Sign in to follow this  
TyGuy (DayZ)

How do you get a dog now?

Dogs will be coming in the next update v1.7.3, any dogs you see now are done by hackers, either turning themselves or random players into them. They are playing/showing off the next update at GamesCom currently, so it can't be far away.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Dogs will be coming in the next update v1.7.3, any dogs you see now are done by hackers, either turning themselves or random players into them. They are playing/showing off the next update at GamesCom currently, so it can't be far away.

Someone at IGN told be the DayZ developers just added this feature this morning. However, I wasn't sure if that means they are WORKING ON IT, or it's already done.

I hope they add dragons aswell, I'd love to have a dragon pet. They could also replace matches.. And.. Guns...

Next thing you know we'll have horses and be able to ride them instead of having to find gas powered vehic...

Hmmm...

Hey, what did happen to all the horses?

Next thing you know we'll have horses and be able to ride them instead of having to find gas powered vehic...

Hmmm...

Hey, what did happen to all the horses?

The smart survivors rode them the hell outa town a long time ago...

FFUUUUUU... And I've been messing with the files for the freaking past 3-4 hours and couldn't get them to work. Screw it, I'll wait for the official patch now. XD

Alot (all?) of the Dog code is already present in the 1.7.2.5 patch, it's just not enabled.

I hope they add dragons aswell, I'd love to have a dragon pet. They could also replace matches.. And.. Guns...

And soon enough, they'll add dragon shouts and guards who have arrows in their knees.

Dogs will be awesome, rocket said they will help you hunt animals and maybe bandits.