Sasquatcho

Wow this is awesome!!!

So I bought this game with great intentions of playing the mod, because i think this mod is fucking brilliant, well my PC pretty much runs any game on high settings, Battlefield, assassin's creed, Sniper, list goes on.....so why does my computer suddenly crash, sometimes its 5 mins in te game, 15, or even i get to play for an hour. My Asus G72GX laptop on the other hand is a pain in my god damn ass....but the mother fucker plays it with flying colors....what in te living shit is going on...its not over heating, not graphics problem obviously....dude someone help me, im raging so bad i wanna grab a hooker have sex and punch right in the mouth.....at least the mods could try and help...seems like they get a kick at us raging.

• Like 2

Post your specs, sounds unusual

Post your specs, sounds unusual

CPU:AMD Phenom 2 x6

MB:Asus M5A97

Graphics:GTX 560

Windows 7 Ult 64 bit

I mean my setup score from windows is a 7.7

shut up faggot, if you have nothing to contribute, dont respond in a thread with your childish games

install dayz commander and tell us what version of AO2 you have and also dayz m8 cheers

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Wel

LOL i have day z commander

Well you can tell me and others what version you are running to see if we can help :)

Help us to help you. You didn't give us a lot of information to go on.

Does Arma 2 OA run all right on your machine?

DayZ is buggy. Arma 2 runs like a dream for a lot of people who sometimes only see 10fps and have problems in DayZ. Check if the crashes occur in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, or if it's just DayZ.

Have you taken any steps to increase performance?

Try following these guides:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ix/#entry348601

http://www.reddit.co...w_fps_try_this/

You are running SLI and/or NVidia hardware?

In particular, pay attention to setting GPU_MaxFramesAhead and GPU_DetectedFramesAhead to one, as described in the reddit guide above.

Also, visit your NVidia control panel and find the settings for the Render Ahead Limit or Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames. Set it to zero (or one if no zero available as option). This configuration may help with SLI setups or poor performance.

Try enabling VSync.

Do you regularly kick the power button or reset your PC without shutting it down? Has it crashed or BSOD and had lots of unexpected restarts?

Error-check your hard disk. Right click your C: (Windows Boot Drive) in My Computer, choose Properties from the menu. Click on Tools and then Check Now.

Check the box for "Automatically fix file system errors" and the box "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors". This will take a long time.

Do you have lots of free RAM? Are you feeling adventurous?

Try running some of the DayZ files from a RAM Disk for added performance and an easier life for your hard disk.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ter-soft-reset/

Have you overclocked your CPU, RAM or Graphics Card?

Undo the overclock and see if the crashes go away.

Check your RAM for errors:- download Memtest86+ ISO and burn it to CD. Boot your PC off the Memtest86+ CD and let it run a few passes. Report back if you get any errors, they can be the cause of random BSODs and crashes.

Let us know if any of that works. Especially let us know if you get the crashes in plain ARMA2OA or only in DayZ.

Good luck.

Edit: you might want to try Piriform's Speccy - run it and upload your results, then post your results link here or send a PM so we can get a good look at your system.

Edited by tomfin
  • Like 2

Don't give me beans, i'm a nobody! Haven't even fixed it yet... ^_^

so tried all that and still no...so maybe its because my ram is about 8 gigs and my hard disk is slow? but how would that explain me me running high graphic games

so tried all that and still no...so maybe its because my ram is about 8 gigs and my hard disk is slow? but how would that explain me me running high graphic games

I have only 8 gb ram as well and run with no problems (well no crashing problems as you describe). The hdd might be the problem or at least part of it. From the reading I have done here and elsewhere the mod performance is heavily dependent on hard disk.

The game is just horribly optimized, I run it fine with high graphics but then when i sometimes join a server have < 10fps but if I restard the game and rejoin the same server its fine.

Also good luck ever getting help from a mod or dev, they barely ever respond. The support staff are terrible and I love this game, too bad it will probably die off cause I can never see it getting anywhere if they cant fix major bugs like logging in with no gear.

I have only 8 gb ram as well and run with no problems (well no crashing problems as you describe). The hdd might be the problem or at least part of it. From the reading I have done here and elsewhere the mod performance is heavily dependent on hard disk.

I believe you're right sir, the HDD is the problem, but it makes no sense on why i can run high graphic games, i mean my laptop even runs this game

I'm playing on Very High and 1366x738 3D on

4gb RAM

Pentium ® Dual-Core T440 (2,2GHz)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

so I'm surprised if it's your computer that can't handle the game. Sorry, but I don't really know what the problem is. :/

Lol, my specs

8 Gb ram @ 1866 MHz

AMD FX-6200 (4 GHz 6 core)

Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti Golden Sample

and I'm also having problems with the game, idk why, it's annoying, DayZ is bugged big time thx to last updates I suppose.

Like everyone is having texture bugs too now, I mean srsly wtf is going on, I'm also stuck with an hourglass on my screen so I can't play anymore AT ALL!

I've had a dig through your other forum posts and noticed you put a lot more info in some of your previous topics, specifically relating to a faulting xAudio2_4.DLL. This seems to be related to a soundcard supplied with some motherboards. Try this....

Go to your start menu, open Control Panel, and open the Sound control panel.

Right click on your output device (usually marked as Speakers and Default Device) and choose Properties.

sound1e.png

Click on the Advanced tab, and check the Default Format. Is it set to 24-bit, 96000Hz?

Change it to 24-bit, 48000Hz (Studio Quality) as shown in this image.

sound2h.png

Click on OK, and OK again to close these control panel windows. Now try Arma/DayZ again.

If that doesn't work, go back into the Sound control panel and retry that procedure with each of these settings - one at a time, in this order: 24-bit 44000Hz, 16-bit 48000Hz, 16-bit 44000Hz.

If this works then please, please, please report back that you had success, then maybe you could add this info to your previous topics so others know you found a solution.

If it doesn't work I'll see you back here again later. ;)

Don't forget to post a Speccy report link, if you don't mind sharing it with the world. It'll help us spot any wierd hardware or DirectX problems.

Edited by tomfin

hey hows it going, im trying out what you said right now, im trying it with playwithsix, sorry i have not been on, ive raged so hard i gave up on the game and now im back seems like its even crashing that new version of day z, the island one

Hey there,

Cool, let us know how you get on. If it's still totally wrecked and you've still got some patience, there's always the DayZ standalone in a few months :)

Hey there,

Cool, let us know how you get on. If it's still totally wrecked and you've still got some patience, there's always the DayZ standalone in a few months :)

yup crashes, plays fine and BAM crash to the desktop and then crashes everything...changed the sound and still crashes....i dont know, its weird and sad

ok so i tried to change the resolution, because im running on a HDMI chord and still crashes, so i got fed up and decided to run some other experiments, i downloaded the 1944 mod, yup crash, so then i decided to play the regular arma 2 online...no crash LOL what the hell...someone please

im using playwithsix, i have steam, but im not using it through steam, i dont know its weird

Does Arma 2 OA run all right on your machine?

Especially let us know if you get the crashes in plain ARMA2OA or only in DayZ.

Edit: you might want to try Piriform's Speccy - run it and upload your results, then post your results link here or send a PM so we can get a good look at your system.

Don't forget to post a Speccy report link, if you don't mind sharing it with the world. It'll help us spot any wierd hardware or DirectX problems.

I'm thinking maybe you didn't bother trying plain old ARMA 2 without the DayZ mod loaded, since you didn't exactly answer my questions the first time. We'll point you in the right direction, but we're not doing your homework for you :)

I would suggest editing your first post and change the topic title to something more specific and meaningful, something like "ARMA 2 crash xaudio2_4.dll" would probably get you some more help (if that's the exact error).

I was mistaken in saying DayZ will be using the ARMA3 engine, it's been explained in an interview with Rocket that Dayz Standalone be more like an ARMA 2.5 engine, so if you want to play DayZ it's pretty vital that you check whether it's the DayZ code itself or if it's the ARMA 2 engine that's falling over.

We really need to know if you have these crashes in plain old ARMA 2. There was a known xaudio problem roughly 3 years ago that should have been solved with later Arma 2 patches. A quick google search suggests re-installing DirectX as a possible fix, this was posted on the BI/Arma2 boards a few years ago: http://forums.bistud...mp-sound-issues

But with no Speccy report and no specific answers to my previous questions, we can't help much more with what you told us. Details would be very good - not just "tried all that". Paste the error messages onto the forum, screenshot them, whatever you can do.

It's an alpha test, by playing DayZ you're an alpha tester. Things might be broken, but getting them fixed is probably going to mean a little work for you figuring out exactly what's gone wrong.

Sure it might suck, but it's the price of getting in on 2013's Game Of The Year twelve months early.

so i got fed up and decided to run some other experiments..... i decided to play the regular arma 2 online...no crash LOL what the hell...someone please

Edit: Ninja'd with your new post saying plain ARMA2 is working. Don't I feel like a chump.... or maybe not since that definitely means you really didn't bother two weeks ago when I asked the first time :)

Check the DirectX fix I linked up there: http://forums.bistud...mp-sound-issues

Edited by tomfin

well arma 2 works with no crash, just the mods crash, i dont know what to do...but this is what i do

1.Install arma 2

2. install OA

3. play arma 2, not the game but get out on the menu

4. same for OA

5 install Day z mods

6.play, then crash