Sign in to follow this  
miket

Defibulator

I thought the idea of a Defibulator for a toolbelt item would be quite good.

The concept is, that a player would not truly be 'dead' until they reach around -3000 blood.

After a player falls and 'dies', they would get a time, kind of like the pass out timer, which indicates the time before they actually die. The time left would depend on how low their blood is.

Someone with -1 blood would have 1 minute to be revived. Someone with -2999 would have 1 second to be revived - impossible to get to them on time.

The process to revive someone would involve:

1. Bandaging them to stop the bleeding.

2. Bloodbagging them which would take them to over 0 blood.

3. Hitting them with the defibulator for a chance to revive them.

The chance of reviving someone could be between 10 and 50%. Their revive timer would continue to count down after bloodbagging them to over 0 health.

Epi-Pens could be used to increase the chances of reviving the player. This might increase the chances by 10 to 30%.

Once successfully revived, a player is then treated as a normal injured player.

There would also be exceptions to the rule. Firstly, someone who's died by a shot to the head would be dead permanently - regardless of their ending blood (even if they're on -1 blood, they'd be dead). Secondly, someone hit with a high calibre weapon (AS50, M107) to the chest, would be dead (I'm pretty sure this is always the case - the only hit I've survived from an AS50 was from the richochet when the bullet hit the ground right infront of me - still broke my leg and took me down 7000 blood though). Thirdly, someone who has fallen from significant enough height, but is still over -3000 blood, would not be revivable. This is to reflect the fact that high falls cause severe spinal damage along with other injuries.

Making this a toolbelt item might be a little too forgiving. Perhaps it should be a standard item which takes 2-3 inventory slots, meaning not everyone is going to be able to run around with a defibulator.

They should also be extremely rare loot found only at hospitals, military camps and chopper crash sites. They would be as rare, if not rarer, than NVG's and Rangefinders.

Finally, if possible, it could be made that each defibulator has a limited number of charges. Perhaps between 5 and 20. After that it would either be destroyed, or need recharging. They could possibly use the "Portable Generator" which I've seen in hacked in crates as a generator to recharge these defibulators. After finding a portable generator, you would need to refuel it with a jerry can and run it to generate a charge, after which you can recharge the defibulator. Of course the petrol powered generator would be noisy and take a decent amount of time to build up a charge, and also be quite large - maybe 3-4 inventory spaces.

I personally think bloodbags shouldn't restore full health, but 3000 to 4000 blood. This was, blood bagging someone on -2999 blood would take them to 1 blood, after which they would be revivable.

Edited by MykeMichail
  • Like 5

ive also been talking about how they should bring this into the game, but you thought yours out alot more. good job

EDIT: You're more likely to survive a fall than a gunshot. People have fallen out of airplanes without parachutes and survived. And we already have a system for breaking legs to reflect the damage from falling from heights.

Edited by BazBake

EDIT: You're more likely to survive a fall than a gunshot. People have fallen out of airplanes without parachutes and survived. And we already have a system for breaking legs to reflect the damage from falling from heights.

Really depends on how you land.

I'm really doubting there's many people who've survived a fall from a plane at decent altitude and who are still walking around, completely functional.

So unless we want the ability to become a paraplegic in DayZ, I think the falling death revive should be excluded.

Plenty of people survive gunshots too. Even to the head. They usually need serious surgery though, as would a person who's fallen from a severe height.

I'm really doubting there's many people who've survived a fall from a plane at decent altitude and who are still walking around, completely functional.

So unless we want the ability to become a paraplegic in DayZ, I think the falling death revive should be excluded.

Plenty of people survive gunshots too. Even to the head. They usually need serious surgery though, as would a person who's fallen from a severe height.

Depends on where you get shot, now doesn't it?

There's no paraplegic system in this game, so it's safe to assume that every fall involves a stunt roll at X height if you don't break anything and a bad landing at Y height if you break something. Neither of which is likely to cause spinal damage. In fact, the players in this game are made out of glass. A fall from a second story should rarely cause severe trauma, but you're probably going to break a leg and pass out from unconsciousness anyway.

It usually takes a fall of four or five stories to even kill a child. That's 50 feet straight down. The survivors in this game are weaker than toddlers when it comes to falling physics.

Edited by BazBake

Good idea, but a defibulator as a tool belt item is a bit too good. It should be spawned in medical cardboard boxes like 0.5% - 1% of the time with a 50% chance to have 1 charge, a 30% to have 2, a 10% chance to have 3, a 7% chance to have 4 and a 3% chance to have 5 charges or something like that.

Defibrillator.

So it is.

Me and dozens of other people in various games have been spelling it wrong for years.

Thank you.

Battlefield is that way --->

• Like 1

I love the idea of having a chance to bring a teammate back from the grave. As long as the item is rare kinda like antibiotics where you have to venture to a facility to get the loot.

Battlefield is that way --->

There a difference between a pair of magical shock paddles which take someone from 'dead' to full health even after they've been shot in the head multiple times, and a device which gives you a small chance of bringing a player back to a severely injured state after you have bandaged them, given them blood and hit them with an epi-pen.

I don't know how someone can survive with 0 blood... even more, how they can survive while owing the reaper 3000 blood( having -3000 ). Change the #'s around, you "die" around 2000 blood but can be revived until you reach 0 blood.

Lol I came here expecting OMGZ dfib is magic heal weapon but this would actually be awesome but I would also love seing it as an weapon :) I can see it now guy sniping then over direct contact Hey sniper! Think fast ZAP!! But it would take warm up time to which no sprinting and 1 hit kill now before somebody says OMG a device designed to restart your heart by shocking you 1 hit kills you retard go kill ur self don't forget unless your both standing still it's almost no chance for a kill

I don't know how someone can survive with 0 blood... even more, how they can survive while owing the reaper 3000 blood( having -3000 ). Change the #'s around, you "die" around 2000 blood but can be revived until you reach 0 blood.

This. Make it so you are able to be revived from 0-2000, but not with a 100% success rate. And if you are brought back to life, you are pretty messed up and still needing some med attention/food/water.

In WWII a tail gunner jumped from his uncontrollable bomber in a nose-dive and he fell over 18,000 feet. Hit the ground, and survived without serious injury (he only had a sprain). The official explanation was that the blastwave of the bombs exploding beneath him reduced his velocity enough to allow him to survive the fall. His name was Nicholas Alkemade. He's not the only one, either... actually happened multiple times at differing heights with and without bombing as a buffer.

-- Daerk

Edited by Daerk

Depends on where you get shot, now doesn't it?

There's no paraplegic system in this game, so it's safe to assume that every fall involves a stunt roll at X height if you don't break anything and a bad landing at Y height if you break something. Neither of which is likely to cause spinal damage. In fact, the players in this game are made out of glass. A fall from a second story should rarely cause severe trauma, but you're probably going to break a leg and pass out from unconsciousness anyway.

It usually takes a fall of four or five stories to even kill a child. That's 50 feet straight down. The survivors in this game are weaker than toddlers when it comes to falling physics.

Toddlers tend not to have backpacks and weapons weighing them down. Just a thought...

I agree with the idea of a defib, but not the implementation. My version of it would be that you can use it to revive someone who has been dead for less than 60 seconds, they spawn with 100 blood, and are unconscious for 5 minutes after returning to life. making it so that you can only revive them with over -3000 blood would make it useless if they got sniped (getting hit in the chest by an M107, for example, takes 36k blood). The machine would take up 2-4 inventory slots, be found only in hospitals (not medical tents), and have a spawn chance of 0.28% (same as NVGs, GPS etc).

I like the idea and here's my two cents on the thing. Tune the blood level a bit more down from 6k. Kinda like:

6k Grey enviroment

5k Bad shakes

4k Passing out once a minute or so for short periods of time

3k Passing out for longer periods of time

2k Passing out for longer periods of time and only able to walk and crawl slowly

1k Coma that requires the defib

0k Insert more coins to play

Or something like that more finetuned by the ones in charge :)

It's a good idea but have been suggested countless of times before, use the search function on the forums next time^^

I like the idea and here's my two cents on the thing. Tune the blood level a bit more down from 6k. Kinda like:

6k Grey enviroment

5k Bad shakes

4k Passing out once a minute or so for short periods of time

3k Passing out for longer periods of time

2k Passing out for longer periods of time and only able to walk and crawl slowly

1k Coma that requires the defib

0k Insert more coins to play

Or something like that more finetuned by the ones in charge :)

I was thinking something along the lines of this, but increase the max blood to 15,000. 15,000 to 3,000 would be as it is now.

At 3000 and below, it would go:

3000 - Respiratory failure (Revivable by bloodbagging, then mouth-to-mouth)

1500 - Heart stops beating (Revivable with CPR/Defibrillator + mouth to mouth)

0 - Brain death (Unrevivable)

Someone with with no heartbeat or breathing might remain revivable for about 90 seconds (the player would still have the option to respawn in this time - no sense waiting around 3 minutes when you're pretty certain no one's going to show up to save you). Someone with no breathing might remain revivable for around 3 minutes.

Four new options would become available:

Check Breathing (returns the state of the players breathing)

Perform CPR

Perform Mouth-to-Mouth

Check Pupil Dilation

Checking pupil dilation would involve taking your flashlight out and shining it in their eyes to see if their pupils dilate.

So if a team-mate went down you would:

Check for breathing. If their breathing is good, you know they're over 3k blood and you can treat them normally (bandage, bloodbag, epipen).

If breathing is not present then check for pulse. If pulse is good, begin mouth to mouth.

If pulse is not present, check for pupil dilation. If pupil dilation is good, then commence CPR + Mouth-to-Mouth, and possibly hit them with a defibrillator.

If pupil dilation is not present, then your team-mate is definitely dead.

With this system you could have up to 3 people working to revive one guy.

At the start, one could check breathing, the second checks pulse and the third checks pupil dilation.

If the person is still alive you could have one commence chest compressions whilst another gives mouth to mouth, and the third stands by with the defibrillator. Of course you don't want to be touching the casualty when the defib goes off so you would have an option to instantly stop the CPR/Mouth-to-mouth at any time. That way we all get to yell "CLEAR!" in a video game. And that's fricken awesome. :-)

Toddlers tend not to have backpacks and weapons weighing them down. Just a thought...

You don't know how gravity works, do you?

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and say that I like this idea, seems fairly tought through.

And I belive this will only increase the gaming experince for everyone, can`t see why not. (atleast with all the required stuff and the difficulty)

Could perhaps add:

"People who have been resesitated can not be used a de-fib on for xxx amount of time"

/agree to the idea :)