Sign in to follow this  
Gerby

Sad day: Respawned with all my gear on the beach.

I was just joining a server and then suddenly I spawned at the beach with all my stuff. I walked for 3 minutes and I got shot by some camping bandit. Im not here to cry, but its still a bummer. I need to get started again, but could anyone give me a bit of advice? Im sorta a noob but I died with quite good gear. It just took ages to get. Can anyone help me getting back in that position with weapons/gear a little faster?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Yah, it seems to happen to me quite often, and I to clear up the doubts, I get spawned on the beach despite using the same ARMA II beta patch and DayZ version as the server. I was starting to think something si wrong with my character, so its little comforting knowing it is happening to other people lol

Yah, it seems to happen to me quite often, and I to clear up the doubts, I get spawned on the beach despite using the same ARMA II beta patch and DayZ version as the server. I was starting to think something si wrong with my character, so its little comforting knowing it is happening to other people lol

Haha you died too?

I am sort of waiting for someone to pop my skull, been alive for awhile now and i am missing the madness of not having anything.

Somebody mentioned yesterday, and I was able to test a bit last night, that the bug ports you if you try to load a server and quit Arma2 when hung on loading. I recreated the bug a couple times. Sucks you died due to it though. I usually stay way out in the country and minimize my urban adventures. Since the patch and being sent coastward I've been killed more than all the weeks prior.

Happened to me today, spawned passed out just outside cherno with my MK 48 mod and after waiting 5 minutes i got kicked. Joined again to see me passed out again for another 5 minutes and this was on a server with 40/50 people.

Tips?: Spawn in low pop server, run for Stary cause you can make it from the start without anything. Over there you got a supermarket + military tents.

Happened to us, too. We finally made it to the barracks, but we had horrible graphical

issues in this location ... so we thought "Let's just restart the game and join another server."

The game was stuck on "Loading" on different servers and finally we found another working

server, just to find out we were back on the beach with all our stuff, my friend also kind of

collapsed and had a hourglass.

Oh ... and the world was burning.

http://i.imgur.com/f5XXX.jpg

My friend saw the same city from another angle and said that the whole city was burning.

WTF?

Edited by grasmann

I spawned in today with nothing but my Alice pack. It sucks, it's alpha, it's time to run around like a mad man and blow off steam.

Edited by Pendragon

I was up in the woods, low on food and water. I had a water bottle, hatchet, matches, skinning knife, and meat, so no problem, right? I logged for the night, intending to deal with it tomorrow. I tried loading on to a few different servers, but got hung on the loading screen. I finally found a sever that I could load in to. Lo and behold, I was in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. My only then was to raid a city - with a sniper rifle and an M1911 - not exactly the best loadout. I ended up getting zombie raped. Sucks. I wouldn't have been in the situation in the first place if I hadn't gotten coast spawned.

Well, I'm probably done for today ... not the best advertisement for a standalone version ...

Well, shit, I'm hung on a loading screen right now. If I close ArmA 2 OA, I'm going to spawn on the beach? Can we get something where if the "Loading" screen takes more than ten minutes it automatically returns to menu?

yeah, prepare to run for the hill, cause you're starting back on the beach!

found that a couple times recently as well, managed to ninja my sweet ass back up to the safety of my lovely forest though. and then i killed the shit out of a standing corpse. started freaking out when he just wouldnt die...damn hacks.

Exactly, I was trying to join a low population server just to show the game to my friend for 10 minutes. Always when I join a server with less than 5 people in it, it hangs forever on Loading ...

Should I make a new topic about the hanging on Loading... forever when joining a low pop. server? It's driving me nuts.

Man...back in the day I had to crawl uphill both ways naked through Poison Ivy with a Billy Club shoved up my ass just to get from Electro to Cherno and back for gear. These kids these days...so spoiled.

If you get stuck at the loading screen, launch another instance of Arma and log into a server, then kill the first one and you won't spawn at the beach.

with some more information maybe we can find a way around this. for example, I'm using dayz cmdr and as of yesterday everything was up to date.

now I logged off in the town just south of the airfield. then the next day, logged n got stuck on the loading screen. when thia happens I usually hit ctrl+alt+del and start over. then I relogged and was at the coast.

however, a death later I decided to just say fuck it and do an elektro, cherno, and balota run in one night (seeing as I was a fresh spawn). I did this the cheap way (because my death prior was from logging into debug planes and auto dying and losing everything) so I kept rapidly hopping servers to avoid players.

and within an hour I must have logged onto over 30 servers to include ones where i had gotten stuck at loading, and I never restarted at the coast.

so perhaps if you log for the night, make sure you log onto a server you know that will load? speculation at this point as I've yet to try it.

also, make sure you verify your cache through steam after each update. this cab help keep down the number of load screens that you get stuck at...

A lot of times it's caused by version mismatches. If you have .5 installed and try to log into a .4 (or vice versa), you will almost always get stuck at the loading screen. I really wish they could at least make each version backwards compatible, but I'm sure that will come with time (the standalone more than likely).

This happens to me and my friend a lot, too.

We're playing dayz ver. 1.7.2.5 and Arma2 beta 95948 ... and we ALWAYS connect to

servers that say this specific versions "(1.7.2.5 / 95948)" .... so I'm pretty sure the problem

isn't on our end.

Verify the steam cache? I guess that doesn't matter at all. If it's the right version you should

be able to connect no matter what. I think it's just an error that happens on a sporadic base.

The odd thing is ... apparently you won't always be ported back to the beach. If I remember

right I had the game freeze more often than I was ported around. Once I was just ported

some km away, but not all the way back.

I guess it has something to do with standard positions on loading. Did you ever see a zombie

spawn right in front of you? Then it transformed to another zombie and was gone?

I'm assuming that somehow the character is positioned on a standard spawn point on

loading and then the position is updated to the one saved with your character, which is

unnecessary. So with the next update of dayz this should be fixed to port you directly to the

saved position and everything is fine.

Edited by grasmann