bjarnidk

Passwords for tents

I'm all about sovereignty in games. Eve online has a fascinating sovereignty system built by players.

Me and my group are trying to establish sovereignty on certain servers but I would like our territory to be maintained 24/7 until breached by another group (or a really professional individual).

One way to do this is by having passwords to access tents.

That means that groups can have access to weapons in order to re-arm.

To compensate, tents could be as rare and as hard to get by as, say, helicopters or at least NVG's.

Thoughts?

Understand from a realism point of view that this would be equal to a lock on the zipper.

What would keep someone from cutting the tent open?

Understand from a realism point of view that this would be equal to a lock on the zipper.

What would keep someone from cutting the tent open?

lol maybe lootable combination locks can be added.

i must admit although a retarded idea, there are still far worse out there. not that im supporting this one. it is completely unrealistic and removes the need to hide your stash.

I used to brute force EVE passworded cans :D

That was cute.

But seriously no, there is no ownership in dayZ, you only own what you can hide and keep safe.

It's a bit surreal, u mean like zip with padlock? :s

You can also seal but…but man, is only a tent, a tent is made with nylon, not with steel, if i have kinife i can open it anyway…

This is a stupid idea. That wouldn't protect the tent from a knife and is completely unrealistic

I suggest you…

hide your tent

hide your wife

hide your kids

cause they rapin' e'rybody out here

Hiding a tent is impossible because of the brutal requirements to place one.

Sovereignty will never be a real thing in this mod without groups able to control some sort of assets.

And, yes, it is unrealistic.. Then give us an option to 'bury' loot so that nobody sees it without literally stepping on it and mousewheeling.

Or alternatively, have strongboxes and safes.

They can only be opened with the correct key or password/combination. They can be cut open with tools or blown open with explosives but this would risk destroying some/all of the items inside. They could be carried around but would take up a huge amount of inventory space.

It would allow people a secure way to guard their items but at the same time having a risk that people would break in and steal the contents. A locker might only come with 2 keys so if you lose them, you're buggered.

newbtent.jpg

For just a low price of $9001, you too could own the newb tent 2000! Utilizing nanobot and holographic technology, this tent is nigh indestructible and also requires a password to enter (By using our top-secret nano LCD screen) to hold your precious beans for safekeeping.

Or alternatively' date=' have strongboxes and safes.

They can only be opened with the correct key or password/combination. They can be cut open with tools or blown open with explosives but this would risk destroying some/all of the items inside. They could be carried around but would take up a huge amount of inventory space.

It would allow people a secure way to guard their items but at the same time having a risk that people would break in and steal the contents. A locker might only come with 2 keys so if you lose them, you're buggered.

[/quote']

^might want to make your own thread because that is a wonderful idea

+1

@SniperHunter: I lol'd so fuckin hard

Password tents are silly, but Premade number combinations on lockers is a good idea imo. Basically render a random password that's unique for every server and make accessible lockers or safes. The person who wants to access it would need to guess the right combination (which may be difficult) or to find a random item spawn that tells you what the combination is. Its realistic, its possible, and its a good way to implement loot safes.

But for the tents, i don't agree.

Why get rid of them completely? if you have a decent hiding spot it is nice to be able to stockpile weapons and car repair items. they should disappear on death though so you can't save up rifles and just tent-run every time you die.

On topic- passwording them is silly.

Bad idea

If anything make safes that are VERY rare and take up about 10 slots just to carry.

Make them destructible from explosives and only have a small amount of slots to store stuff in

Everyone burns down my idea because tents can be cut open in real life but as soon as someone suggests a SAFE, everyone's up for it...DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH A SAFE WEIGHS??? ANYONE?

Jesus fucking christ, people.