mooncabbage

Tents still impossible to place

I thought the recent patches were supposed to fix tents? I finally found one, and I have tried repeatedly to place it, I can't work out what the hell is wrong with it. All I get is the message about placing it on flat ground not near objects, but I still can't place the damn things in the middle of a large, perfectly flat clearing, it's ridiculous.

Has anyone had any luck with this? What am I doing wrong?

If you know the trick you can find the exact spots where tents fit. Only problem with the tactic is it can cause some errors. Like duping for one.

If you know the trick you can find the exact spots where tents fit. Only problem with the tactic is it can cause some errors. Like duping for one.

Wow could you be any more useless.

OP tents are still bugged and don't seem to work. I've tried countless times but couldn't place one myself.

The trick that smart*** was referring to is using the dayz code 1.5.6 file to join a server, quickly pitching a tent, and then reconnecting with updated files.

Yeah tents are seriously fucked up. I tried for like 20-30min to place one in various spots wandering the countryside only to realize it wasn't going to work at all. I finally placed it next to some buildings in the open and it worked but it will be easily looted.

I'm not going to give away an exploit in open chat, sorry. Tents work but they are really really finiky.

There that better?

I'm not going to give away an exploit in open chat' date=' sorry. Tents work but they are really really finiky.

There that better?

[/quote']

If you have to go out of your way and use methods that are not in the game to start with (like what naizarak said) or use exploits to put up a tent then they are NOT working... dont say they are "really really finiky", when they are actually not working like they should.

Thats like saying "my electric oven doesnt work. -Yes it does, you just have to put some charcoal in there, put some lighting fluid on and light it with a match and the oven will work, its just really really finiky"

Tried putting a tent on the beach today, nothing within probably 10m except shrubs, but it wasn't flat enough.

I've only seen them lately on air fields and streets...................... totally pointless.

I did see a couple that looked like they had been duped in because they were not on flat ground and were next to big ass shrubs north of Elektro.

Yes please this is one bug I think would make people very happy if it was fixed.

OP tents are still bugged and don't seem to work. I've tried countless times but couldn't place one myself.

The trick that smart*** was referring to is using the dayz code 1.5.6 file to join a server' date=' quickly pitching a tent, and then reconnecting with updated files.

[/quote']

Wow you couldn't be any more stupid. Tents are not still bugged, it just needs the right location and patience, I have managed to place two since 1.6.0.1. The pop-up hint tells you everything you need to know but as you are clearly incapable of interpreting them correctly let me elaborate

1) Make sure the area is totally flat and free from bushes and trees(about a 10-15m circumference) .

2) I have only been able to place on grass areas - no soil or woodland

3) If you get the animation of placing a tent but it does not actually materialise then you need to adjust your position a small amount

4) Sometimes you will duplicate the tent in your inventory - This is the real bug.

If you cant do it then you are in the wrong location its that simple.

Wow you couldn't be any more stupid. Tents are not still bugged' date=' it just needs the right location and patience, I have managed to place two since 1.6.0.1. The pop-up hint tells you everything you need to know but as you are clearly incapable of interpreting them correctly let me elaborate

1) Make sure the area is totally flat and free from bushes and trees(about a 10-15m circumference) .

2) I have only been able to place on grass areas - no soil or woodland

3) If you get the animation of placing a tent but it does not actually materialise then you need to adjust your position a small amount

4) Sometimes you will duplicate the tent in your inventory - This is the real bug.

If you cant do it then you are in the wrong location its that simple.

[/quote']

Who the hell needs 15 meters to set up a tent that is at best 2m long?

Bugged or not, the parameters that judge where tents can be placed are seriously borked and need to be fixed - if you can't place tents in the forest, that defeats most of their practicality.

Who the hell needs 15 meters to set up a tent that is at best 2m long?

Bugged or not' date=' the parameters that judge where tents can be placed are seriously borked and need to be fixed - if you can't place tents in the forest, that defeats most of their practicality.

[/quote']

I totally agree, as it is now my tent is completely exposed and if it wasn't for the fact I have put it in a secluded area it might as well be signposted.