Sign in to follow this  
Cloutar

DayZ equals Call of Duty?

Hello everyone,

So... I've been playing DayZ for quite a while now and at the start I really enjoyed it, meeting other people and such, but lately it became more and more annoying. Instead of posting a long story about the many people I've encountered and who all shot me in the past week/2 weeks, I'll just say that the last time I've encountered a player who wanted to tag along with me rather than shoot me a week ago, but this bond swiftly broke up when we entered the Cherno store and got shot by a random player who didn't care to ask if we were friendly or not, nor made an escape if he did think we were bandits.

My problem with this game lately is the pure fact that people think that this isn't a zombie survival game, but an Arcade Shooter, like Call of Duty, where you shoot at everything and anyone who moves. People don't care to ask or investigate if you're friendly or not, heck, even if you're alone without any gear or weapons and run into someone or even a group of 2+ people they shoot you.

All this useless ruining other people their games isn't fun, maybe for the ones doing it, but surely not for the many people who get killed every few minutes after they find some gear. I finally found a sniper but due to a bug I was respawned at the coast near Elektro, which appears to be happening quite a lot lately, maybe due to logging in desynchs, but that's not part of the story. I inspected Elektro on spawned zombies and survivors, just to be sure that I could make a safe run into the town and get some food and drinks, everything went fine untill I ran back. I got back onto the hill outside the city, lost some zombies that were following me and from out of nowhere, without a warning someone starts to shoot at me and killed me while having the sniper stored safely out of sight in my Patrol Backpack. So that was one of my biggest achievements gone by someone who thought this is an Arcade Shooter.

Seriously people, do you all really want this game to turn into an arcade shooter like Call of Duty where you just aimlessly fire whole ammunitions at people just to get a laugh out of it? There needs to be more teamplay, people need to stop looking at other survivors as target practicing, atleast at people who don't seem to cause any harm, like people without guns or people who are trying to lose zombies. Study the people you see, keep a distance, see how they interact with other survivors and then judge if it's usefull to kill the person or not.

As a point to the side, I do understand why people will kill others near the airfields and stary sobor since those are quite high risked areas to go to with the great loot that spawns there, I've got no complaints on that side.

So yeah... Long post is long... Please try to keep atleast a few of these things in mind while playing the game and make it more enjoyable for other people too.

Wow, that's a long way of saying you just got shot and lost your gear.

• Like 3

Your testing a mod. A proof of concept. Testing ideas. A vision. A non game.

You are not cut out to testing this game.

Please unistall and comeback when the standalone is released.

Improving zombies and increasing their numbers may help, right now they are not significant at all, so if it wasn't for the PvP element, the game would be terribly boring.

• Like 1

This didn't happen once, it happened every single time that I think someone's friendly, every single time I try to offer someone food, drinks, blood bags and that kind of stuff. If it just happened once I wouldn't have made a post about it.

Your testing a mod. A proof of concept. Testing ideas. A vision. A non game.

You are not cut out to testing this game.

Please unistall and comeback when the standalone is released.

I know that it's an alpha, but that doesn't make it less of a game. Replace "game" with "alpha testing" and the post's context will remain the same. How can people enjoy testing an alpha and see if it's even going to be good as a standalone game when it's just another arcade shooter more than a survival game?

• Like 1

lol @ Fraggle

While I agree, I do wish there was more people willing to chat before shoot; it's survival of the fittest.

I ran into a guy in Chernos grocery store and we both had AKs and could have just blazed each other dead. Instead I say over voice chat "woah woah woah, I'm not going to shot. I am running out this front door do not shoot at me". Both of us lived and not a shot was fired. Now it was obvious that both of us were just in search for loot mode and not set to kill mode yet. But some preemptive mic chatter can sometimes turn a reactive prefire into a different situation.

• Like 1

lol @ Fraggle

While I agree, I do wish there was more people willing to chat before shoot; it's survival of the fittest.

But even than its not because all the loot you need to survive is really easy to get and maintain.

You needed a wall of text of THAT size to show that you're a moron?

Lolwut?

You needed a wall of text of THAT size to show that you're a moron?

Lolwut?

A moron because I'm one of the few people who try to be friendly to other survivors? One of the few people who communicates before making decisions?

A moron because I'm one of the few people who try to be friendly to other survivors? One of the few people who communicates before making decisions?

Were they wearing wraps around their heads? That means they're bandits.

Were they wearing ghillie suits? Probably bandits.

And if they weren't wearing wraps, well, now they're bandits so fuck 'em.

You're a moron because right in the title you talk about DayZ being equal to Call of Duty

That basically invalidates your whole post, I didn't bother to read it

Edited by Hawk24

The issue is that the people shooting at you are likely doing that because they were in your shoes at one point. I'll bet most players want to be friendly at some point in Day Z, but after being shot on sight dozens of times, it destroys any sense of trust you have of other players. Is there really any benefit to teaming up with other players? The only thing they can do is heal me, but I can do that myself if I have enough food to bring my blood up.

When I see another player, I can hope they're friendly and won't shoot me, but if I take that chance and am wrong I will be killed and lose everything. Or I can shoot.

I typically try to just hide from other players unless they're very clearly killing players. I like hunting bandits.

• Like 1

I'm friendly, hence being a medic. I've also met loads of other freindlies in-game. Just don't run up to people trying to high-five them and offering them your beans, you'll get shot in the face. if you read many of the posts in the survivor part of the forum you'll realise that there's thousands of friendly players. It's still a dangerous place though and I hope it stays that way.

You aren't a moron they are just trolling you. DayZ is that insane bitch you were dating. OK she pissed you off but for some reason a week later you are sleeping with her for a night to get your rocks off.

You will get back on the DayZ horse and ride again my friend.

Listen I raged last weekend, I found a legit helicopter and my clan dragged their feet and some other people took it.

I had all types of tractors and atvs and motorcycles, all gone. Do I care now? NO

I got satchel charges, time to blow up their camps now.

Thats how the DayZ cookie crumbles.

• Like 1

Try the guys wearing hero skins, you might have better luck.

The issue is that the people shooting at you are likely doing that because they were in your shoes at one point. I'll bet most players want to be friendly at some point in Day Z, but after being shot on sight dozens of times, it destroys any sense of trust you have of other players. Is there really any benefit to teaming up with other players? The only thing they can do is heal me, but I can do that myself if I have enough food to bring my blood up.

When I see another player, I can hope they're friendly and won't shoot me, but if I take that chance and am wrong I will be killed and lose everything. Or I can shoot.

I typically try to just hide from other players unless they're very clearly killing players. I like hunting bandits.

Basically what he said. In parts, the shift to heavy banditry is due to lack of communication. Removal of a global chat is a double edged sword. I personally don't like it and I feel (opinion only) that is has led to a direct rise in kill on sight mentality. However, there are still a few folks that cling to our human values.

1. I was in electro, low on health, only a hatchet on me scavenging behind the hospital, when a player walked in with a 1014 Shotty. Had me dead to rights. He simply lowered his gun, walked into my melee range, and gave me a blood transfer. And then covered me while I got gear. We saluted and parted ways. No words spoken.

2. Friend and I were gliding along the coast, i was protecting his new spawn char when another new spawn came off the coast. Friend wanted to kill him (as he was just shot himself). I thought about the above story, and instead, we refrained, shared the road and broke clean when it was time.

It can happen, but lack of communication is brutal. I have liked the suggestions of hand held radios for a tool belt option to give access to a map chat. Make it spawn like maps, axes, knives and while early players may have initial difficulties, they can find help.

Edited by beerjedi