Sign in to follow this  
ElwinSP

Why is everyone so agressive?

Hello! I recently started playing daz z and up to now my impression is (and pardon if i swear) .... Why does everyone have to be such a bitch? I mean i can understand someone wanting to steal from you if you had a nice gun or something but until now every single person that I have met has shot me! I mean I didnt have nothing on me, not a damm weapon.

I have another question regarding the chat. When I meet someone I usually write and use voicecom in direct mode but until now no one has answered me. Am I doing right? or is it that the people that i have met didnt consider it worth to give me and explanation before they shot me?

I mean i seriously dont understand it that people that go in a helicopter take the time to kill a simple unarmed friendly noob.

• Like 2

Get used to it, friend. Average Chernarussian day you are having. Just learn the basics of survival/combat, and you will do fine.

• Like 2

most text chat is removed from servers. Iam in a bandit clan but we dont kill " beaners" we usualy hunt players around the NWAF NEAF sometimes stary we stay in the north and look for high vaue targets we are taking applications so if you end up looking for a group we usualy play 7-8 online together on our own clan server , strength in numbers you know the deal if you guys are interested my sig has the link to the site good luck out there !

Hello, Elwin, you're doing everything right. Unfortunately, Dayz is like the wild west, there's no law to protect citizens who just want to go about their lives. Players kill for many reasons from being too dumb to understand the consequences to a thousand other infantile reasons.

There are plenty who don't just shoot on sight. Me for one. :thumbsup:

Keep on trying and don't let it get you down. I recommend meeting up with one or two people from the forums on skype/teamspeak/etc... Arrange to meet up and go into a server together. :)

• Like 5

Humanity has been semi-disabled for several weeks and have just been reinstated in the most recent patch. The last month or more, new players and old have become used to most player contacts ending in kill on sight heartbreak, thus more and more players have been lead to blieve the purpose isn't actual survival, but murder even at the expense of your own survival.

However humanity is comming back and you'll probably slowly start to see more people with hero skins, showing there's more to survival than being homicidal/suicidal.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

Hello! I recently started playing daz z and up to now my impression is (and pardon if i swear) .... Why does everyone have to be such a bitch? I mean i can understand someone wanting to steal from you if you had a nice gun or something but until now every single person that I have met has shot me! I mean I didnt have nothing on me, not a damm weapon.

I have another question regarding the chat. When I meet someone I usually write and use voicecom in direct mode but until now no one has answered me. Am I doing right? or is it that the people that i have met didnt consider it worth to give me and explanation before they shot me?

I mean i seriously dont understand it that people that go in a helicopter take the time to kill a simple unarmed friendly noob.

Hi Elwin, and welcome.

You ask a very specific question as to whether you are doing it right. I believe you are. But you just have to make sure you are within 100m for voice / 80m for text (or vice versa). Those are the only 2 methods in-game of communication.

The game will eventually evolve to fit the theme of post-(or during)-apocalyptic reality more realistically, or players will lose interest and it will die.

Even if you have a clan of 10, fully geared up, racing alcohol-fueled funny cars... WHAT THEN? Well there really isn't much fun in killing Zombies, so they kill other survivors. Sometimes they need to, sometimes they are just trigger-happy. That is not good for the game. And if enough player base reaches that level, it will make the game completely unbelievable.

But, as many have said, you need to have the constant threat of a bullet in the back because that's what the world has turned to. But as I have said in a few threads, when you are literally surrounded by literally infinite packs of flesh-eating monsters, the last thing you should be doing is hunting people, even if they are carrying super-rare laser cannons and remote-controlled killer Roombas. Much less a poor dude with 2 bandages and a rusty can. It's just not prudent or worth it. And the kill-or-be-killed "I used to help but now I learned my lesson and will shoot you" is just as bad. They are totally doing it wrong.

Avoid Zombies. Avoid people. If you find someone who needs help, help them.

If you offer assistance over chat, voice or text, and you get no response, you need to very carefully asses the situation. <--- THIS IS FUN.

Do it over the mic. Within 100m they will hear you.

If you have them in your sights and they aren't talking, a reminder that they are in your sights will get them to talk. If they give you tough guy smack talk, like you read among the forum posts across this mod, do us all a favor and kill for giving sass.

Welcome to the world after Z. It sucks! Try to survive!

Edited by HMS
  • Like 5

You know the best way to stay alive OP.

Be a ghost, that's how I play and it keeps me alive. Sure I help the occasional person I can, but I stay hidden and it keeps me alive.

It will help when there are more specific end game goals to achieve rather than PvP. (Which I get a thrill out of, by the way, so I'm not QQing.)

Also, as Dallas noted, "heroes" will be better differentiated between normal survivors and bandits, though this is made obsolete by acquiring clothing.

Remember the direct chat as well and you'll stand a better chance.

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems is that beginners guides (including the one found on this forum) all tell everyone to shoot on sight. Because of that everyone shoots on sight, so new players get killed the instant someone sees them because everyone is so goddamn paranoid about being shoot. Then the new player learns the only way to survive is to shoot whoever you see on sight. It's a downward spiral started by bad advice in beginners guides (did I mention this forum has a guide that says that???).

• Like 1

Think of this as your own Heart of Darkness. The experience of DayZ is pretty typical among all of us.

Just starting out we're all just fresh-faced young boys who want to wander the world surviving the zombie apocalypse. Then we get shot by a stranger for our beans. So we respawn, collect some more gear, venture a little further north. Then we get shot by a stranger for our gun. So we respawn, fight a little longer, grow a little darker, find a better gun. Then we get in a gunfight and lose because we didn't take the initiative. So we respawn, seasoned veterans, and we vow that the next person who crosses our path is gonna get a bullet in the back of the head before they can even look at us.

Then we run into someone who says they're friendly. The anxious little boy hoping for a friend shows himself for a few minutes.Annnd then we get shot by our friend, for our beans. Never again.

• Like 3

One would think that during a zombie apocolypse, the human race would band together to reduce the zombie population while increasing the human population? this is a zombie apocolypse simulation right?

I try and picture how fun it would be if players were to start being kind to one another and helping each other survive, obtaining vehicles, tents, medical supplies & all the equipment needed to build there camp sites, like wire fencing, tank traps, sandbags and bear traps, allocate tents for storing food & drinks, medical supplies, weapons & ammo, vehicle repair parts, going out in squads using vehicles or on foot to eliminate the zombie population, seeking out more survivors to offer a safe haven, while rounding up more supplies.

I just dont understand why survivors want to murder other survivors, suviving solo can be easy, but its lonely, strength in numbers and working as a team is so much more fun.

I play this simulation as if it were real, my humanity is currently at +11,531 but i wear camo clothing, have over 1,600 zombie kills, only 1 murder, a freind who was bleeding out and being chased by a zombie, my MK 48 MOD 0 has a hair trigger and this time it decided to shoot a burst of 3 rounds instead of 1, wish it had the option for semi auto, burst & full mode...

Is this what humanity has come to? in the statistics thread, perhaps knowing the % beetween the amount of good guys and bad guys out there would show what the human race has degraded to if had to endure a zombie apocolypse?

Edited by Nort

I will give you a reason why I shoot on sight if the person is armed with a hatchet or better...

Me and two of my friends found a guy with nothing and helped him gear up and we managed to find him food, drink, and a starters gun in elektro. The guy never said a word and we defended him until he could get some gear. Tell him we are off to the supermarket and hoped he was thankful for the help and 10 minutes later I am shot by him from across the street only to have a mob of zombies kill him.

I didn't die but it serves that guy right for being an asshole.

People are aggressive because the game gets boring. I've played for a week now. One week. And I'm already bored.

At first it was a few days of trying to loot the big cities on the coast and escape. That was pretty fun as I died a lot and killed a lot.

Then I got the hang of it and headed up north where I mostly died to bugs, hackers, and very unlucky zombie attacks (one hit breaks my legs and the 2nd hit knocks me unconscious... gg)

So now I found a crashed chopper, have a wookie suit, have awesome guns, got a jeep on one server loaded with supplies, and guess what? I'm bloody bored! I have nothing to do now except look for more crashed choppers and try to find a coyote backpack and maybe the thermal rifle.

So what else shall I do? Go back to the start and kill in the most popular areas. What's my alternative? Help others, get betrayed, and whine about how I lost everything because someone wanted my hard work without earning it? Piss off.

One would think that during a zombie apocolypse, the human race would band together to reduce the zombie population while increasing the human population? this is a zombie apocolypse simulation right?

I try and picture how fun it would be if players were to start being kind to one another and helping each other survive, obtaining vehicles, tents, medical supplies & all the equipment needed to build there camp sites, like wire fencing, tank traps, sandbags and bear traps, allocate tents for storing food & drinks, medical supplies, weapons & ammo, vehicle repair parts, going out in squads using vehicles or on foot to eliminate the zombie population, seeking out more survivors to offer a safe haven, while rounding up more supplies.

I just dont understand why survivors want to murder other survivors, suviving solo can be easy, but its lonely, strength in numbers and working as a team is so much more fun.

I play this simulation as if it were real, my humanity is currently at +11,531 but i wear camo clothing, have over 1,600 zombie kills, only 1 murder, a freind who was bleeding out and being chased by a zombie, my MK 48 MOD 0 has a hair trigger and this time it decided to shoot a burst of 3 rounds instead of 1, wish it had the option for semi auto, burst & full mode...

Is this what humanity has come to? in the statistics thread, perhaps knowing the % beetween the amount of good guys and bad guys out there would show what the human race has degraded to if had to endure a zombie apocolypse?

Lighten up Francis. It's a video game. There's no point to band together as zombies are easily dispatched by a lone survivor. Wire fencing, tank traps, sandbags, and bear traps have no effect on Zombies that I've found. They walk right through them. So what would be the point?

PS I'd like to see a screenshot of your 11k humanity and 1600 zombie kills. Not calling you a liar just think it's rather impressive that you've been alive helping that long and haven't been betrayed yet.

People go out to kill people because there's no objective in the game, you can have a dream new spawn, have 10 tents, all the best weapons and accessories and vehicles in the map, what to do next? let's go kill other people with our good gear so they find it hard to get to the level i'm at... and i'll do it so they're mad and it's fun for me...

yeah?

Main reason why I kill people who "look" unarmed if they dont back away. Is because you can pull out a hatchet and hack away. Yes people do it and people can also pull out a 1911 or whatever from the starter back pack and shoot you. I wont kill what looks like a new player but I will keep you in sights or just stay away from you.

It's part of the game!

Someone hacked me to death when I had decent equipment and I spawned quite near him! He hadn't taken anything from my body, so I took all my stuff back and ran into him again!

I'd told him the last time that I was friendly, so this time, I was quite angry (I would have understood if he'd taken my stuff, but he didn't touch a thing)....

So I said "you fucking prick! I said I was friendly!" He fired off a couple of makarov rounds into my chest so I dived behing a car and opened up with my AK74 and took him down!

Mostly, it is just survival, or to steal loot, which I understand, but its the people that kill just to wind people up that annoy me

• Like 3

It's part of the game!

Someone hacked me to death when I had decent equipment and I spawned quite near him! He hadn't taken anything from my body, so I took all my stuff back and ran into him again!

I'd told him the last time that I was friendly, so this time, I was quite angry (I would have understood if he'd taken my stuff, but he didn't touch a thing)....

So I said "you fucking prick! I said I was friendly!" He fired off a couple of makarov rounds into my chest so I dived behing a car and opened up with my AK74 and took him down!

Mostly, it is just survival, or to steal loot, which I understand, but its the people that kill just to wind people up that annoy me

What is the point if everyone does nothing but shoot on sight, you may as well just give the zombies guns.

Edited by schrapple
  • Like 1

I agree Schrapple. To be honest, I keep telling myself it's an alpha and hopefully there'll be some kind of restructuring to help limit PvP. The new humanity marker might help but I think the people who PvP will get bored soon enough and move on. But the never-ending supply of new players mean we will always have to suffer PvP.

I doubt it will happen for the release of the game but maybe in later upgrades we will get a chance to vote for sherriffs who have high enough humanity and/or gun skills. And arrange bounty hunting teams who can kill killers without losing humanity. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I don't kill on purpose, got killed twice last night in Electro buy a group and a guy just hunting players. I did wack some poor dude when I panicked in the fire station tower. Wasted a whole clip of AK rounds in him as he didn't drop. Poor fella, sorry dude :(

I'm in GMT +1 if you wanna buddy up? No idea how I add you though? I'm new to pc but am on a UK server most nights.

but maybe in later upgrades we will get a chance to vote for sherriffs who have high enough humanity and/or gun skills. And arrange bounty hunting teams who can kill killers without losing humanity. :thumbsup:

I think this is a great idea and said as much in the suggestion section. :beans:

the game is a mirror of our life. the good things are sometimes harder to spot. i once stated, that i am convinced that for every one backstabbing asshat, there is at least one player who wants to do the right thing. of course he may still shoot you, out of sheer paranoia..

my current character is 12 days old and during these days about every person i encountered was kind and friendly. i have got "end-game" gear gifted from grateful patients, and i have been driven in jeeps and flewn in helicopters by people who just wanted to help out. i have been contacted through steam by strangers who just wanted to bring me medical supplies. strangers logged into the game for me, just to run across the map for half an hour to save me from starving.

my worst encounter during these 12 days was, when i crawled towards the supermarket in elektro and got shot in the face by a guy who just left the store. he shot me unconcious, not dead, and he didnt loot my when he ran past my body. i am sure he shot only out of fear i would shoot him first. too bad that when you look at someone, you point your gun at him at the same time ;)

there are many great stories from these last 12 days, i met a load of decent people, and had a blast all of the time.. for instance i know of a band of brothers who like to roll through the highlands in their car, blasting greenday or metallica and singing along, and ocassionally healing wounded surivors or giving a lift across the map..

long story short, you're doing it right, and dont let the negative experiences get to you, as there is much good fun to be had in this game.