godonholiday

No Six Updater Love - The end?

Today i installed DayZ Commander because of this issue, and it's much better than Six Launcher. Better filter system, friend list, working favorite list (mine disappeared on six launcher) and alot more to tweak!

Use it.

It's because the patch isn't considered stable. I would however, recommend using DayZ Commander. It offers a couple more cool features than Six Launcher, and also lets you manage the DayZ and Arma II Beta patches manually.

Looks like the creator has abandoned it.

When I used it just now it actually reverted me back to the old versions so I'm having to download .5 and the newest beta patch again :( (And the beta patch is taking forever)

On to Day Commander I guess.

Looks like six launcher is being tossed aside for a newer launcher called "Play withSix".

http://www.six-updater.net/2012/08/play-withsix-dayz-1725-prerelease.html

Personally, I really like what Commander has to offer: friends list, favorites, etc., but for some strange reason it kills my internet connection every time I launch it (opening to many sockets? I don't know). Anyway, so I have always used six launcher.

I have also noticed that continually using six launcher has completely eliminated the coast teleporting spawning from last saved locations issues for me anyway. Six launcher gets a lot of crap from most folks it seems, but six launcher not updating to .5 yet has seemed to allow for more stability, at least in my case.

I'm Still using both, Six and Commander both have good and bad points But both offer different server lists, if anyone wants to check this out. I Use Commander for my server preference and Six for a walk on the wild side as I do not have a regular server I play on.

Only a week ago I first updated with Commander and I was very impressed (Used Six for this due to previous reliability), this was due to no update of DayZ wIth Six after "the long wait", Using the filter system in Commander is very good I get what I want quicker. When six was lagging behind on the update issue it lost my vote.

It comes down to what you find useful and what you use regular away. In game server list, Six server list,and DayZ Commander mega filter server list. Plus Commander has regular update info and the Dev Is A member of the Forum.

Each to his own.

Don't really see why you'd wanna use Six Launcher considering DayZCommander has very accurate server lists, friends lists, server filters, etc.

I keep Six Launcher so I can play ACE, other then that it gets no use anymore.

Looks like six launcher is being tossed aside for a newer launcher called "Play withSix".

http://www.six-updat...prerelease.html

Personally, I really like what Commander has to offer: friends list, favorites, etc., but for some strange reason it kills my internet connection every time I launch it (opening to many sockets? I don't know). Anyway, so I have always used six launcher.

I have also noticed that continually using six launcher has completely eliminated the coast teleporting spawning from last saved locations issues for me anyway. Six launcher gets a lot of crap from most folks it seems, but six launcher not updating to .5 yet has seemed to allow for more stability, at least in my case.

Agreed.

I don't want to jump to the fail wagon yet, i'm gonna stay in .4 until SU forces me to :)

I understand the support for other methods and the stable argument...

Just think a lot of the apps/torrents muddy the water a little.

It seems like the hackers get a bit more time to work on it before players get to play it.

Now the Six team are brining out more software? That does the same thing? But lets them have the updates?

So everyone will use that, if they are used to six software. So there is no point of the updater that doesnt have the latest version.

Edited by steele

1.7.2.5 is not pushed trough SIX Launcher due to request of Rocket.

However Play with SIX has the ability to use experimental builds such as 1.7.2.5 and is much more advanced than SIX Launcher. :)

Go and check it out now!