Dr Wasteland MD

The Coalition - Changing the Culture of DayZ

Well, 97th ADU plays on AU27, our home server.

You're welcome to play on that.

• Like 1

Well, 97th ADU plays on AU27, our home server.

You're welcome to play on that.

ok, thanks.

As when I read about the Coalition and all this, I thought "FINALLY!! Finally someone else who wants to play the game like I do", but I've yet to see any servers mentioned where these similar spirits might be. Even the coalition seems pretty much dead so... was it all talk anyway? I hope the hackers didn't ruin all the attempts at making something bigger for DayZ than just killing random strangers..

And if they're scared that bandits will come on their server where friendlies are needed.. well.. who cares? Every server now is filled with people who shoot on sight so at least the friendly people would know to gather on a same server and we MIGHT get some experiences were we meet a stranger and NOT get killed... I mean.. that'd be pretty damn amazing, but so far very unlikely, at least from what I've experienced :P

Edit: Oh and to add, just yesterday I thought that it'd actually be cool to WISH for seeing another living soul in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. But nope, as I run around the server, I'm deadly afraid of seeing anyone else and that's just unrealistic, to be honest. I'd sure like that to change some time in the future.

Edited by sarcasm83

I was just on their server with Roadkill, and they fell off of roofs to let me get the 800 humanity I needed to be a Hero :D

Really nice people, these guys.

• Like 1

Do you guys do transportation for a stranded survivor?

There are no cars on the server, but I have a car that I can get you in so you can get there faster.

Fort Haven (Probationary Member of the Coalition) are now open for private trade,

I will be dealing with all requests VIA PM for the time being.

When we will be fully open to the public depends on how well this trail period goes.

Thanks for your support guys.

Edited by {ForH} RoadKill

Do you guys do transportation for a stranded survivor?

If you're stranded on an island, I can help you with that...

I too would like a list of Coalition affiliate servers.

I guess I can filter for the Clan names listed in this thread, and hope some of them put their names in the server title....

• Like 1

I too would like a list of Coalition affiliate servers.

I guess I can filter for the Clan names listed in this thread, and hope some of them put their names in the server title....

Yeah, I haven't seen a single player who was friendly during my 60+ hours.

(Except the people who I've decided to meet through a forum, but that's not the same thing..)

I'd like to be on a server where there's even a CHANCE there are people who will not shoot me when they see me as I DO NOT shoot people if I see them.. Like I said; It doesn't really hurt mentioning servers as every server is already filled with people who shoot on sight, so it'd be nice to know some servers that the less than 10% of players use who'd like to play friendly. Even on a server with only a few people I seem to get killed. It's gone to the point where I almost would prefer to play the game alone.. (but ofcourse that would take away the excitement and constant doubt of being seen.) Just getting old that I keep immersing myself to the game for days, just to be shot dead with no communication from anyone, ever, for no reason, in a stupid way, because _I_ hoped for company instead of circling any living thing from far away. I'd like to team up with some people or even been surveying people and thought "hmm, I wonder if he'd like some help" but no, it's just too damn risky and everyone always starts throwing some bullets my way just for considering helping them.

I've even been killed by people who I had been watching for a while and it was pretty obvious I could've taken the shot to kill them, but I didn't... and they repay that by shooting me >:( I mean dude, if I see you running for 5 minutes around a huge open plain and then you get so close you crawl next to me; I'm not HOSTILE. But yeah, shoot me... I don't mind. It's either you or me and I haven't killed anyone so ofc it's me then... Hey, I'm just playing the game to die for your pleasure, feel free to end it, even if you're geared so that you don't actually need anything. I had only been alive for a damn week and you ended everything for nothing. Thanks <3

Bumming me out, that in the middle of a zombie apocalypse the people still alive are killing the HEALTHY people rather than the zombies ;I At least the realism and immersion to that particular scenario is 100% screwed in the game as it's clear no one on the servers are co-operating unless they've planned for it a month on a DayZ forum.

Starting to wonder why I'm even playing this game, to be honest... it's nothing but running around, working towards something bigger than mindless pvp killing and then being killed by a hacker, bug or a guy who thinks this is Call of Duty (and obviously is not playing the game with any sort of immersion).

I guess I just see far more potential and so much other possibilities in the game than PvP, but at least alone it's a pointless effort. I guess I need to join a faction of Coalition then?

Anyway, really hoping you guys could get something off the ground and give the game some damn depth ASAP as .. I'm a patient guy and I've been killed alot of times after being alive for a LOOOONG time and I haven't yet ragequit or anything, but it is becoming pretty damn pointless and I either need to start killing everyone to get some entertainment (and I know of better games dedicated just for that) or really find some people who play more like me.

Edited by sarcasm83
  • Like 1

I am a Founding Leader over at the multi-gaming clan, Never Stand Alone (NSA). We've organized a DayZ member base and I was wondering if you guys would be up for letting a new organization into the Coalition. We all personally hate bandits and would love the idea of a policed and organized Chernarus. What you people are doing is revolutionizing more than just DayZ, but how people play games, and NSA wants to be a part of that.

PM me if you'd be interested.

Thank you for your time.

As a friendly solo survivor, I'd love the chance to come into some sort of civilization from time to time, especially for the purposes of trade and grouping up for gear hunting. It gives me the distinct vibe of STALKER, and that kind of thing is precisely what DayZ needs in my opinion. Some idea of when and where these safe zones will be would be awesome.

• Like 2

Howdy folks!

I would love to be part of this organization! Cba to read all the comments tho, can someone tell me how that will be possible?

I would love to cover the patrols tho, my AS50 and L85 are ready for some bandit killing and tracking!

Keemik

edit: aye, never mind, none are accepting my age.

Edited by PandaBear

Hello Coaltion and fellow DayZ players,

We are Pirate Gaming (formerly The Pirates of Chernarus, part of the Coalition http://dayzmod.com/f... ... e-of-dayz/) and I am here today to invite you to the most unique experiences on DayZ out there. We call it RvB (or Red vs Blue or Coke Vs Pepsi) and welcome everyone to our server. I am leader of the Red/Coke team, I will try to explain what we have done in finer detail...

We used to host a public hive Chernarus server called LU 1. At first it was very popular, plenty of people would join and we would be hitting max players on the server consistently. Due to script kids ruining the fun for absolutely everyone, across all servers, our numbers dwindled and by the end of it all there were only clan members left online. This wasn't good, the game was stagnating and the rest of our clan were getting bored with itchy trigger fingers. With these numbers at an all time low, the admins got worried and formulated a plan to breathe some new life into DayZ without ruining the meta game for regular public players.

A new thread appears on our forum: "RvB signup" along with another thread explaining the rules if you do sign up. Most of the group is in on this and are put into either Red or Blue (we have neutrals for clan members who want to get on with everyone). Along with that we are placed into a seperate secret forums that only your team can see so you can discuss your 'evil plans' and discuss tactics and vehicle sightings. The server that we are using is a Private Hive server, running a customised version of DayZ Lingor Island. We had tried some of the other maps but in all honesty, Lingor was the most preffered by the majority. I have compiled a list of the basic principles of the server and its environment, its far easier to read than a block of text:

What our players get once in RvB:

- Get tagged: Participants of RvB get a [RED] or [bLUE] tag after their ingame alias.

- Logos: Players can see the team logo when inspecting the player list. When a vehicle is under ownership of a faction, the car gets also gets a logo of that team.

- Bases: Access to your teams base that is safe from other RvB players. The opposing team and neutral players are to keep 1km away from the enemy base.

- The teams: Each team has a colourful set of different personalities, we recruit genuine players into the clan who love the game for what it is.

- New dimension of PvP: we get a lot of interclan rivalry and fight Red vs Blue rather than us outnumbering the public players.

What's on the server:

- Hacker protection: The server is protected by some of the latest anti cheat code. Some may get away from the automatic detection but we have ways of scanning the logs quickly to do a daily banning of scripters.

- Regular events: The admins will host random events which can range from a supply drop with rare loot, a VIP style mission where the admins play the part of the captors, demolition derby at one of the racetracks, arranged ambushes and so much more... we have had a lot of ideas of what we can do for an event.

- Private hive: means you will not see players 'ghost' around you. This also means that we have far more control over everything in game whereas the standard servers are very restrictive.

- Balanced loot tables and vehicle spawns: The loot spawns have been rehashed a bit as in Lingor there is an abundance of Alice Packs and M4A1 CCOs and hardly ever any generic loot. The loot spawns have been greatly levelled out to match Chernarus so that weapons are actually worth their weight in gold now.

- ALL BARBED WIRE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM OUR SERVER: Yes, you heard that correctly, we have no barbed wire on our server as it caused more problems than it really should of (graphical glitches, players spamming buildings with the stuff and also it's hated by everyone).

- Custom admin software: One of the admins has been developing an admin tool to view server statistics, detect hacking and fix any problems as they happen, it was an open source application made by someone else but it was clunky and crap so they have rebuilt it.

How the clan operates:

- We have a strict no KOS policy with public players. This means that we have a duty to actually call you out over microphone before making any decision about your demise. We absolutely 100% do not shoot anyone that is unarmed, this is an important rule that we follow as it means that public players can have a chance to meet us instead of fearing us.

- We have a recruitment process. Getting through the initial phase is easy if you at least get to speak to a few of us. Once voted in, you are a probationary member. To become a full member you need to really get to know everyone.

- We have a Zero tolerance to hacking. We have permanentely banned countless players from our server who thought they could get away with their scripts. A couple of members have been caught out in the act too and they were swiftly removed from the clan and banned from everything we host.

We have the above rules so that our members (and also anyone deciding to join us) on the server actually have fun instea dof raging over hacking or other asshattery.

Our Teamspeak server does not have a password so please make yourself at home.

Server details:

Teamspeak: ts.tpoc.co.uk

Dayz Server: DayZLingor - LU1 (0.34/97361) [REGULAR|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-4] - Pirate Gaming Server #1

DayZ server IP: 87.106.252.53:2302

All of this is in an effort to bring in new ideas and try them out. The results so far have been amazing and the feedback we have had from other clans have been very positive. We welcome any ideas the DayZ community would have plus we can take a bit of constructive criticism.

Please come and join us on the server to check out what the RvB is all about, maybe even get in on one of the events.

We look forward to seeing you guys there. Please feel free to ask me any questions at all.

[PG] NetKiller - Red team leader

• Like 2

Can I surgest setting up hospitals as hospitals,churches and churches/court houses,air fields as military bases,devils castle as an out post along with other out posts like the tiny island off the coast and the large open areas an rooftops could be used for tent city storage surrounded with tank traps barbed wire and sand bags to stop someone in. Car running the supply's over

I have nothing against "...protecting the average survivor...", sounds great. However, what causes me concern is when those same "policing" forces start denying me access to food, water, and land, and shooting at me, unless I play by their rules and not my own. I know and trust my own code of ethics, not those of strangers.

That said, I've always suported your and your colleagues' medic work for its "Medicins sans frontiers" approach, Dr Wasteland. Though I'm not sure I'm looking for a government and its police force in dayz. Personally, I would tread very slowly and carefully towards such an idea.

On a separate note, I don't think it is just scripterkiddies who have lowered numbers on servers. I think PvPkiddies are problem too.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

I like this idea, I was going to try to start a clan with this same purpose, but Ive decided Ill more than likely join one of the clans already involved.

Edited by Chronos Blackburn

Removed

Edited by Ryeboy
Don't want to be associated with this forum.

When i get ARMA II and Dayz I am going to enjoy ambushing their convoys, Stealing food supplies, pillaging their territories,teaming up and going solo to defeat them.

The coalition is a good idea though, it will make dayz more fun with an actual government and a chance for people to do something that has meaning and effects the nature of the server, like say if i ambushed a food supply convoy and caputred the food, then there food supply for the town it was going to go to will be crippled. The coalition just gives more ways for people to troll because it effects the whole server.

cant wait to get dayz and have fun with the coalition.

I'm pretty sure it has almost died out by now...

When i get ARMA II and Dayz I am going to enjoy ambushing their convoys, Stealing food supplies, pillaging their territories,teaming up and going solo to defeat them.

The coalition is a good idea though, it will make dayz more fun with an actual government and a chance for people to do something that has meaning and effects the nature of the server, like say if i ambushed a food supply convoy and caputred the food, then there food supply for the town it was going to go to will be crippled. The coalition just gives more ways for people to troll because it effects the whole server.

cant wait to get dayz and have fun with the coalition.

It's over.

Coalition died a few months after its creation due to the drop in Dayz players, I plan to bring it back for Dayz Standalone but this time around I won't allow it to be shanghaied by some people who decided to take the credit for my idea.

Coalition died a few months after its creation due to the drop in Dayz players, I plan to bring it back for Dayz Standalone but this time around I won't allow it to be shanghaied by some people who decided to take the credit for my idea.

P.S. I have to give credit to CQF's RedFaction for coming up with this idea. It is truly the next great thing to happen in DayZ.

Credit was given where credit was due.