Sign in to follow this  
Buro (DayZ)

Hero Skin vs Crap Bandit Skin

the current bandit skin is out of place.

and who should give a flying fuck about that please? we're in an alpha mod here. the skins could very well be placeholders, because they do not matter a single bit for gameplay, they're just cosmetic. maybe rocket focuses on more essential stuff like gameplay, balance, resources, DOGS and shit?

i bet he does.

and who should give a flying fuck about that please? we're in an alpha mod here. the skins could very well be placeholders, because they do not matter a single bit for gameplay, they're just cosmetic. maybe rocket focuses on more essential stuff like gameplay, balance, resources, DOGS and shit?

i bet he does.

Please unknot your panties, for I never said he has to do it now. It wasn't a demand, it was a suggestion, a want, something to take into consideration with the understanding it is a placeholder. And it does matter for gameplay currently because hurr, the skin can easily end up on anyone defending themselves from the newly spawned, branding them as a bandit. Second, you stick out like a terrible sore thumb amongst greenery.

The hero's sleeves are awfully visible against a woodland background. Anyone know if I can keep the scarf by using camo?

arma2oa2012081502440837.jpg

Edited by takfar

i bet he does.

Skins do affect gameplay in the context of player relations, so to speak.

And I still think dogs is a stupid idea that shouldn't be bothered with. Dogs is far from "essential".

Play however you want. No one will stop you.

We just now know the type of player you are and can respond accordingly.

Your right to do what you want is not free from other players' rights to choose not to interact with you.

The Hero skin should ALWAYS be cooler than the Bandit skin, as killing on sight is the easiest thing in the world to do, actually trying to take hostages / avoiding killing is much harder, so Heros should be rewarded for this.

Hero > Bandit.... by far

Does anyone else feel like the bandit skin is a POS compared to the hero? I mean for christ sake the bandit is just the normal survivor skin with an ugly ass towel wrapped around its head. Not even a balaclava, ski mask, or anything "badass" or "badboy." about it whatsoever. While the hero gets a custom shirt with rolled sleeves, custom gloves, brand new vest, new scarf, hat, jeans, and more. I mean hell even the bandit shirts and pants change just like a normal survivor after every log in. I wish I could change back to regular survivor skin, so I wouldn't look like a dumbass taliban. Whenever I fire on someone I feel like i should be yelling " ALLAH ACHBARRRRR"

What are the req. off the Hero outfit?

Skins do affect gameplay in the context of player relations, so to speak.

And I still think dogs is a stupid idea that shouldn't be bothered with. Dogs is far from "essential".

Too late, they're incoming! (along with a million more potential bug's of course)

I can't wait to see the threads. "Whaaaaaa! My dog turned into a bird!", ""Whaaaaaaa! I've been training my dog for two fucking weeks and now he's stuck in a tree!".

Edited by Fraggle

Destruction is easy. much more difficult to create or to save. bandits have a much easier time than heros and there should be a way to signify the more difficult task of saving people and being riskier.

I'd say drop the current bandit skin for any of the following

iff_inf_napa.jpg

Suddenly, bandits that make sense. Preferred second from the left, Far right is too abusable for snipers but will get you spotted easily in cities, second/third from the right are also good picks. Third from left could be for those who kill everything, the shades man, the shades.

I'll still be a hero or wookie, but the current bandit skin is out of place.

Those skins can't use backpacks.