Sign in to follow this  
iReJambo

is it worth buying arma 2 combined operations now

hi, just wondering if its worth buying the arma 2 co at this stage because the standalone has been announced. i would be annoyed if the standalone released in september after paying for arma 2 but on the other hand i dont want to wait for a standalone that comes out eventually in like december. anyone have an idea when the standalone is out?

please dont go mad , if you dont want to help then please dont reply. thanks

I think you should get arma 2: CO just because its a great game. I usually have more fun with it than DayZ, and I can tell you this, I LOVE DayZ.

• Like 1

if you can afford it, buy it. It's a great games with and without the mods.

I think you should get arma 2: CO just because its a great game. I usually have more fun with it than DayZ, and I can tell you this, I LOVE DayZ.

im not going to lie , my only inncentive to buy arma 2 co is to play day z

It all depends! If you're going to play Arma II & OA, then yes. If you're going to help playtest DayZ, then yes. :P

with all the hackers lately. I've been playing more combined ops /British Armed Forces/Private military company,.

and i only bought combined ops to play DayZ but tbh..... limited sand box game gets a bit dull after you've spawned and ran north 20 times

yes, if you want to pay money for being killed by script-kiddies.

• Like 1

The answer to my question will answer your question:

Do you wish to play DayZ now, or later?

• Like 1

yes, if you want to pay money for being killed by script-kiddies.

#

are hackers a massive problem?

#

Not really. Its the forum that is.

Hello there

IMHO yes. I bought it before release in UK and played it in Czech for a few weeks until it was released over here. I still play it today.

Worth the pennies IMHO.

Perhaps try A2Free to see if it suits your playstyle.

Rgds

LoK

Being able to play DAYZ on CO is just a bonus.

Edited by orlok

Hello there

IMHO yes. I bought it before release in UK and played it in Czech for a few weeks until it was released over here. I still play it today.

Worth the pennies IMHO.

Perhaps try A2Free to see if it suits your playstyle.

Rgds

LoK

Being able to play DAYZ on CO is just a bonus.

i know this fact may irritate alot of people but the sole reason i want to buy it is for dayz

If you're in it just for DayZ, then I'd say "No, do NOT buy combined ops", DayZ standalone (Alpha I think) is slated for the end of 2012 (which is very well upon us) so you'd shed out 30 or so bucks for CO on Steam just to buy DayZ standalone again in a few months. Ontop of that, with all the hackers loose at the moment and a countless amount of bugs which need to be adressed I'd wait for the Standalone in order to get a more polished and better experience.

No telling exactly when standalone DayZ will be available. I got DayZ maybe two months ago, and the two months I played it have been well worth the purchase price. So I'd say go ahead and pick it up, there's 30 bucks' worth of DayZ between now and when the standalone comes out.

And I know you're mainly into DayZ, but Arma2 is worth a look, especially once you have it. If nothing else, fire up the armory and fly around in various helicopters and airplanes. It's a hoot, and driving in Arma, where stuff can be spawned at will, is the best way to practice for DayZ, where crashing costs you and your team hours of work.

I made a custom multiplayer map one time that was just a Laser-sighting UAV and a few aircraft with laser-guided weapons on them. My buddies and I just fired it up for a couple minutes here or there and had a blast bombing the hell out of whatever the UAV guy pointed at.

your gonna deal with hackers, your gonna deal with bugs your gonna deal with a lot of dying and frustration, but it is a highly rewarding game and addictive. I'm pretty sure that, that's why so many of us stick around. It's alpha and it is still being developed so eventually bugs wont be a problem, and hackers? It's PC they are always there. And you will have some epic moments, trust me they are bound to happen.

Edited by lawlbear

really want to play dayz

Dude just buy it. The standalone may not come out until Dec, maybe earlier who knows. The standalone may only cost $10, at worst $30. Combined with Arma:CO that would be a $60 game.

Just realize its a alpha mod and has problems. Its also extremely unforgiving and will take you weeks to get to really get feel comfortable with exactly how to play.

Me too i was saying 'i will buy arma 2 just for dayZ'

Then i realized how that game is amazing

And seriously, 10-15 dollars for the standalone game, it's nothing

And if you want to buy it, then buy it

Note : You can use the free version of arma 2 (available on steam, you search for arma 2 on steam, and click to 'download demo', in reality, it's not the demo, it's arma 2 with bad textures and sound). BUT if you use the free version of arma 2, you will have to BUY the extension (operation arrowhead)

So it will not be 30 dollarss, but 15 dollars, with bad textures and sounds.

i know this fact may irritate alot of people but the sole reason i want to buy it is for dayz

It's still awesome and you can have practice with the map and weapons if you play ArmA2. Maybe you'll even want to make your own mod.

And I know you're mainly into DayZ, but Arma2 is worth a look, especially once you have it. If nothing else, fire up the armory and fly around in various helicopters and airplanes. It's a hoot, and driving in Arma, where stuff can be spawned at will, is the best way to practice for DayZ, where crashing costs you and your team hours of work.

You can also fire up the editor and have anything you want.

#

Yes they are, sorry but anyone telling you otherwise is kidding themselves or playing on empty servers, expect to be turned into a dog, chicken, seagull, sheep, cow, teleported into the ocean or to the moon, vehicles and guns that don't even exist in DayZ being spawned, chased by invisible/invincible players, parachuting cows and you and the rest of the server to be sent to thunderdome (a purpose built death match arena from mad max where you must fight to the death) that being said, it's still a load of fun, at least some of them are creative: http://i.imgur.com/I3G21.jpg

Edited by smasht_AU

I bought the game just to play Dayz. Never even tried Arma 2 by itself. It's a lot of fun, and IMO, it's worth the $30 or so dollars to buy the game. Who knows how long it will be before the stand alone comes out, mine as well enjoy the game now. If you stick to lower populated servers, hackers are not an issue. I've never encountered a hacker in over a month of playing Dayz.

Also it gives you a bit of practice to be ahead of the curve for when the stand alone is released.

at least some of them are creative: http://i.imgur.com/I3G21.jpg

Weve got a or a few that really like to fuck with us. Opening doors and closing them, laying bear traps in walking paths of our camp, breaking legs, hoping in vehicles invisible so you cant get anyone else in. Its annoying, but the creative and less harmful ones do add something to the game youll never get anywhere else lol.

Not really. Its the forum that is.

Not really? You must have bin a very lucky guy then because I get fucked up in the arse by hackers almost every time