MGreenwald

Everyone that thinks PVP should be removed....

Listen, I know its a pain in the ass to play for hours on end only to die to another player and have to do it all over again. Im used to this, I used to play a game called Eve Online and death in that game is pretty much how it is here. If you die you pretty much loose everything. Now to my point. This game has no real end game, you play... you survive... you get bored after looting the same crap time and time again. Sniper rilfes are used mainly for pvp only.. against zombies there is no real reason for it because when (if you're alone) you're close enough to spawn the zombies the sniper will attract every zombie in the area. PVP will always be a part of this game because when you're finished gearing up there really is nothing else to do. Because the way the game works weather you're armed or not doesnt make a difference. You can arm yourself very quickly and take me out just as fast as I can take you. The game is very harsh and not many games have such a severe death penilty like this game has. I think its what makes the game great, U can loose everything in that single moment. People comming from WOW and other games like that have no idea what its like to work for something and loose it all to a small mistake and its kicking people in the ass hense the (stop pvp, grrrrr, trolololol) posts.

• Like 2

I think you're over reacting.

Even if you could find me 10,000 players that want PVP removed from the game that would still only be 1% of the total install base for the mod, hardly something to get worked up about.

When people are killed needlessly they will feel hard done by, they will complain and say it's unfair

but it's only a reaction to events that led up to their death, they don't really want PvP removed, they just wished they'd survived the gun fight :P

You need to remember that only a tiny, tiny fraction of day z players actually post on the forum. Even then, it's usually the people who just got killed and are prompted by pure butthurt rage to come and make a thread about how Rocket's doing everything wrong because the system doesn't let idiots win automatically. It's the same way with EVE. I could go the the EVE forums and get you a few hundred threads about how miner A thinks PvP is evil because it hurts their little corp, even though it's been proven that destruction of ships is actually good for the economy.

Even if you could find me 10,000 players that want PVP removed from the game that would still only be 1% of the total install base for the mod, hardly something to get worked up about.

When people are killed needlessly they will feel hard done by, they will complain and say it's unfair

but it's only a reaction to events that led up to their death, they don't really want PvP removed, they just wished they'd survived the gun fight :P

I wanst trying to come off like i got worked up. im simply stating that i think the reason people whine about pvp is because they're so used to games with no death penelty and as soon as they play a game with one as severe as this one, they dont know what to do with themselves. Games as of latly cater to people rather than challenge them and its nice to see a game that pushes that issue.

Also another thing to keep in mind, The majority of the players which are saying that pvp should be removed, are the same player, that would happily kill friendlies on the coast and in cities for fun,the kind that 'Ruin the game', as they claim. If you are dead serious about the game, you play it right, What's right you may ask? it is, really, what you feel like, if you want to be a bandit, go for it, there are risks involved of course, as of being friendly and just surviving. People need to understand that this game is a Zombie simulator of sorts, and im sure people would be willing to kill for food and drink, in a real case of it.

I love the PvP personally... I play on medium sized servers and don't intentionally go out to kill people but I do play very cautiously. All I can say is that there is nothing better in this game than the rush you get when you hear that single sniper shot go off in the distance and you know it was meant for you! Gets the old heart going thats for sure haha

To develop the point, I think you'd struggle to find any players who would genuinely want the PvP aspect to be entriely removed from DayZ.

• Like 1

OP must be boring IRL, aside from that if PVP was removed, you'd find the game would become boring as shit! You don't need Military loot to kill zombies, a Winchester, m1911, Beans and Soda is all you need to stay alive against the horde. Just stay away from Elektro, Cherno etc and you'll be fine!

PvP must stay.

Friendly Fire must stay.

These things make this game difficult and appeal in a strange way. After playing games where death means nothing this is quite refreshing.

I'd also like to see more animals in the forests. Some could be infected with Zombie and cause you to slowly die without a med.

This game has hit a nerve with gamers and has huge potential imo.

OP must be boring IRL, aside from that if PVP was removed, you'd find the game would become boring as shit! You don't need Military loot to kill zombies, a Winchester, m1911, Beans and Soda is all you need to stay alive against the horde. Just stay away from Elektro, Cherno etc and you'll be fine!

Wtf are you talking about did you not even read my post??? I explain why pvp NEEDS to stay in this game. So before you decide to insult someone how bout you open your eyes and read a post dip shit.

• Like 2

PVP should stay. Its when I am PVP'd by a hacker and have no way to defend myself where I get frustrated these days.

Especially when its so hard to tell some of the hackers - eg when they teleport behind you and just empty the clip into your back.

But thats a different topic.

OP must be boring IRL,

whereas you must be so busy you don't bother reading the threads you just reply to what you think they're about instead??

Another "oh get rid of PVP thread" go play Farm simulator fool!

PVP makes this game intense, seeing another player equally armed as you start shooting gets my heart going and if I die then half the fun is finding all the stuff and starting again >.<

Sorry OP PVP has to stay :)

AJ

Another "oh get rid of PVP thread" go play Farm simulator fool!

PVP makes this game intense, seeing another player equally armed as you start shooting gets my heart going and if I die then half the fun is finding all the stuff and starting again >.<

Sorry OP PVP has to stay :)

AJ

are you fkn serious, Im going to keep a tally of each dip shit who posts without reading the my first post... I explain why Pvp NEEDS to stay in the game... Perhaps I should add why idiots who cannot read shouldnt play it...

• Like 3

I don't usually grammar nazi. But the word you are looking for is LOSE, not "LOOSE".

Wtf are you talking about did you not even read my post??? I explain why pvp NEEDS to stay in this game. So before you decide to insult someone how bout you open your eyes and read a post dip shit.

You need to read your post, I'm right..

I think you will find it's only a small minority of players that want PvP removed, I definitely do not want it removed and I am not a Bandit, the game would be super boring if that element was taken away, not like zombies are a challenge at all.

The carebears that want PvP removed just complain to complain. They don't actually want to play DayZ they want to play a looting simulator. PvP is part of the core mechanic, and isn't a forced issue. PvP happens because the players want to PvP if no one wanted to there wouldnt be any. Just my Two Cents but IMHO it's never going to be taken out of the game and bandits will never be punished for killing n00bs or fresh spawns. It is what it is and people need to just deal with it or go back to playing Hello Kiity Adventure Island.

Lol while everyones getting stuck into the one guy for not reading the OPs actual thread in FAVOR of PVP... Another guy comes along and boards the insult train before actually reading the thread... GROUP FACEPALM!

• Like 2

Lol while everyones getting stuck into the one guy for not reading the OPs actual thread in FAVOR of PVP... Another guy comes along and boards the insult train before actually reading the thread... GROUP FACEPALM!

No kidding man... I really do give up on modern day gamers :( lol...