratch.

• Like 9

There's no point until duping is fixed. Duping can't be fixed in the mod, only in standalone. Not to mention all the hackers who can just spawn items in non-stop for all their friends. Same with vehicles.

It sucks, it really does, but there's really not a lot that can be done about it.

• Like 2

There is no point doing it now, when the duping/spawning items issue is fixed or when the game goes standalone (whichever comes first) I can gurrantee this is already going to happen

So you...

Want us to delete everything that actually legitmate people worked hard for

And spent many hours looting.

just to wipe it all?

• Like 2

Lost my helo yesterday. Server reset. Many tears flew. Today I have a deep depression.

Do you really want that?

We all need a fresh start. Things have gotten past the point of stupidity. Tents are everywhere with uber military grade items that respawn every 6 hours (reset). Vehicles are hoarded by clans or hidden off the map and every second noob is running around with an AS50, not to mention the amount of hacked in items.

Sounds like you need a fresh start. So go kill yourself and start again. I've been alive for 30 days and worked hard to ge the gear I have. Why should I be punished because of script kiddies or dupers?

You shouldnt be punished but once the duping is fixed it needs and will be done, you should understand that, doing it now is pointless though since the dupers will just dupe everything again be back to where they were in a day, while it will be a lengthy process for the legitimate players to recoup what took them weeks the first time.

Edited by smasht_AU

So you...

just to wipe it all?

yes. but as many others said, there's no sense in it because it's still possible to hack/dupe.

This would only be worth the trouble if duping was fixed, since it isn't wiping it now won't change a thing because with 48h it will be back to the same as it is now.

All legit players will lose their gear, hackers will just spawn in ammo crates with enough guns to outfit their whole clan in 5 seconds.

#

go onto a new server. simple, then horde the stuff you find, cos you will, we all do..

Bad idea until duping is fixed in both the tent and clothing manner.

Also hackers.

So you...

just to wipe it all?

Its an alpha mod to be tested. Wiping things wouldnt be such a bad idea.

And I was under the impression that duping could never be totally fixed.

So you...

just to wipe it all?

Rule #1 - Dont get to attached to your gear.

• Like 2

No if the duping wont get fixed. If it gets fixed, then yes! Weapons grow in the trees at the moment and everyone has an access to endless streams of AS50's and huge piles of ammo just by duplicating it. Dont get attached to your gear. And I bet most of the players gear isnt 'legit'.

Edited by Shaimou

Like others have said, no point doing it before duping and hacking are fixed.

There is small issue with wiping everything.

Wiping player data (the stuff you have on your character, in the bag) would be easy. DAYZ devs can just use few lines of SQL and it be done.

Wiping tents/cars/other player made stuff(sand bags, wire etc) on the other hand they cant control. That data is kept only on the server that it is in. It would mean, that the devs would have to force server owners to wipe that data.

Because dayz is mod atm, it wouldnt matter much anyways. People who duped the gear before, will do so again, people who hacked illegal weapons/cars whatever in the game, will do so again. i think the period, where high end stuff is very rare, wouldnt last more than a few days.

Tents should be wiped and reset at the very least. I didn't mean we lose all the gear we are holding on our toons.

^ This is a good idea.

Why is vehicle hoarding by clans a problem? If they are doing it legitly there's nothing wrong. The fact they are moving in a large group isn't exploiting - it's cooperation.

Additonally you don't have any arguments to wipe the tents except for duping which isn't convincing enough. Tents aren't private, you can go search for them (most are on the north border of the map or moderately far from good-loot cities/objects) and take what's inside them.

As for the duping, this is too radical. Legit players get harmed too which means it's bad. Maybe if people stop asking Rocket for new features and let him fix duping this game will be better for all of us.

Also I'm pretty sure that this can be done by server admins.

As someone said, this is an ALPHA MOD for PUBLIC TESTING and for SUBMITTING BUG REPORTS.

This is NOT the real game.

Of course we still want to have fun and we do, but shouldn't forget the facts above.

A server wipe of tents and an update to disable them is a great idea that would hinder A LOT of duping.

So you...

just to wipe it all?

I'm not that bothered by it. I've spent hours on this too and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to know that a huge flaw in the system has been removed - but they need to remove the tents until they're fixed, not wipe the servers clean, otherwise everything you found becomes instantly worthless the moment you stick it into a tent.

I would just like the tents to be fixed. Don't want a fucking dog or anything else til lthe tents get fixed and you can keep ur stuff in, they won't dupe and yiou can place them almost anywhere without having to spend an hour moving slightly, pitch tent, moving slightly, pitch...