Sign in to follow this  
SmashT

DayZ on consoles

It seems like you would get a watered down version of the game on consoles. The maps are too big, the player counts are too high, and there are way to many controls and parameters to account for without a keyboard and mouse. You would have to give the game a generic first person shooter control system to make it work, and it would completely change the way the game is played. Not to mention, if you think kill on sighters are bad now, wait till you play it on XBox live, especially if the game is cheap enough for anyone to download on a boring weekend.

its not the point of "Your not console gamers" , its the fact that theres a small chance us PC'ers will become forgotten...especially if Rocket is a console gamer lol...Its small, but possible.

Also, Alot of the times games are Ported...or even just exist on 2 systems (pc/console)

the console community + the PC community all bitching at once, equals a VERY FUCKING SHITTY AND OVERLY EASY game.

u let a bunch of whiny bitchy 15yr olds who complain because its "too hard" over and over, (they exist ten-fold in the console community) and it just equals again, a shitty terrible game.

• Like 2

What i'd like to also add is that DayZ has become the PC darling of the gaming world, a game that came out of no where and made everyone stand up and take note! It also made people remember how bloody great PC gaming is and how modding which has died off because of greedy companies and over priced DLC can relight a once great game and take it into new territory.

Now he has mentioned consoles the worlds gaming media and it's console sheep will soon turn their sights off the PC and onto consoles and again we will be left out in the cold. Saying this will bring more exposure to DayZ is just so wrong, every game that gets exposed by a console is immediately watered down!

So after patting yourself on the back and high fiving that this will indeed come to console, just think back to a game that you loved that hasn't been butchered by a fecking god awful XBOX or PS3.......

p.s. I'll bet £10 that MS get exclusive timed content before PC and PS3....lol!

• Like 4

OFP-DR was one of the epicest fails in game industry history. It was so fail that dev.team was completely fired and disbanded.

It's a great example thou, that it is just impossible to make a tactical shooter for shitbox or gaystation.

• Like 2

Wow well why not let console gamers enjoy dayz too? Obviously were talking years down the road depending on the success of the standalone.

With the controls on a PS3/XBOX limited to few , I don't believe there would be enough for each action to take place on a controller than a keyboard. But your statement is correct other than that.

Not just no, but FUCK NO.

This is a gigantic red flag. I don't like this development one bit.

I had unprecented faith in the dev team until this warm turd landed in my lap this evening..

• Like 1

Ugh...As long as this platform is his priority, I don't see an issue. It's when developers change the game to cater for the fickle 'gamer' audience of consoles... EVERYTHING from dumbing down, to implementing game play mechanics - kinda makes me a little sick to the stomach tbh...

Bla bla bla blablabla.....

Read this http://en.wikipedia....Cold_War_Crisis

And Look this

Sure its not 100% the Same Game anymore but its running on Consoles already...

Doesn't even compare to the original OpF, or it's spiritual successors - ARMA... It's just an arcade shooter on a larger scale. I know... I bought it. It sucked.

Edited by ScramUK

wow. well given other developers mindset that they cant make two seperate products (one which pushes the limits of PCs and another which pushes the limit of consoles, i would say this is a fucking huge red flag on the future of dayz. what if the standalone is being made to run on a 3 fucking 60 as well as a pc? small ass map size? retarded controls? high accessibility? is this a fucking nightmare? i would stay on the mod version for sure

lol @ master race PC gamers who hate that consoles even exist.

I think they have legitimate grounds for concern

How would you feel if you heard that your long awaited console title would also run on a vic 20

Edited by magrathea
  • Like 2

I don't see what's wrong with consoles.

They hold back graphical development, give games piss-poor control schemes, and make dumbed-down hand-holding gameplay the industry standard. Just to name a few problems with consoles.

That being said, I don't have a problem with a DayZ console port, as long as they finish development of the PC version before they even begin to think about consoles. Also, keep the servers segregated, I don't enjoy being called racial slurs by porcine 10 year olds.

• Like 4

Why? There is no way the current generation of consoles could do this game, just impossible. Where would the fog be? At 200m? closer? Keep it pure, keep it PC.

I don't see why not...if the innovation and developement comes from PC and PC players and after the game is solid, built and few changes are being made...why not?

Thats more revenue for a company deserving of it. The only reason I would object is if they made it console only or sacrificed the PC for it. He is not intending to do that. So whats the problem?

Oh dear. Was I way off, I predicted this would be a PC only thing if Bohemia Interactive was at the wheel. I guess not.

Definitely extra profit without a doubt. My concern however is that of late game developers focus solely on the console market for programming their game, and PC is simply an after thought of port profit which shows. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was released fundamentally broken, no aspect of the game functioned on PC whether singleplayer or multiplayer. It took them a month and a half to release a patch to resolve the issues - when released (beginning of this week) it still does not resolve issues for most PC users, nor does it include windows XP compatability (when the box indicates XP or higher).

Now granted Rocket and team know that DayZ made it's name off Arma 2, their hard work and the PC community. So I have no doubt that Rocket won't abandon the community. But I have seen so many gaming developers go offtrack once the bucks started to flow in and the shareholders made the decisions rather than the gaming concept and ideas.

More games to be ruined by the console curse... I hope they don't consume this one...

This....

DayZ 2: Cover mechanics, auto aim and a trophy every 5 minutes

• Like 3

DayZ 2: Cover mechanics, auto aim and a trophy every 5 minutes

i'm thinking prague, self-immolation, martyrdom

At least the ps3 version won't have 100,000 hackers ruining everyone's experience!

Really? did you just fucking really type that?

First off, DayZ doesnt have "hackers" lol, it has People who understand scripts, and modding.

since arma was a heavily mod-able game, it wasnt hard to mod/script a Mod that was made for it. the Stand-alone will not have that problem.

Do some research sometime.

Also, Ps3 has had hackers before, but they are the worst kind... the kind that shut down the service and steal people's Credit card numbers and information

again, do some research.

People will do fucked up things no matter where you play your games, get over it. The so called "hacking" in dayZ currently is a problem, yes. but one that was forseeable due to the fact as i said, arma2 being so easy to mod and alter.

And on another note? sure you wont have 100,000 "hackers", but you will have 100,000 whiny 12 year olds who are arguing with their parents over the mic. and every other word that comes out of their mouth is "Fag"

Yeah, I hated OpFlash on the Xbox, too. Just not good.

I'd say that the game as it exists today couldn't be effectively ported to consoles, but I am sure that a lot of the spirit of the game could be transferred. You'd lose a lot of controls, so maybe take out the lean and use the same button to bring up the watch/compass/GPS all at the same time, or just put them on the map screen. Inventory could be streamlined a bit, for sure. There was a fun Indie game a while back that was a shooting range simulator, an dit not only factored in wind and gravity, but it used the analog shoulder button on the XBox controller to analyze your trigger pull, so if you slapped the trigger it'd mess up your shot. I think snipers in DayZ could benefit from that. Throw in the integrated voice chat, the easy online implementation and the ease of use of the console, and I think you could have a good DayZ experience.

The problem there would likely be the audience. Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think we can agree that the nerdiest, most hardcore gamers gravitate toward the PC, and those of us who had Arma before DayZ came out are the kind of dorks who play simulations and don't mind referring to an out-of-game hand-written spreadsheet or conversion table when we want to use mil dots or aim an artillery piece. Guys like us are rarer in the console community, and that mainstream audience might not embrace a game that's as technical and grueling as Arma.

I think that the core experience of DayZ--the stealth, the scavenging, the loot roulette and the PvP--can be expressed on a console, though. It's just that not everyone is going to put down Gears or CoD or Madden to play it. I don't see it as a terribly lucrative market for Rocket, and I hope the PC version gets the primary focus.

I don't see this happening until the next generation of consoles are released.

Dragon Rising has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original Operation Flashpoint made by Bohemia or Arma.

Conmasters simply own the name since they published Operation Flashpoint..

The engine they use to make DR/RR is the same one they use for their driving games like GRID.

Edited by jblackrupert

You guys know that the next Xbox is coming out next year?

By the time this game is finished, it will be ported to the next generation of consoles...

And those will be more powerful than most or maybe all the current pc hardware so i really dont see a problem with this.

And let the controls be our problem, wtf do you care?

a trophy every 5 minutes

Open dayz_code.pbo with notepad.

Virgin Slayer - Kill 10 generation 1 survivors

Devil Incarnate - Kill 50 survivors

The Hunter - Gut 10 animals

Everybody's Hero - Kill a zombie attacking an unconscious person

Sharpshooter - Get 10 headshots in a row

Well Travelled - Visit every town on the island

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Its already on Consoles!

Called "Operation Flashpoint"

Completely different company and engine.

Conmasters owns the OFP name from when they published the original OFP that BOHEMIA made.