GiggityGump

First Kill ... and Murder (and I'm not happy about it)

SO...

I just got my first player kill, and murder.

I didn't want to kill the guy. Dammit there were only 2 of us on the server at this point. I never even thought I'd see another player. I decided to check out the Balota Airfield's control tower on my way out of the area, hoping to find some ammo for my AK mainly. I hear zombies aggro and turn to see a player walk in the door a few meters behind me. He had no weapons. I figured that I'd be nice and let him have anything he found in the airfield, so I just left.

I turn around and scan behind with my binocs at the eastern tree line hoping to see absolutely nothing. There he is halfway through the clearing following me. I play alone, for now. I might play with friends later, but for now I'm alone. I just run away figuring he'll tire out or get the point, but no. I fired a warning shot over his head. He still follows. I shoot him in the gut to make my point. He just stops and bleeds. I even go as far as being nice enough to bandage him before I run away. In retrospect, I should have left him there to bandage himself or bleed out. He followed. I fire more shots in warning. He follows, then drops prone beside me and plays the 80's song "Somebody's Watching Me" in direct coms. I just run off be he keeps taunting, so I fire another couple shots, and he doesn't stop. I fire one more and ... OOPS. Headshot. +1 Murder. Humanity dropped to the 840's. Yay. I can't say that I really feel bad. Other than the fact that I had a brain fart and didn't say anything in chat (text I mean), I did give warnings and did what I thought would make it clear that I didn't want anyone following me or bringing unwanted attention to me. I'm pretty sure that the first shot would've been enough to warn me off. I guess the guy had no gear, so he had nothing to lose.

Oh well.

*edit: added a line that I meant to type but got sidetracked by TV.

Edited by GiggityGump
  • Like 1

The only murders I ever get are on my own group. Why do the best shots always have to be on your own team mates? lol

• Like 2

Thats a long story dude... mine would have ended just after "turn to see a player walk in door"

Certainly wouldnt be feelin sorry for this cat.

• Like 3

As soon as you mentioned 80's music ..farrrrk, thats worse than the Jason dude.. Broken legs were needed once that shit starts. Good job on the headshot though..

Eh, the guy didn't even have a hatchet, so I left him alone at first. I won't next time. Annoying little shits. I'll keep broken legs in mind from now on. ;)

WHAT!? I Would have loved that guy following me around blasting that song, it's an experience, gotta have fun man. Guys I run into shoot at me INSTANTLY doesn't matter if they even have just an axe they'l chase me until I pop them in the leg and watch them crawl. I've only got 2 murders in this game, ever. I must be lucky, probably something like 12+ bandit kills total, all through I mean.

I actually stopped once and thought about giving the guy a gun just to give him a hand, but as soon as I stopped he opened my bag without saying anything. That's when I gave the first warning. Shortly after, he was dead.