Dr Wasteland MD

The Coalition - Changing the Culture of DayZ

Along with Wasteland MD and Freeside, we are happy to say that no other organization can match our potential. We are recruiting for the CQF, check out our thread. I can't wait to see what this will lead to

If you really think about it, an operating society in the middle of a zombie and bandit wasteland is perfect. Can you imagine people freely wandering the streets of a small town? Making camp in the area, then going to the store to pick up some extra coke and beans for chow? When they need a medic, "911" is only a few meters away. In trouble? Call the police, the CQF and Pirates. A pure cordonned off area for people to operate in.

However, what we need is......numbers. We need numbers in all units. I can say that we are actively recruiting and looking for active players (not just from DayZ)

So come on by and join in, the Russian Security Zone has deemed this a top priority.

{CQF}LTC Johnny Still

Edited by {CQF}Johnny
  • Like 9

A bold move I must say.

Personally, I think this is an awesome undertaking for you guys. Like, really cool. It's nice to see players coming together to try and make the experience more than it is right now. Due to the base mechanics of a mod like DayZ, I have no doubt you're going to have an incredibly difficult time getting the project off the ground, but I really do wish you all the best :)

Who knows, could be the start of something big?

I think the difficulty of getting something like this going is what will make it so fun.

Once it gets going and we have some turf, it'll give the bandits and greifers something to do besides picking off fresh spawns, which is better for Dayz imo.

Thanks to the boys for getting this organized, excited to be part of the challenge!

• Like 3

Awesome.

Is there a master list of servers where you will patrol?

I wouldn't mind playing on a map with a police presence.

Anything to tip the balance away from the bandits is welcome to this lone wolf.

Your mission directly supports and encourages my game play style, and for that, you have my beans.

• Like 2

Awesome.

Is there a master list of servers where you will patrol?

I wouldn't mind playing on a map with a police presence.

Anything to tip the balance away from the bandits is welcome to this lone wolf.

We're working on operating on the CQF servers, but right now we really just wanted to inform the community that The Coalition is happening. Keep tabs on this thread for further information on servers and member organizations.

• Like 2

The Sins of Man would def be interested in joining The Coalition. We are 20 members strong and growing rapidly. the link to my site is in my sig. Even though the instructions are in your OP i am not quite how to sign up.

Edited by Gary_Coleman

Do you think you can Hop on the CQF Teamspeak? If your group is interested come talk to me.

This sounds fantastic. Can't wait to group up with some coalition members for patrol or events or whatever. This medic will be ready.

This sounds like quite an interesting idea. Are there particular servers in which the coalition is likely to be basing? If so what kind of deployment of forces (peacekeeping AND military) are we talking about?

I would be happy to help support such an effort.

Just some thoughts.

1. Are you planning on having patrols near towns or solely near Coalition bases?
  2. Are you planning on having military forces support medical support forces who are entering dangerous locations?
  3. Are you planning on having static deployment around certain landmarks with constant patrols or are you just planning on sending forces to eliminate player killers?
  4. How are you planning on keeping the peace? Are you relying on reports from players? Are you using a ask first, shoot later policy or are you shooting on sight on all bandits? What about people who are given murders in self defence? (killing a newly spawned bandit who is trying to kill someone again?)
  5. Are you recruiting leaders or tactical officers to organise patrols or are you relying on chance?

This sounds like quite an interesting idea. Are there particular servers in which the coalition is likely to be basing? If so what kind of deployment of forces (peacekeeping AND military) are we talking about?

I would be happy to help support such an effort.

Just some thoughts.

1. Are you planning on having patrols near towns or solely near Coalition bases?
  2. Are you planning on having military forces support medical support forces who are entering dangerous locations?
  3. Are you planning on having static deployment around certain landmarks with constant patrols or are you just planning on sending forces to eliminate player killers?
  4. How are you planning on keeping the peace? Are you relying on reports from players? Are you using a ask first, shoot later policy or are you shooting on sight on all bandits? What about people who are given murders in self defence? (killing a newly spawned bandit who is trying to kill someone again?)
  5. Are you recruiting leaders or tactical officers to organise patrols or are you relying on chance?

1. We plan to secure as much as Chernaraus as we can, having patrols, aswell as responding to Bandit activity.

2. Yes if it required, medic's may have bodyguards.

3. Fixed bases will be set up, along with active patrols.

4. Too keep the peace we will do a number of things, A black list of known bandit groups and bandits. Reports from players on our servers by keeping certain Teamspeaks public in which you can give out any information. We will keep using the Ask questions first policy when responding, only firing if fired apon, or if they are known bandits.

5. Recruitment of Coalition members is going through their respective groups, So i would say no at this time, unless the Coalition starts to recruit a standing force from players or member groups.

At CQF we already have ranks in place for our patrol leaders, NCO's/Officers etc, and they will be stepping up to help.

Brilliant idea, anything to give us noobs a little less to worry about whole out there in the wild. :)

Great work by all concerned, let's make Chernarus a better place. We've got enough to deal with just having to survive, not to mention the zombies that couldn't care less about The Coalition. But that's what makes it fun. And we'll still have bandits, no question about that ... but we can make their life harder, and their survival less profitable.

As a Trusted Medic of the Wasteland I'm in ...

Joe

awesome idea. i hope you can make this real!

This sounds awesome guys! As a fairly new medic (recruited last week), this will add yet another aspect in the game to make it better than ever. One thing that would make this much easier (which we have no control over) is some sort of party system, or 'Team' on the server you would be on. Like most RPGs or something, that might show location (if the player has a map/gps) health status, and as well as showing friendly when seeing one of your teammates from a distance.

Either way, I can't wait to get put on some missions with all groups/clans involved.

Jeebs!... It's BRILLIANT!

Yea, we will be active on certain servers, this will be determined hopefully after the first meeting. We will make sure the public knows.

Sounds good guys, but are you really going to ban bandits just for being bandits? Hunt them down if you can sure, but 'blacklisting' known bandits? Not cool, unless I misread that part.

Sounds good guys, but are you really going to ban bandits just for being bandits? Hunt them down if you can sure, but 'blacklisting' known bandits? Not cool, unless I misread that part.

They decide how they want to play the game, so there is no "just for being bandits". There are bandits and bandit clans that hunt our member lists, so why is it unfair that we retaliate?