radioghost

Don't decry Day-Z just because YOU are socially awkward

I'm seeing a lot of complaints from people about the mod turning into a "deathmatch" and that there are no longer any players who work together.

Stop being socially awkward. Get people's steam IDs, join a team-speak, and/or wrangle up real life friends. Form a relationship and stop expecting complete strangers to be reliable. Who would you rather surround yourself with in a zombie apocalypse?

Just because you are too lazy or shy to get to know other players is not the fault of anyone but your own.

+1 exactly this.

I was at the NE airfield and I saw "floating head man" I called this out in side, planning to shoot the guy.

10 minuites later im in the guys teamspeak and have 5 new chaps to play dayz with. I still pop in from time to time and say hello, or check if they are x person at place y.

Remember just like real life, the worst thing a person can do is say no, unlike reallife, you can shoot them back.

Good points, but I'm afraid you are in the wrong here if you look at the big picture.

When does a zombie apocalypse occur and you just happen to be with all your friends? I want to join a server and meet strangers in there, just like a real apocalypse. Getting on a TS channel is just cheating on a game such as this, it should be direct communication only, with radios added as an item to stay in touch over long distances.

I want to meet new survivors, new enemies... right now as a survivor, I just dont feel threatened by the sandbox environment at all, its far too easy, reducing the need for coop.

I do however feel threatened by players, they are my biggest concern about staying alive 99% of the time and as a result I play this game as a deathmatch.

Make the world a more punishing, scary and dangerous place and then I might consider getting friends to help me progress because right now, I dont need them.

Most TS'ers have their own little clique, I think in some ways it may be detracting from the games social system. They play the game within their own little bubble and are completely paranoid of any outsiders to their exclusion.

On the bright side, bubbles are fun to pop. With bullets.

Bring on direct chat. Strangers are fun. Games are good to get away from your friends.

I've created a 15 man squad out of STRANGERS from in game, we use skype.

+1 Internets to OP

People need to learn how to team up, and not expect someone else to take care of them.

Good points' date=' but I'm afraid you are in the wrong here if you look at the big picture.

When does a zombie apocalypse occur and you just happen to be with all your friends? I want to join a server and meet strangers in there, just like a real apocalypse. Getting on a TS channel is just cheating on a game such as this, it should be direct communication only, with radios added as an item to stay in touch over long distances.

I want to meet new survivors, new enemies... right now as a survivor, I just dont feel threatened by the sandbox environment at all, its far too easy, reducing the need for coop.

I do however feel threatened by players, they are my biggest concern about staying alive 99% of the time and as a result I play this game as a deathmatch.

Make the world a more punishing, scary and dangerous place and then I might consider getting friends to help me progress because right now, I dont need them.

[/quote']

This you?

St7AE.jpg

Most TS'ers have their own little clique' date=' I think in some ways it may be detracting from the games social system. They play the game within their own little bubble and are completely paranoid of any outsiders to their exclusion.

On the bright side, bubbles are fun to pop. With bullets.

Bring on direct chat. Strangers are fun. Games are good to get away from your friends.

[/quote']

My friends and I initially planned to use direct chat and let the mumble server we're paying for rot alone.

Direct chat has not been working so ????

If anyone else is interested: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dayzcoop

Growing steam group of DayZ players who are looking to explore and kill zombies (and bandits) together. Group is "invite only", to keep out any potential trolls or non related persons, so add me as a friend on steam and i'll insta-invite you to the group.

Once in the group, you can invite as many other DayZ friends as you want to the group.

This thread might get deleted because your offending people who are anti-pvp.

Even though I agree with you, these forums are HEAVILY one sided, favoring the vocal minority.

Every single time a good sandbox pops up, these jackasses invade the froums whining trying to get the game changed in their favor.

agreed. it's not that hard finding a group to play with. heck if you can't do it in-game, then go to the survivor HQ on these forums and join a clan or something.