DizEx

Suggestion about starting gear!

First i want to say this is a very great mod for Arma 2 OA. The idea is to put in starting gear two more items and they are

+knife

+matches

Imagine if zombie apocalypse would start and your at home. Knife and matches would be there.

So i think this is good idea.

+Forgot how about one thing you can make blood transfusion by you self. Its no use of them if you run around while your friends not online or other players are far away.

P.S. It's realy hard when you start new game run around city to find just these two things that are very rare for me.

Edited by DizEx

Would be nice if the start Gear is Random.

Everyone picked other things while going to the Beach.

Edited by Lappihuan

They are rare because they are supposed to be rare, adding a knife and match to starting equipment just makes the game easier.

Then this game is far from reality.

you dont say. in fact having some gear after surviving a sinking ship(is that the story?) doesnt look realistic to me.

Yeah no. if you are going to say that we may as well just start with the hatchet and water bottle too. instant survival immunity. Which is a bad thing.

Edited by GexAlmighty

I should start with water purifying tablets, 2 knives, matches, flashlight, batteries, knife sharpener, paperclips, compass, magnifying glass, lighter, binoculars, string, rope, deck of cards and plenty of other things I can't remember off the top of my head. If the zombie apocalypse happened right now I would have all of them in my bag neatly packed with other supplies, my survival kit. Even if I was in a shipwreck and washed up on beach I would have all of these things and they would all be undamaged.

You start on the coast in DayZ, not your house. Once hand to hand combat is introduced we won't need to worry about being helpless when we start. We also won't need to start with anything more than a Bandage.

Edited by Psychobob

Then this game is far from reality.

Why would people carry a knife with them when sailing in a ship? And after a shipwreck, your matches would be soaked anyway. All i could think of me carrying would propably be:

-my cellphone (not working after the swim ofc)

-my wallet (what i'm gonna do with this in a zombie apocalypse)

-my keys (what i'm gonna do with this in a zombie apocalypse)

-the clothes on me

So basically i'm just saying that even the backpack, flashlight, bandage and painkillers are something that people wouldn't in most cases have with them after the ship wreck.

I disagree, we start with to much stuff. The game is meant to be a struggle for survival not a FPS.

I disagree, we start with to much stuff. The game is meant to be a struggle for survival not a FPS.

This... i would even like a change like removing the painkiller and the backpack.

This would make the smaller bags more valuable and....who the hell carrys painkillers on a ship...

• Like 1

I think we only need to spawn with bandage(x2) and we're all done^^

• Like 1