Sign in to follow this  
Darrus Dreadtiger

Completely overwhelmed by sudden SixUpdater Changes

Whatever happened to this neat updater I used so far (not for long as well) went completely over my head. At first it was fine. I told it to update, selected a server and then connected... but since the recent autoupdate it exploded with confusing and wild options and menus that I just cannot wrap my head around.

Additionally, since the last time I played finding servers to play on has become much more difficult. What is Lingor Island and all these non-dayz missions and why are they cluttering up my ingame server browser? Why do I only find a handful of the ginormous list of servers in the updater in the ingame browser?

lol, just do everything manually. Much more easier. No hassle. No nothing. But with the recent beta patch, 95883 i believe. Server browser ingame is kind of messed up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

This game/mod needs a idiot/fool proof means of installing the game and DayZ and eventually getting to connect to a game sever, Six Updater is the so called official means but as you say to a new starter, a noob if you will.. even that is an obstacle. So many updates.. so many changes in such a short space of time with new beta's and hotfixes, servers running all manner of different versions and beta's.. I mean it's little wonder people are getting aggravated at the complexity of getting to play the game they so eagerly want to play. Such a task.

Hopefully the standalone, when it arrives will do away with all this nonsence.

Edited by uni-sol

like i and several others told another earlier. I had the same issues frustration ect... I got fed up looked around the forum and found a post about a super easy magic way to fix this issue!!! join a server every time... load like you should... all that good :beans: 's , the magic word is......... dayz commander!!! Shazam!!! Why this launcher isn't the official launcher is beyond me ... it has so many easy to use features and does so many things... and looks and works like a box version game launcher should...

I switched to DayZ Commander as well and it works pretty well. In the versions menu you can see which updates are available and how many servers are running each version so you can hold off on an update if only a small number of servers are running it so far.

Actually, I just tried the new version of the Sixer and it seemed to work much better... In fact, even my previous post's problem about being left alone with a broken bone has been solved... actually I had my first self-gathered loot, my first dip into cherno, found lots of supplies, a primary, a sidearm AND a BFG (with no ammo) in another town. I daresay this evening turned for the better!

Though, i'll have a look at the commander should there be problems again. So, thanks all :3