KungFuCharlie

Some Players Speed Slower Than Others?

Saw a thread on this in the bug reports section but wanted to check in the more mainstream room (here). Anyone else experience this and have a fix for it?

Explanation: Me and a few friends meet up in a server... two of us are at normal speed and one is about half as fast. We've made sure that all conditions are the same... no injuries, standing up, in "run mode"... his standing run is slightly slower than our crouching run. His crouching walk is like baby craw. It persists across deaths / respawns and across different servers.

I've seen this problem only once so far, and that was with a friend who had performance issues due to outdated hardware. He ran at basically half speed compared to us.

Its not an issue of double taping W. We made sure he was following the same process as us.

His hardware is older. But that seems so strange to be the problem.

Lower FPS actually lowers your running speed. I was extremely choppy on a particular server and my group was running laps around me. Another player in our group is constantly slower than the rest of us, and he happens to have the worst video card out of the bunch.

Nothing else seems to impact your run speed (blood, gear, bags, etc.)

I've noticed this as well, some of us run faster than others, but I don't think it's fps related, at least in our case.

I wonderd if it was down to the more you run (you build up stamina) or latancy.

I've had this, I play with the same person numerous times, sometimes he runs faster than me, sometimes I run faster than him, even if we're running in the same stance. It's odd. It could just be a latency re-sync kind of thing I suppose.

My brother and I both play on high end machines with no noticible video lag. We have experienced the same issue with relative speeds to one another on occasion.

Yesterday he had a broken leg, and after taking morphine he seemed a bit slower than me while running.

I'll shoot him in the leg today just to test it out. He did shoot me yesterday by accident...so I owe him one.

I experienced this too.

Ran with a guy and he constantly had to stop and wait for me.

And yes, the machine I run the game on is not the newest, so that could well be the cause of this.

I can confirm this as well. Was running with 2 friends who 1, had a decent computer compared to me, and the other has system not as powerful, and they both seemed to run more lowly than myself..

A friend of mine is having this problem as well. Similar to what another person posted above, if I crouch run and he sprints all out, I can still outpace him. If we both sprint at full speed I can outpace him by about 100 meters in around 20 or so seconds.

Another thing I've noticed is that his character looks like it's doing that goofy speedwalking thing when he sprints.

He tells me that the moment he starts to sprint everything seems fine, but after a few moments of running it seems like his character gets winded and slows to a snails pace. Really strange bug here. It sucks, because people who are experiencing this are at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of us. Can you imagine how long it takes to get to the northern part of the map when you run at 40% the speed of everyone else?

This problem persists through game installs and new character spawns.