madkowa@gmail.com

DayZ Anti-Hax - a very simple server-side console application for automatically banning hackers in DayZ

someone needs to continue the work on this project. its to good to let die

I do not know how scripting in Arma works and how it is used in DayZ. But i have a question - why you make database of illegal scripts? I imagine what it should be more productive to make database of valid scripts (RegExp can be used) and then ban everything what is not in it.

Or I missed something?

The set of "bad" scripts intersects with the set of "good" scripts, which makes the type of detection I believe you're describing very difficult. If it was just the matter of filtering out the "bad" things and leaving the "good" or filtering out everything that isn't "good", this tool wouldn't be very useful at all; the problem is it is hard to determine what is "good" and what is "bad". I hope that made sense. It sounded a lot better in my head.

I run a private hive and have been using your tool. I recently installed an anti-cheat fsm to my mission file which appears to have ejected me from my helo when I flew over the border. Subsequently, DayZ Anti-Hax banned me and loaded my GUID into the community banfile. How do I get this removed?

Nevermind, i got myself off - missed a second remote exec hit in the log.

I'm glad to hear you managed to unban yourself and I'm sorry the process is rather annoying. Do note though that DayZ Anti-Hax does not submit/push bans to the DayZ Community Banlist, it simply receives/pulls them, so being banned from a server running DayZ Anti-Hax alone (including your own) does not necessarily and, in fact, does not at all mean your GUID was added to the DayZ Community Banlist.

someone needs to continue the work on this project. its to good to let die

Frankly, I'd rather see some of DayZ Anti-Hax's features rolled up into BattlEye...at least the ability to ban players for suspected hacks instead of just preventing them from executing and kicking the offending player. That would make development of this tool significantly easier and the solution a lot cleaner.

GreyEcho,

I never really looked closely at the code but do you remove and re-add all the dayz community ban list entries? The reason I ask is because they do in fact UN-BAN people from that list from time to time. If you aren't then that means people are still banned when they shouldn't be.

BE really needs to support is multiple ban files as well. bans.txt, bans1.txt, bans2.txt etc. That way you can pull in external sources without mucking up your own bans.txt file. bec could dump their bans to bans1.txt. DayZ anti-hax bans2.txt, dayZ community ban list bans3.txt, etc etc.

GreyEcho,

I never really looked closely at the code but do you remove and re-add all the dayz community ban list entries? The reason I ask is because they do in fact UN-BAN people from that list from time to time. If you aren't then that means people are still banned when they shouldn't be.

BE really needs to support is multiple ban files as well. bans.txt, bans1.txt, bans2.txt etc. That way you can pull in external sources without mucking up your own bans.txt file. bec could dump their bans to bans1.txt. DayZ anti-hax bans2.txt, dayZ community ban list bans3.txt, etc etc.

I actually do not automatically unban folks who were at one time banned on the DayZ Community Banlist, but that feature was planned -- and the solution would be rather easy. Again though, my time is limited as of late and my own server is likely going down sometime this month for a while, which makes development of this solution quite difficult.

That multi-bans.txt solution sounds great and would certainly save everyone a lot of headaches...

GreyEcho can you please add updates to make it work with setdamage.txt, setpos.txt, and publicvariable.txt? If you could just allow us to pick what to look for that would be great. If not what do you use to compile your C# code?

Edit: GreyEcho do you mind if I make updates myself? I already got it to ban for setdamage = 1.00000 and teleported = true.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

GreyEcho can you please add updates to make it work with setdamage.txt, setpos.txt, and publicvariable.txt? If you could just allow us to pick what to look for that would be great. If not what do you use to compile your C# code?

Edit: GreyEcho do you mind if I make updates myself? I already got it to ban for setdamage = 1.00000 and teleported = true.

I am indeed busy and unable to tackle any of this right now, but I am more than willing to add you as an administrator of the project on Google Code so you can make your own commits and submit your own zipped-up downloads for people to enjoy. Private message me with your primary email address, ideally a gmail one, and we can discuss this further. Thanks.

You can only run this program on unmanaged servers.

Not entirely true; if the managed server provider is willing to have an instance of the parser run on a per-server basis, which is certainly possible, then it can be done. The problem is some providers don't understand this or simply aren't willing to do so.

I have just updated the source, binaries, and zip. FWIW, I've stepped in to help with the updates. Version 0.6 is live. It has been split into a class library as well to support the two interfaces - a command line and a GUI. The GUI is sparse right now, but the foundation is laid for more.

Latest update includes publicvariable scanning, setdamage scanning, and integration with the RCON utility BattleNET. https://github.com/ziellos2k/BattleNET

• Like 2

I have just updated the source, binaries, and zip. FWIW, I've stepped in to help with the updates. Version 0.6 is live. It has been split into a class library as well to support the two interfaces - a command line and a GUI. The GUI is sparse right now, but the foundation is laid for more.

Latest update includes publicvariable scanning, setdamage scanning, and integration with the RCON utility BattleNET. https://github.com/ziellos2k/BattleNET

WOW! awesome :D

When i run "DayZAntiHax_Cmd" i get an error and the application closes.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DayZAntiHax.

Process' from assembly 'DayZAntiHax, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey

Token=null'.

at DayZAntiHax.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Like 1

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DayZAntiHax.

Process' from assembly 'DayZAntiHax, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey

Token=null'.

at DayZAntiHax.Program.Main(String[] args)

He is missing his own assembly "DayZAntiHax".

Guess you need to wait for him to upload it.

• Like 1

He is missing his own assembly "DayZAntiHax".

Guess you need to wait for him to upload it.

Which would explain why the GUI version doesnt work :D

Looks like the downloadlink isnt correct?

The file i downloaded is 168kb.. description is 213kb.

Same error

Edited by itsmee

Works fine here, assembly is in the zip now.

weird must have been a cache issue.

working now :D

uhhh, stop the Global Chat spam. With antihacks and gotcha... its alot of spam

Edited by nohrt

Alright it seems to be disconnecting and re-logging in ever minute. I have the parsingFrequency set to 60, but even so it doesnt remain a constant connection to the server and keeps relogging in every 60 seconds and then spamming "This server protected by DayZ AntiHax"

Yeah, the spam is annoying. I''ll add a frequency value in the config. I'll also change the connection mechanism. I'm currently connecting every-time I have a message. That seems bad now that I've run Several thousand cycles.

UPDATED to Version 0.7.

Fixed:

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Unnecessary RCON Disconnections and Connections

Added:

Filter File Download from community ban list

Filter FIle URL can be customized (to support users running beta servers)

Filter File Download can be disabled **Enabled by default**

Can disable Protected by AntiHax Message

Can change frequency of AH Message

Working on:

Active file monitoring - no more polling - ban 'em when they do it.

Adding automatic IP ban - to ensure someone doesn't use another GUID

More GUI features for both Command Line and GUI - such as download status (bytes etc.) and AH statistics (# local bans, community bans, Admin Bans)

• Like 1

What all does 0.7 do when it interacts with the server via RCon (apart from showing its advert)? Does it reload the ban list and filters? Anything else? Also, is it redownloading every filter file plus the DCBL on every log check, or at a lower frequency (as per my, zcallear's, comment about the frequency here: http://code.google.c.../detail?id=6#c4)?

Edited by Mister_Magotchi