Sign in to follow this  
mwgarner@hotmail.com

Looted a REAL downed chopper last night...

We saw a chopper flying back and forwards over Berezino and hid in the trees deciding what action to take.

Suddenly they decide to land in a field very close to us. The landing goes wrong. BOOM! No more chopper. Damn, we wanted to kill them and steal it.

We approach cautiously to find two dead players and they had some amazing stuff. MK48 MOD, AS50, M9SD, M4A1 CCO SD, plus all the equipment you could ever want.

Much better loot that a normal downed chopper, and best of all? No zombies. LOL.

• Like 1

It reminds me of the time i've seen a landing go terribly wrong. Three minutes later the server has restarted, outside of the schedule.

I wonder who might've been inside that chopper.. hmm.. ^_^

• Like 1

Why can't I be that lucky! I got gunned down by admin in a chopper last night, no remorse. All I wanted was a ride :(

It reminds me of the time i've seen a landing go terribly wrong. Three minutes later the server has restarted, outside of the schedule.

I wonder who might've been inside that chopper.. hmm.. ^_^

Yeah, it's unfortunate that admins abuse their power once they lose something rare/precious. 2 nights ago my buddy and I came up on a camp w/ a Ural and decided to take what we needed from it then blow it up. Well, we check the clan forums for that server and the admin was convincing people that the vehicles failed to spawn (when they didn't because we still had our ATVs) after the server upgrade. So randomly the server restarts in 2 minutes. Ural is back where it was. Go figure?

Anyway, on topic, The only time I've ran into a heli in game was w/ hackers, still an intense moment hearing the chopper coming from the distance just to circle above you while you're in thick trees. The only time i've seen a REAL crash site was also a hacker lol. My buddies and I were at the northwest airfield when a hacker tried to land his A-10 on the runway. It crashed in a huuuge explosion. We ran over and looted our first ever pair of NVGs, an M4 CCO SD, M9SD, and a few other things. We were killed later at Stary Sober though :(.

Ha! That's nothing.

The other day I found an empty whiskey bottle in the NWAF barracks. It's my precious....

Damn you, that one was reserved by me!

• Like 1

Ha! That's nothing.

The other day I found an empty whiskey bottle in the NWAF barracks. It's my precious....

You realise that is the exact same whiskey bottle the pilot of OP's helicopter drank 30 minutes before taking off and subsequently crashing the heli.

You are holding the very item that spelled doom for 2 innocent souls. It's very existence is disgusting and should be destroyed to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again ...

... can I have it?

• Like 1

My group killed a chopper pilot and his gunner and stole the chopper, a few minutes later the server resets... In fact, almost everytime I've killed or looted something valuable the server restarts.

Hope they sort it out for standalone, because unfortunately for a lot of admins it isn't about helping DayZ at all like they're so quick to point out. They want admin status so that they can have their little perks, which can completely ruin the game for others because of how persistent DayZ is.

Oh and admins, please don't throw the "pay for your own server if you don't like it" at me - paying for a server (which I do appreciate and respect) does not give you justification to cheat.

Wow, I kind of went off on a mini rant there...