Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Clean187

Protip: How to Auto-Run (Steam Users)

Hello denizens of Chernarus! As you all know, there is a FUCK load of walking in this game. Lots. and lots. and lots. So much so, that after making numerous runs to the NW Airfield, my finger gets tired from holding down W after a lengthy gaming session. UNTIL...

I figured out how to auto-run.

Now, I'm not sure if I will get more flak, or praise, for divulging this secret but here goes.

1) Run, in whatever direction you choose.

2) Press whatever button you have assigned to your "Steam Overlay"

3) Let go of run button, and close steam overlay.

Profit. You will now be running without having to press the run key. You can't, however, sprint. Which I don't think is a big loss. You are still able to turn your head, and change stances (Standing/Crouching/Prone) and vault.However you will NOT stop running until you press the run button again.

Note: If you have your Steam Overlay button mapped to the same button as your "Walk" key...you will walk. So change it. Tada! :D. Now this is something that you can do to travel places without having to hold down the key. Letting you say...write a post about this specific trick while you are running to Elektro! As I am doing, right. this. second. Only 1400M left! Hurray!

Enjoy, friends :).

Or you could get autohotkey, etc.

You could...but this also allows you to talk in Steam overlay to your friends. Without spamming your chats with W.

ill sure try this out, i was using a small plastic device in order to keep holding the w key.

ill sure try this out, i was using a small plastic device in order to keep holding the w key.

I was using my watch. But that was before this revelation!

Or you could place a stack of coins on your W key like the guy that posted his technique a couple of days ago. :P

lol

I have the same keyboard! I have no intention of jamming something into place.

With my method you can still use the Steam Overlay. Including the web browser and chatting functions, without filling everything with the letter W.

or...

go the fuck outside

pick up a rock

go back inside

profit

• Like 1

Does the double tapping w, sprinting, actually make you go faster? I thought it was just a change in animation.

Rocket, PIN THIS THREAD!

Only works for a certain period of time, once you get tired, you'll slow down to where it's more useful just to use the normal run.

Also, My autorun key is the revolutionary thing...called a finger...it fits almost perfectly onto the key, as if it was designed for use by fingers. Strange, no?

:P

Edited by LostMem0ry
  • Like 1

I additionally choose the more classic method of Resting something heavy enough to press down my Forward key, There's a Large weightish battery in one of the kitchen draws, one of those ones you'd never ever use except for some flash lights.

Seems to do the trick and wont damage the keyboard not quite that heavy.

I don't bother with scripts and tricks.

Actually, you can sprint. I've found this out a while ago and told all my friends. The basis is you have to do it in the following steps:

1) Double tap shift to walk forward

2) Walk in any direction

3)Shift - tab while walking

4) Push shift - tab again and you will be running without pressing W.

the thing is, I usually just keep Steam up and use steam web browser and watch Youtube. Although you can be shot, you can watch Youtube without pressing W key or a second screen. :)

Edited by Sammy101

You could...but this also allows you to talk in Steam overlay to your friends. Without spamming your chats with W.

You can use bother W and the Forward key -.-

Or you could get autohotkey, etc.

I hope that BattlEye will ban or at least kick for AHK. It can be abused in too many ways, it's just not worth checking the macro scripts in detail, just blacklist the whole tool and save BattleEye's resources to fight the real cheaters!